Author Topic: Post One Positive Thing Support Group  (Read 4206 times)

[Buddie]

Post One Positive Thing Support Group
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:15:18 am »
To everyone on this board- I challenge you to post one positive thing along with every post you make. Something you are grateful for, inspiring quote, link to a meditation you found helpful, tips that make you feel better, etc. just one, for every thread you start.

There is too much negativity and hopelessness on here. Positive thinking is powerful, we need to keep it in the forefront of our minds and this is a way to practice it. It is a good habit for everybody. I guarantee this board trying this would help a lot of people on here.

Positive- YouTube Jason Stephenson meditation videos, they are all great, try one!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Post One Positive Thing Support Group
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 04:43:16 am »
Love this! Great idea
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:02:54 am »
Great idea!

I will post on here, this week I had a job apply and went to the swimmimg pool to do some exercise despite the raw condition and physical torture. Distraction is the key!!

My body felt so much better in the swimming pool!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 08:18:21 am »
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 02:57:03 pm »
To everyone on this board- I challenge you to post one positive thing along with every post you make. Something you are grateful for, inspiring quote, link to a meditation you found helpful, tips that make you feel better, etc. just one, for every thread you start.

There is too much negativity and hopelessness on here. Positive thinking is powerful, we need to keep it in the forefront of our minds and this is a way to practice it. It is a good habit for everybody. I guarantee this board trying this would help a lot of people on here.

Positive- YouTube Jason Stephenson meditation videos, they are all great, try one!

I think this is great idea too. This morning I woke up after being in a pretty bad window the past week,  feeling the best Iíve felt throughout this entire process. Even if itís only for a couple hours or the duration of today itís a sign that healing is definitely happening.  Iím only in month 5 but compared to everything that had been going on in the past 2 yearís for me Iím incredibly grateful for this. It only seems to get better as time goes on. For those that r struggling, all we can do is take it day by day. As time goes on instead of thinking when is this going to end I now think about what I have been going through & that by making it through this thereís nothing [...]ít handle in the future. Hopefully this can help anyone whoís struggling out. Letís definitely try & keep things as positive as possible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 04:00:58 pm »
Thought I'd jump in on this thread since this is a great idea.  I, along with many others, have been going through this horrific journey together with the hope of one day feeling much, much better.  Of course, there are times when we are experiencing symptoms and want to get the thoughts of other who may have experienced the same thing and also look for advice.  With that said, even though I've been going through some terrible withdrawal symptoms (mostly physical) I have to look a the end goal of getting better one day.  So this week my wife and I joined a wellness center with the hope of improving our physical well being.  Even today, I had the energy to run the vacuum in the house.  So we must all struggle on and find what works best for us.   :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 09:27:27 pm »
Bumpin it back baby

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »
I wish there was something i could be positive about. Still very sick so im happy to be alive. At least theres a chance I'll recover one day. Despite it seeming impossibly far away. And unlikely. I guess I'll be more positive when theres something more positive to report.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 10:24:26 pm »
The past few months have probably been the hardest, most horrific of my life. But I do believe that ultimately God can use these struggles to make us better, more compassionate people. I'll tell you ... I have a whole new empathy for people who have health issues (a health issue triggered extreme anxiety, which is why I took the Ativan in the first place ... big mistake! Traded one problem for another). I find myself sincerely caring about and praying for others who are struggling. Bc I'm really struggling now and I know how hard it is!

Another plus side is that I'm so much closer to my family ... my mother (whom I normally don't get along with all that well) is staying with me because I've been so sick. I'm SO grateful for this bc I don't know what I would have done without her! I'm giving her hugs and telling her daily how much I love her. I speak to my father every day on the phone and we all pray together for my healing and [...]. For this, I'm very grateful and this is what is helping me cope.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 01:16:18 am »
I am grateful my nephew drove 6 hours to come take me to dinner. This was the first time I have been out at [...] in a year.