Constipation - How to keep regular??

[Un...]

I take one teaspoon of psyllium with two glasses of water every day, a probiotic and a teaspoon of aloe Vera juice, it has helped, although I’m not regular yet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Un...]

• [An...]

• [Ma...]

• [De...]

I take one teaspoon of psyllium with two glasses of water every day, a probiotic and a teaspoon of aloe Vera juice, it has helped, although I’m not regular yet.

I am also taking some psyllium along with a little miralax(not the recommended dose tho). I hate that feeling of needing to have a bowel movement and not being able to go. It is awful. You might also consider oat groats if you like oats. They were wonderful but I had to stop eating so much bc I was getting spikes in my blood sugar. When I was eating a bowl of the whole oat groats every morning, it made me regular like clock work and I could go easily.

Hey Uni.. :)

I hear you on this one.. Some great suggestions here..

Prunes actually helped me at a later date, But if all else fails and your stuck...  Prucalopride might be worth a google in relation to WD related C...  It worked a treat when even pre-op/imaging preperations wouldnt make a dent... I have more info as it related to opiate/benzo damage -just PM me if you end up going ahead with it and I will try to dig up some of my earlier posts here and some ncbi links for you...

:)

AntiBenzo7

I will give it a try, anything that helps and is not a medication.

I took something similar to miralax called contumax, and it works pretty well, but I decided to give psyllium a try and it has helped and it is not a medication. I’m taking Teo chamomile teas a day, which help relax my gut and bladder.

I want to be out of this mess so bladly!

Thanks, for your help.

Hey guys,

Finally found something that helped me.  I tried so many things - diet and foods, water, otc laxatives, prescriptions from my doc...too many things to list.  What worked for me was Dr. Schulze’s Intenstinal Formula 1 (got mine on Amazon).  I used it as directed and after 4 days it worked.  I haven’t had an issue since then, and have become regular.  It’s been a miracle for me.  Maybe it would help some of you. 

MIRACLE! 

Love,

Uni ❤️

[15...]

Hey guys,

Finally found something that helped me.  I tried so many things - diet and foods, water, otc laxatives, prescriptions from my doc...too many things to list.  What worked for me was Dr. Schulze’s Intenstinal Formula 1 (got mine on Amazon).  I used it as directed and after 4 days it worked.  I haven’t had an issue since then, and have become regular.  It’s been a miracle for me.  Maybe it would help some of you. 

MIRACLE! 

Love,

Uni ❤️

I don't doubt it works, it has senna, which is a stimulant laxative. 

Correct  Senna = Ex Lax

I had a friend who used Senna after his total knee replacement bc he was on opiates. After he stopped the opiates, he stopped using the Senna. The stimulant laxatives do work but there is some debate as to whether you should use them long-term. For now, I would just use until the benzo mess is all over with and then see if you can find another solution. Constipation can make you really miserable and if left untreated too long, it can lead to other problems. You can not put food into the body and never have waste leaving. You will eventually become impacted and very sick and this can be a medical emergency.

Yes, there is Senna in it.  I’d already tried regular Senna a couple times prior but it revved me up, couldn’t sleep, and although I was relieved the following day, I didn’t become regular thereafter.  Whereas with the Dr. Schulze’s it didn’t rev me, I slept, it was gentler and it took 4 days for it to work.  I haven’t needed it again.  Yet!  So I’m not sure if it’s because of the combination of ingredients or what?  But it worked for me.  I’d been dealing with his problem for about 3 months and could only go if I used a laxative.  It’s been a miracle to not need one, now.  Fingers crossed.

I’m sorry to all who are struggling with this issue.  It’s so important to go!

Uni❤️

[15...]

