Xanax taper started Jan 29,2018 was on 4mg present 0.25mg

[mo...]

I haven't been here since April 2018. I have been tapering off Xanax now for a year. Started taking in 1997 my highest dose was 4mg a day sometimes more if I had extra. I am now on 0.25mg a day and I listed in my profile all the other meds my physchostist has me on. Its been the hardest yr of my life I will say. But being on such a low dose I am finding myself cracking it all over again. Does that have anything to do with it or is it the addiction I have to this drug?? This has been the worst time i've had from tapering off Xanax so far. I will say so far I have not took but the current dose I'm on but the last week it's on my mind all the time. I thought I had beaten this but now I am getting worried. If anybody can help me get this out of my mind ? I will say staying busy does help me so much. I get involved in what I am doing and it leaves my mind. I am taking it day by day and when I wake up in the morning I think to myself I went another day without going up on this devil drug !!

Hi molly06,  There are a lot of things it might be, it seems like, bc you're on a few other medications.  What comes to my mind as the leading reason though, is that it's because you're getting so low on your dose now.  Can you either slow way down or switch to a longer acting benzo like valium or klonopin?  Another thought is to divide your dose more and take it more often throughout the day.  A lot of people report tough side effects as they get closer to the end and you've been on a long journey so far and it looks relatively fast.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is what's going on assuming all other meds have remained constant (especially the ambien) except for maybe increases in the trazadone.  I wouldn't touch the ambien at all until you're finished with this one.  Am obliged to say these are just my opinions and I'm not a doctor.  I hope things let up for you sooner.  All the best.