Author Topic: Constipation - How to keep regular??  (Read 1583 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Constipation - How to keep regular??
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 11:50:57 pm »
When I tried to go Keto my constipation eased so maybe adding in some avocados and coconut oil might help?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 11:57:03 pm »
Thank you, [...]  :smitten:

I have been eating an avocado every night for months, but Iíll try adding in coconut oil.  Iíve had occasional bouts of constipation, but not like this.  This came on during a bad fear wave and though the fear has lessened, nothing ismbudging.  Iím so sorry youíre enduring this and everything else.  My heart goes out to you, warrior sister.  Youíre so kind for offering support when you are struggling yourself.  Something I havenít been so good at since Iíve crossed to Valium.  Need to try more.

You all inspire me.  All of you warriors! 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 11:59:35 pm »
You could try full Keto but it is hard to get enough calories if you are losing weight.

I find helping others is my best form of distraction so not altruism on my part....

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 12:20:08 am »
[...], thatís my concern about Keto.  Iím underweight and lost another pound over the past month, without really changing anything.  Need to keep as much on as I can.  Iím 5í2Ē at 105, where 115 is my norm.  I know it doesnít seem like much but it is on my body. 

Helping others was what I prefer to do, too.  I donít know whatís gotten me so withdrawn from doing so.  Itís seriosuly noticeable since crossing from K to V.  Valium is extremely depressing for me, so I am more withdrawn and negative.  Have never been this way in my life.  Even if I try to have a positive attitude.  Like a chemical depression that overrides my spirit.  I think itís wonderful you are helping others and helping yourself, itís a win-win.   :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 12:51:52 am »
Thank you so much, everyone ❤️  I really appreciate your help.  This has me obsessively worrying, yet another thing to worry about.. as if it werenít bad enough.  Iíll try all your recommendations.  I had to skip eating dinner last night, which caused me to have insomnia.  And all Iíve been able to eat today is an apple.  Iíll try smoothies and juice, and if that doesnít work then [...] Iíll give the benefited a shot, luv you.  My doc said too much fiber is bad for me because it seems to be a sluggish ďslow transitioningĒ bowel issue, rather than constipation where thereís hard stool.  So, itís getting stuck in the transcending colon and could create a blockage if too much fiber.  Gosh, itís so confusing.  Thank you again everyone. 

The beets didnít work, nor beet juice. 

I just started supplementing with magnesium again over the past week and wonder if it could be worsening it?  Have already done two mag citrate laxatives prior to starting the supplements, so maybe Iím just worsening things?

❤️ To you all

[...]

PS - Iím making notes of all of your recommendations and will report back when I find a good solution.

Good luck [...]!  ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 12:58:47 am »
Thank you, [...] ❤️💕

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 01:08:51 am »
I'm having terrible problems with this as well.  The only thing that seems to help is magnesium citrate tablets (800-1200 mg.), but I don't feel good about taking that on a regular basis.  Another thing that helps is smoothies where I add a tablespoon of flax seeds and a tablespoon of chia seeds, and drinking tons of water.  I hate drinking water, but it really helps a lot.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 01:19:11 am »
Well, nothing was working and it had been over two weeks.  My doc said to drink another mag citrate and I did, but this time it floored me.  I got very sick and have been recovering th past two days, restoring electrolytes.  Almost went to urgent care for fluids.  Whoa.  Seems there was a blockage so natural rememdiea werenít working?  Wonít be doing that method again!  Also, I noticed magnesium supplements (250mg of Triple Mag) has started to make me feel worse.  Just started taking them during the last two weeks in hopes they would help.  Bummed! 

Hoping that smoothies will work and maybe more of a plant based diet.  I donít get it, I was not this bad during tolerance, CT, tapering K or during crossover.  Just came on all of a sudden. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 10:46:03 am »
Hi Unicorn,

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but have you tried a full keto diet? It's not uncommon to develop a problem with carbs during withdrawal. Some people lose weight on Keto, but if you have a problem with carbs, they may actually be causing you to lose weight. I developed a problem with them a few months in (or I may have had it all along, not sure and I'll never know). When I eat carbs they really amp up my nervous system and definitely exacerbate problems with..er...elimination. Seems it's just because everything tightens up (muscles, smooth muscles, muscles which engage in peristalsis etc.). I never found this out until I tried the full keto, then when I tried to go back to eating carbs I got super amped up. Since then I've improved quite a bit, but haven't gone back to carbs because they still have the same effect on my nervous system and I just do better without them. I've gained about 20lbs since my low point, mostly on keto. Constipation can definitely suppress the appetite and cause weight loss.

It's a very unusual solution that would probably only work if you had a carb problem, but keto has helped quite a few people in withdrawal as far as I can tell. It just depends whether you can manage it or not.

Hope you find a solution soon!

DG

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 12:48:23 pm »
Hi unicorn 77,
Iíve been suffering from constipation for the last year of my taper. Iíve tried almost everything that has been mentioned including some laxatives. I stopped the laxatives because Iím afraid they just make everything worse. Presently Iím taking a teaspoon on psillium with two glasses of water and Iím a bit better but far from normal. Iíll try the smoothie, but the doctor has told me Iím suffering from sluggish colon, which sounds right to me. There are some exercises for this conditioning on YouTube. The constipation got worse after taking an antibiotic for a bug I caught abroad.
Good luck with your taper.