4 months???

[Lu...]

I know there is no set time frame for WD...but is it "normal" to still have some withdrawal symptoms 4 months out? I mean, why do some doctors keep saying it's not? Somedays I still wake up shakey, I have sound and vision sensory issues, I have dry eyes, and on occasion, increased heart rate. I didn't have any of this before.

Absolutely, it's normal to have withdrawal symptoms 4 months out.

Doctors say the DRUG is out of the body, so there can't possibly be withdrawal. They're completely eliminating the most important thing, that of NERVE damage, which can take a long time to heal for some of us. I don't know why they fail to see this.

All the symptoms you named are benzo withdrawal symptoms.

All of the symptoms you have a common withdrawal symptoms.  I was a short-term user (3 months) and had over 15 symptoms including extreme insomnia for months.  I healed completely by month 13/14, but as you already know, healing is unique to each person.  No one knows how long it will take for your body to heal your damaged Gaba receptors.

It is very common to have symptoms fade only to reappear or new symptoms appear out of the blue.  Expect the unexpected in withdrawal.  I had a month long wave at 18 months after after I thought I was completely healed.  It sucked and I haven't had any other waves since that time.  I am now 2.5 years off.

You'll get there, just be patient.  And yes, most doctors are clueless when it comes to understanding Benzo withdrawal.  I was told by several different doctors that withdrawal doesn't last more than 2-4 weeks max.  I wish they would stick with only prescribing Benzos for 2-4 weeks max and denying withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...
I’m 14 1/2 months out and still got withdrawls! Yes it’s normal time frame. 12-18 months is average for healing. I was so sick at 4 months off.