Almost 2 years Benzo Free!

[Ma...]

Can't believe its been almost 2 years since I jumped. 2 years since I was on this forum daily for months, but I did it!

I'm no stranger to drug addiction or Alcoholism. Im a recovering Alcoholic. Benzos were the only legal drug ive had to taper off of and let me tell you, I've gone through Alcohol withdrawal, meth withdrawal, opiate withdrawal and SSRI withdrawal, dozens of times over the years and BENZOS WERE THE WORST TO COME OFF OF.

Most Drugs you are physically addictive to, It takes about a week tops of feeling crappy and then its up from there. Benzos was a whole nother story. I was in Bed for 6 months, could barely even leave my apartment, tapering off Ativan. IT WAS HELL. And probably another 3-5 months after jumping that I felt back to normal.

Im just glad I got through it, because I swear I thought I was gonna die so many times!

Good deal on your progress! I remember you responded to a post of mine asking whether to taper off of opiates or benzos first, so I know you're familiar with the special hell that comes with coming off multiple medications. Opiates are a nightmare, but you're right that benzos are in a league of their own. Looks like you tapered pretty fast, so that must have been extra brutal. It must feel great being to the point where it all really is behind you, and you have the rest of your life to live free of all the misery from benzos, or any other addictive medications. Be proud of yourself!