Yes, there is Senna in it.  I’d already tried regular Senna a couple times prior but it revved me up, couldn’t sleep, and although I was relieved the following day, I didn’t become regular thereafter.  Whereas with the Dr. Schulze’s it didn’t rev me, I slept, it was gentler and it took 4 days for it to work.  I haven’t needed it again.  Yet!  So I’m not sure if it’s because of the combination of ingredients or what?  But it worked for me.  I’d been dealing with his problem for about 3 months and could only go if I used a laxative.  It’s been a miracle to not need one, now.  Fingers crossed.

Uni❤️

That's great !  Please keep us updated on how it continues to work.

Hey guys,

MIRACLE! 

Love,

Uni ❤️

Oh that's great Uni, if it happens to me again, mostly I am okay, but just in case, I will keep it in mind  ;).  Love you Uni ♥️🦄    Mary

• 2 weeks later...
I’m joining this thread and will love to commiserate with others. This is terrible. I think I’m gaining weight because of it and I feel pregnant all the time. Except on days I drink my “smooth move” tea. Then I feel normal until I eat food again. Prunes help occassionaly but not always. When will this be over.

Uni❤️

Just ordered it Uni, wish me luck ;)

Uni❤️

I’m so glad you ordered it, love ❤️  Please let me and us know how it goes for you!  This is seriously the best thing for regularity, for me.  The cool thing is, if I do happen to get a little behind (no pun intended) on movements...  I just take one at night and the next day it’s back on track again.  So I’ve used it to clear up the serious problem I had for months and have used it twice as a spot treatment, if you will.  It’s amazing. 

Hope it works as well for you, Mary!  Love and miss you, just been laying kinda low while trying to get some footing.  😘

I'm a little late to the party, but thought I would chime in with what worked for me. I was totally miserable and constipated on my taper. I tired about everything mentioned on here. Everything. Nothing worked well. (I decided NOT to use laxatives).

In despair one night, I tried one of those OTC mag citrate bottles and it about killed me. Oh, no. Never again.

A buddy in Australia told me about Natural Calm. I was skeptical, because hey, it's mag citrate. But I bought some (amazon) and tried it. Very small dose. It's a powder so you can make it is as weak as you want. It worked like a charm. I used (and still use it) at about 1/4 the recommended dose. I like it that it doesn't give me diarrhea, just draws water in from my intestines to make things soft enough to, um, pass easily. No straining.

Also, I started drinking coffee. Apparently I am one of those lucky 40% of people who get the urge to have a bm with coffee.

So having suffered for years on my taper, I'm happy with my two solutions.

Hope this helps someone. Constipation is beyond horrid.

Katz

[fe...]
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but I do warm water (not hot) or herbal enemas. Sounds crazy, but it's instant relief, and not really unsafe if done properly, which is simple. I found coffee enemas amazing as well during bad wd but the tiny amount of caffeine absorbed was triggering symptoms (I was already caffeine intolerant prior to benzos) so I switched to roasted dandelion root, for the liver. But warm water is fine and shouldn't cause any reactions. It's really not good to be constipated because our body is unable to release toxic matter in feces and when we already feel terrible this makes wd worse. Not for everyone, but they help me immensely. Lots of detailed instructions online if you're interested. And hospitals would give you a fleet enema anyways.

I’ve been having problems with constipation in the last month, have already used laxatives (magnesium citrate liquid)  a few times and don’t want to rely on them to go.  Also, 3 days into taking magnesium supplement at night, but still not going. What are some healthy alternatives besides exercise, drinking lots of water, lots of veggies?

Not sure if this is a Valium thing or a taper/wd thing...  anyone have feedback and/or suggestions? 

Thanks in advance,

Uni ❤️

Hi, I'm sure its a wd thing. This helped me ...

https://www.docsimon.com/article/hylak-forte-sol-1x100ml

Hylak forte : Use of Hylak forte supports, in a natural way, growth of for the body beneficial bacteria, positively regulates pH and thus also the normal functioning of the digestive tract. You may use Hylak forte when you are experiencing problems with flatulence, diarrhoea or constipation, digestive disorders associated with use of antibiotics or sulfonamids, and/or other problems associated with a change of climate or food (when travelling, for instance). During first days adults should use 2 ml of the preparation 3 times a day. Babies and children should use 1 ml of the preparation 3 times a day. After improvement, the dosage may be reduced to one half. Do not use the preparation longer than 7 days without having consulted your doctor. If your condition and the course of your disease allow it, the doctor may extend your treatment.

