Ambien for sleep study????

[Po...]

They want to do another sleep study on me to try and figure out I’m always wake bag up so tired and feeling like warmed over dog poop. The last time they tried to do a sleep study on me I couldn’t sleep. I slept all of one hour so the test was inconclusive. So this time they want to give me 10mg of Ambien. I’ve been off benzos for several years now. Will this one dose mess me up again? I’m hoping it’s a minimal risk as I really need to get to the bottom of my entrenched sleep problems.

Pokey aka Paul

[d9...]
Eh. I would't worry for a one off.  I don't even plan on taking benzos again regularly, but for say-surgery? (Like I had last year in March) I am not worried about.

• 3 weeks later...
I’m on remeron now. Down to 5.2mg and tapering. It seems to be more sedating the lower I go. Now worried about combining the Ambien with the mirtazapine for my sleep which is this week. I would like to wake up  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I’d just stick with the Mirtazapine if it were me. Are you having any trouble getting to sleep?

Mirtazapine is much more sedating the lower you go. When I was tapering off, 1mg knocked me out almost immediately.

But according to the Ashton Manual, she said we can see have benzos for one-off medical procedures and surgery without repercussions.

Yes I am just taking the mirtazapine. The Ambien was only for one dose for the sleep study I had. That said I kept waking up feeling almost comatose and stiff, achy with malaise and upset stomach. After I get up and have a coffee and get going I start to feel lots better. I don’t know what to attribute this to other than tapering off the mirtazapine.