Update: Started Zoloft

[Mk...]

In early January I posted about having an extremely hard time. Suicidal thoughts, paranoia etc. 5 weeks ago I changed doctors and explained to her my situation. She was surprisingly understanding. She started me on zoloft 25mgs and hydroxyzine 50mg. I was scared to death to take both seeing how some supplements threw me back into symptoms, made some worse, or even started new ones. But, I decided I was out of options and might as well try.

I feel soooooo much better!!!! My panic has almost disappeared, paranoia is gone, and depression is gone! I've been able to sleep all night. I only wake up to pee. I leave my house without fear and having started a couple new hobbies. 

I still have a few symptoms that zoloft cant fix. Such as: still some mild twitching and my memory hasn't gotten better. 

But, if I can enjoy life while dealing with other symptoms it sure makes this easier.

However, I'm not a doctor and you should speak with them about options for you.

But, I thought I would share. If it weren't for zoloft I wouldn't be here right now.  Eventually, I'll wean off but, right now it's working for me and I want to live.

Well that’s good to hear it’s promising I guess the best thing to do would be to stay on it for about a year then jump off you don’t want state ad to long Glad to hear you’re doing better anyways

My psychiatrist, which I just saw about a week ago, suggested a really low dose of Zoloft to help with the depression that I've now felt for about 10.5 months. I just don't know how long I should wait before trying something. My sleep has gotten a lot better the last month, so I am very hesitant to start anything new seeing even slight improvements. I really don't know how much of the depression is still from quitting the benzo and how much is from life anymore. I just don't know what to do about the depression. Never felt this shitty for such a long period of time in my entire life.

In early January I posted about having an extremely hard time. Suicidal thoughts, paranoia etc. 5 weeks ago I changed doctors and explained to her my situation. She was surprisingly understanding. She started me on zoloft 25mgs and hydroxyzine 50mg. I was scared to death to take both seeing how some supplements threw me back into symptoms, made some worse, or even started new ones. But, I decided I was out of options and might as well try.

I feel soooooo much better!!!! My panic has almost disappeared, paranoia is gone, and depression is gone! I've been able to sleep all night. I only wake up to pee. I leave my house without fear and having started a couple new hobbies. 

I still have a few symptoms that zoloft cant fix. Such as: still some mild twitching and my memory hasn't gotten better. 

But, if I can enjoy life while dealing with other symptoms it sure makes this easier.

However, I'm not a doctor and you should speak with them about options for you.

But, I thought I would share. If it weren't for zoloft I wouldn't be here right now.  Eventually, I'll wean off but, right now it's working for me and I want to live.

So glad you found some relief and I hope it continues. I have also been suffering for a long time and I am considerimg trying an antidepressants.

Thank you so much. I think the decision to take an antidepressant can be scary. Works for some and not others. I decided to try and it works well for me. My life depended on it.

Hi

I haven't logged in for quit a while and was looking for post about Zoloft. Because my doctor just put me on Zoloft a few days ago and Hydroxyzine also. but my dose is 150mg Zoloft and 25mg Hydroxyzine. Glad to see it helps, Hoping it helps me too. I have only been taking it for a few days so no results yet. My Dr said it will take up to 2 weeks for the Zoloft to take effect. The only thing so far is the Hydroxyzine makes me really sleepy.

I think it helped me during my taper and post-withdrawal.  I was on it for about 1.5 years, and it worked well.  Coming off it now, but I thought it wasn't bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...

The Hydroxyzine wasn't doing anything for me so he switched me to Seroquel at night and Zoloft in the morning. He said the Seroquel was off label for treatment resistant anxiety, The Zoloft helped my depression but not anxiety. The combo of Zoloft with Seroquel seems to be working great.