Dental Drugs - please help

[ff...]

[ff...]

I have a cracked tooth, dentist tells me it needs to come out, pain is agonising but he can't do it for 2 weeks.

What local anaesthetic injection meds should i avoid? Any ideas for pain relief, I cant take anti-inflammatories, oil of cloves ok?

I am so upset and terrified as i have reactions to everything, only just getting over an AB setback from 4 months ago.

Horror waves as well. This sucks so bad.

They commonly give epinephrine along with the numbing agent to make it last longer. This is what you may want to avoid. You may feel more pain, and they will have to read minister the numbing agent mid-way through, but at least you can skip the heart racing and anxiety of the epinephrine shot. As far as pain relief after the fact, I don't know, Tylenol? And just ice a bunch if you can't use NSAIDs, to reduce swelling.

You can request an  epinephrine free anaesthetic  as its recommender to avoid it in withdrawal or tapering I did this myself so did lots of other people on here  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think it's called Carbocaine.

GOOD LUCK, southern star!!!  :hug:

Yes it is Carbocaine and I had it in December when I got my tooth filled and it was fine.

I've always had lidocaine injections. And yes, they include epinephrine in the injection to constrict your blood vessels around the site of injection to keep the lidocaine from wandering far and wide. I usually need a lot of lidocaine (a redhead trait apparently), so I ask for epinephrine-free stuff so I don't have a panic attack in the middle of it all.

[ff...]

Thanks for all your advice guys, I will definitely be asking for non epinephrine as I developed a racing heart through a too fast taper and high bp and had a stroke.

I won't be having the tooth out unless there is sound clinical evidence as the pain came on suddenly with a massive wave after exercise, it seems very coincidental to me, it's gone off now the wave has subsided. I'm really hoping it's nerve pain from wd. So far 2 X-ray's are clear and I'm having another one on Tues, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your suggestions and support, it means a lot.

SS x

[ff...]

Just an update on my tooth pain. Dentist couldn't find anything wong with my tooth whatsoever, and has concluded the pain was part of the cluster of wd sxs that came on all at the same time and left all at the same time. I would never have believed wd could cause that. Anyway i'm now AUD300 poorer but didn't need any treatment or meds. Thanks again for all your support.

SS x