Uni❤️

I’m so glad you ordered it, love ❤️  Please let me and us know how it goes for you!  This is seriously the best thing for regularity, for me.  The cool thing is, if I do happen to get a little behind (no pun intended) on movements...  I just take one at night and the next day it’s back on track again.  So I’ve used it to clear up the serious problem I had for months and have used it twice as a spot treatment, if you will.  It’s amazing. 

Hope it works as well for you, Mary!  Love and miss you, just been laying kinda low while trying to get some footing.  😘

Love and miss you too Uni, I will let you know how it works,  :laugh: :laugh:, lucky you ;)  🦄🦄🦄💜

Also late to the party but just wanted to chime in!

I have struggled with constipation since I was a teenager and have had problems with laxatives in the past. They are awful but when you're desperate you'll understandably do anything. I still have issues with constipation but don't want to use laxatives so I will try almost anything!

Now I use "Natural Calm" magnesium powder that I put in water. Other people have mentioned it here as well. I love it. It also is very relaxing and I need all that and then some.  :)

I also just tried Mag07 pills from Areobic Life. I bought them off Amazon. You start with three pills before bed and see how it goes. Take as needed. This also worked for me.

I also take Culterelle probiotic supplements which sometimes help.

I, too, love to make green drinks every morning to increase my natural fiber consumption. I cut up kale, carrots, lemon, half of an apple and ginger and blend it in a Nutribullet and it is great. I feel great after drinking it and imagine it flushing out all the toxins in my system! The drinks used to help me with regularity, but not so much anymore...but it doesn't hurt! 

The only thing that has consistently worked for me is the magnesium supplements. But you are doing that already.

I hope you are doing well and thanks to everyone else for all the tips!  :thumbsup:

Now I use "Natural Calm" magnesium powder that I put in water. Other people have mentioned it here as well. I love it.

:thumbsup: to that, Tater! It's the best thing I've ever tried. I got soooooo constipated on my taper, but now, nope.

Oh yeah, coffee helps, too.  ;)

Katz

Where do you buy "Natural Calm" and which kind?  I have found several different brands and varieties that say Natural Calm.

Amazon.

The one I like is unflavored. It tastes a bit lemony. All the flavored ones are AWFUL imo.

Just go to amazon and paste this into the search bar:

Natural Vitality Calm, The Anti-Stress Dietary Supplement Powder, Unflavored - 16 Ounces

There's a $2 coupon offered on it right now.

Katz

Where do you buy "Natural Calm" and which kind?  I have found several different brands and varieties that say Natural Calm.

Sorry Just saw this!

Yes, Amazon is a wonderful place to buy all these helpful supplements,etc. We don't even need to leave the house which can be unbearable in our condition. I just hate that I am contributing to making Jeff Bezos even more, rich, but whatever, I am sick and need convenience. :laugh:

I personally have bought the product at a organic type grocery store called Sprouts. Like a Whole Foods, but smaller.

Natural Virtality makes the product. My favorite flavor is Raspberry/Lemon. Kinda fizzes as it settles and it is very tasty. Think I will have some now!  ;D

Update: Another member here suggested psyllium to me. It is the stuff that they put in metamucil. I don't like the Metamucil with the sugar and orange flavoring. I went to Amazon and found this. See link below. It was a godsend. Now, BMs are like night and day. I no longer have any constipation and I went from going every other day to 2x a day and like clockwork now. I only take (3) 500 mg pills of psyllium powder encased in a gelatin capsule. I take one in the morning, one at noon, and one before I go to bed.  :thumbsup:

Here is what I purchased from Amazon. HTH someone--

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OW2KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1