Can solution be stored in plastic or metal containers?

[St...]

Hi, I'm planning to make up a five-day solution of clonazepam. I have plastic and a metal containers, but no glass jars with lids. Is it necessary to use glass containers? Thanks!

Hi, I'm planning to make up a five-day solution of clonazepam. I have plastic and a metal containers, but no glass jars with lids. Is it necessary to use glass containers? Thanks?

Either one willl be fine.

Hi, I'm planning to make up a five-day solution of clonazepam. I have plastic and a metal containers, but no glass jars with lids. Is it necessary to use glass containers? Thanks?

While I am not aware of clonazepam specifically, midazolam and diazepam have been tested and shown about 1/5 loss due to adsorption in plastics.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/73e6/93bd00a9f2ce65d5fb52fb97d093667cccb5.pdf

Glass is always best practice.

While I am not aware of clonazepam specifically, midazolam and diazepam have been tested and shown about 1/5 loss due to adsorption in plastics.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/73e6/93bd00a9f2ce65d5fb52fb97d093667cccb5.pdf

Glass is always best practice.

Plastic is a generic term that covers thousands of different compounds, many having widely varying physical and chemical characteristics.

The article you linked references polystyrene.  There are other studies that have shown problems with polyvinyl chloride used for IV tubes and bags, but these are the only plastics that I have seen implicated for interaction with benzos.

The Rx Diazepam Oral Solutiom that I used for my taper came from the mfgr in a plastic container (HDPE)