Author Topic: Constipation - How to keep regular??  (Read 1269 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Constipation - How to keep regular??
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 12:23:33 pm »
Aloe vera liquid or capsules from a compounding pharmacy.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 07:30:49 pm »
What about miralax long-term? Is that bad also? I have developed hemorrhoids....can't win for losing it seems.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 07:44:55 pm »
There are videos on YouTube of abdomen massage for sluggish colon.
I was at first diagnosed with ibs, but latter told I have a sluggish colon.
An ounce of aloe Vera whole leaf juice half an hour before a meal helps to move the vowels.
This has been a very concerning symptom for me.
Good luck.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 10:17:23 pm »
What about a glass of prune juice with meals?

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 01:46:37 am »
Probitocis have been a miracle for me, prunes, fiber crackers, and decaffeinated coffee. Also jogging, and Inositol seems to help some. Also chamomille tea, and passion flower to relax the colon muscles to go.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 02:18:57 am »
I take one teaspoon of psyllium with two glasses of water every day, a probiotic and a teaspoon of aloe Vera juice, it has helped, although Iím not regular yet.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 09:32:35 am »
I take one teaspoon of psyllium with two glasses of water every day, a probiotic and a teaspoon of aloe Vera juice, it has helped, although Iím not regular yet.
I am also taking some psyllium along with a little miralax(not the recommended dose tho). I hate that feeling of needing to have a bowel movement and not being able to go. It is awful. You might also consider oat groats if you like oats. They were wonderful but I had to stop eating so much bc I was getting spikes in my blood sugar. When I was eating a bowl of the whole oat groats every morning, it made me regular like clock work and I could go easily.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 09:45:50 am »
[...],
Iím going to give oat groats a try, my sugar is fine and I could use some weight gain.
Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 10:26:24 am »
@[...], yeah, give them a shot if you like oats. I still eat the bob's red mill oat groats about 2X / week, not daily like I was doing before. You typically have to order. Amazon has them but Walmart has them a lot cheaper. The problem with Walmart is that they are always out of stock, so I just ordered more from Vitacost. I ordered 15 bags to get the free shipping (anything over $49). These should last me a long time since I am not eating daily anymore but they are wonderful for constipation issues, plus they will help drive down your bad LDL cholesterol....an added bonus!

https://www.vitacost.com/bobs-red-mill-organic-whole-grain-oat-groats

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 10:47:25 am »
Hey [...].. :)

I hear you on this one.. Some great suggestions here..

Prunes actually helped me at a later date, But if all else fails and your stuck...  Prucalopride might be worth a google in relation to WD related C...  It worked a treat when even pre-op/imaging preperations wouldnt make a dent... I have more info as it related to opiate/benzo damage -just PM me if you end up going ahead with it and I will try to dig up some of my earlier posts here and some ncbi links for you...
:)