Short term user, 8 weeks out, feeling much better!

[at...]

Was feeling horrible until about 2 weeks out since then I've been slowly improving, only symptoms left are sweaty hands and low energy.

Hang in there everyone, with time you'll all heal up. :thumbsup:

As a short term user myself who has just hopped off I am glad to see this.  I am not having any severe sxs but I find that I am constantly psyching myself out thinking "it's on it's way".  Going to the post withdrawal board and reading those accounts hasn't been helping too much.  :-[  I guess I probably shouldn't go there.

In your experience what was the worst thing that you faced during the first two weeks?  I am really glad to see your story, thank you for posting.  :thumbsup:

Hello

Good luck on taper

I’ve been on 1mg Ativan for 5 months and about two weeks ago dropped to .75, feeling poorly last few days and wondered a) too big of a first cut b) should I “tough it out” since two weeks in c) when will these symptoms subside

Regarding Ativan though, is there a liquid version? As we know cutting a .5 pill that is split is doable but that only gets .25, harder to cut that.  I’m not sure how folks get 5 to 10 percent cuts unless going to titration?  Thank you for any help

That first cut is 25% which is a big cut.  I think only you can decide if you should tough it out, are your symptoms unbearable? 

I believe that there is a liquid version of Ativan, but you could do just as well with a liquid taper.

CONGRATS! Gives me hope!

After you cut, how soon do you feel the effects of the cut with ativan? If its an symptom based taper, and you can handle it, do you keep going?

I was on for a few of weeks consistently family dr gave me a month to taper but also said i can step off at 0.125mg if I feel okay. I've taken 6 weeks to DLMT,  I'm not sure how long to taper the last 0.1mg.

In your experience what was the worst thing that you faced during the first two weeks?  I am really glad to see your story, thank you for posting.  :thumbsup:

On the worst day (10 days out) my legs turned into jelly, i was having trouble walking. Felt horrible.

That first cut is 25% which is a big cut.  I think only you can decide if you should tough it out, are your symptoms unbearable?

I wouldn't have ever described them as unbearable, the CT was unbearable, i wanted to go to the hospital.

After you cut, how soon do you feel the effects of the cut with ativan? If its an symptom based taper, and you can handle it, do you keep going?

I was on kloppin, not ativan. It was a time based taper, i'm glad i didn't spend too long tapering, it would have just delayed the agony.

Congratulations on your recovery. I remember the jelly legs hit me too around day 11. The nurse had to help me back to my room when I was in detox. I had to stop every couple of steps and rest. I was at a resort so my room at the time was a long ways from the nurses station. I then asked to be moved on the same hall as the nurses station and it was granted. Enjoy your freedom!

CONGRATS! Gives me hope!

I was on for a few of weeks consistently family dr gave me a month to taper but also said i can step off at 0.125mg if I feel okay. I've taken 6 weeks to DLMT,  I'm not sure how long to taper the last 0.1mg.

Anxious, I was on Ativan and for me, dry cutting, the symptoms would hit on day three after a cut.  I would always hold until symptoms were not noticeable before cutting again.  For me, taking time and going slowly and symptom free was far more important than trying to get off quickly.