seven months off and healing

[fr...]

just over seven months off valium CT after using it for around thirty years,the first couple of months were tough as i expected i’m leveling out a good bit in the past couple of months with a lot of my symptoms gone or easing some new symptoms have developed like sinus problems and fatigue which i can cope with now that i know it’s benzo related,sleep has returned and i can get a full night sleep where i used to wake every hour for toilet which is another withdrawal symptom,i haven’t much more to add at this time except that i’m about 70% healed and to let you all know it maby a little bit orbuncomfortable or hard but not impossible;you can do it☘️frank

just over seven months off valium CT after using it for around thirty years,the first couple of months were tough as i expected i’m leveling out a good bit in the past couple of months with a lot of my symptoms gone or easing some new symptoms have developed like sinus problems and fatigue which i can cope with now that i know it’s benzo related,sleep has returned and i can get a full night sleep where i used to wake every hour for toilet which is another withdrawal symptom,i haven’t much more to add at this time except that i’m about 70% healed and to let you all know it maby a little bit orbuncomfortable or hard but not impossible;you can do it☘️frank

Good for you Frank .... happy you are healing so fast after a CT and long term use ... you a re perhaps one of the luckier ones !

Good luck and keep healing ,

MiYu

• 4 weeks later...

im eight months now and feeling a bit more positive

• 2 weeks later...

Frank,

You give me hope!  Seven - eight months and you are better after long term use!!  Yay!!  I’m at the end of month 3 after CT, and I can use healing stories less than a year.  Hope it continues for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Frank, congratulations! I CT'd 7 months ago in a detox facility from 13 years multi benzo use, with a focus on Klonopin. Looking back it was totally crazy, but hindsight is easy... For me, the fear has subsided a lot, I was terrified of a lot of things..physically, the most bothersome symptom remains 'twitching' at night- some kind of muscle contractions. My understanding is that this is a "normal" longterm symptom, and it too has gotten better.

I would say I am around 70% too. If I could stop being a complete dick to my family that would help things- am working on it!  To all out there, things will get better- it just takes time.

The muscle twitching comes on in the evening and effects the lower part of my body, really only my legs.  Generally it is pretty subdued but every now and again the twitches can be stronger.  Put this way, its definitely not life threatening but also not at all nice. When I was in detox they prescribed a blood pressure medication called Clonodin (NOT KlonoPin!), which works to alleviate symptoms as it has some off-label muscle relaxant effects. And much as I am VERY reluctant to take any medication after my 'benzo experience' I am taking this as rarely as I can now- for instance, if I really cannot sleep because of the twitching. I aim to get off it as soon as poss. Hope this helps in some way, and stay strong!

Frank,

You give me hope!  Seven - eight months and you are better after long term use!!  Yay!!  I’m at the end of month 3 after CT, and I can use healing stories less than a year.  Hope it continues for you!

thanks sarasue hopefully we will all heal and someday live normal lives again x