Author Topic: Constipation - How to keep regular??  (Read 1268 times)

[Buddie]

Constipation - How to keep regular??
« on: February 03, 2019, 07:39:14 pm »
Iíve been having problems with constipation in the last month, have already used laxatives (magnesium citrate liquid)  a few times and donít want to rely on them to go.  Also, 3 days into taking magnesium supplement at night, but still not going. What are some healthy alternatives besides exercise, drinking lots of water, lots of veggies?

Not sure if this is a Valium thing or a taper/wd thing...  anyone have feedback and/or suggestions? 

Thanks in advance,

[...] ❤️
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Constipation - How to keep regular??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 07:40:30 pm »
Mine is so bad I now have to take Laxido which I get via GP every day. Nothing else worked.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 01:42:34 am »
I have struggled with this the entire time I have been on the klonopin. I take docusate sodium, which is a stool softener. This is the only thing that can be taken regularly without eventually causing reduced ability fir your body to go back to doing it itself. I keep hoping as I get lower in dose that it will go away. The only other thing it to be sure and get enough fiber in your diet, and drink a ton of water. Use laxativea sparingly if possible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 02:18:40 am »
Thank you for your feedback, [...] and waves.  Iím so sorry you have this troubling physical symptoms, as well.  I agree, taking laxatives regularly is not good because your body gets reliant on them and stops doing itís own work.  But, benzos seem to make it forget how to anyway, uggghhh...  Iím going to try beets tonight and beet juice.  I recalled I used to eat these when Iíd have occasional constipation in the past, so Iíll let you know if it works.  Iíve tried prunes and prune juice... didnít work.  Might try celery juice again, too.  So uncomfortable and seems to affect everything like a domino effect. 

Hope you are both in as much peace as possible, feeling as well as possible and dreaming of life beyond benzos.  We gotta dream big.  Hang in here buddies.

❤️[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:30 am »
I get up every morning and fix a green/fruit shake in the nutri bullet.

I put kale, about a 1/8 apple, couple pieces pinnacle, watercress, 3/4 banana, blueberries,  1/4 carrot, little bit of ginger, a few walnuts, about 1/4 cup of almond milk, and fill it all the way to the top with water. Then I grind it up  in the nutri bullet until its basically water - helps digestion. I do this a couple time a day. I have absolutely no problem going a couple times a day if not more.

This should really help a lot.

If not you can juice some vegetables and fruit as well once a day or something. This should help with stopping the laxatives and also getting nutrients to your body. 

Then thru out the rest of the day I am eating wild rice or sweet potatoes - I eat very little animal protein now - where before I ate quite a bit. I notice now when I eat certain proteins or other food I get sick.

Try making those shakes and see if that helps some.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 08:15:06 am »
I have had a fairly extreme withdrawal, and this was a huge problem in the first few months. I found prune nectar helped. Be careful with the pharma laxatives, they can be dangerous. Also, your body could react to the magnesium laxative and actually make the problem worse. I remember I took some magnesium based laxative and my benzo belly blew up even further. I was really uncomfortable. I believe this is because of magnesium's effect on GABA.

For me, at times I had to just stop consuming food and drink prune juice mixed with water until I went, I was so backed up. I couldn't use anything stronger than that. The other laxatives became dangerous to me at the height of withdrawal.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:30 pm »
I've had terrible problems with this. It's only been recently that it's improved, and I haven't changed anything in my diet other than making more vegetable soups. But it still happens more often than not. Fleet suppositories have helped.

Benzos affect every part of the system.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 09:44:17 pm »
I suffered a pelvic prolapse from all the straining and now have a pessary to hold everything in so have to take a laxative as not able to strain at all.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 09:52:23 pm »
Iíve been having problems with constipation in the last month, have already used laxatives (magnesium citrate liquid)  a few times and donít want to rely on them to go.  Also, 3 days into taking magnesium supplement at night, but still not going. What are some healthy alternatives besides exercise, drinking lots of water, lots of veggies?

Not sure if this is a Valium thing or a taper/wd thing...  anyone have feedback and/or suggestions? 

Thanks in advance,

[...] ❤️

Hey [...],
I use Benefiber , which has prebiotics in it also, and a probiotic.  Usually works pretty well.  You can get both off Amazon.  If you are interested, I will look up the name of the probiotic for you.  Luv you,
[...] ☮️💜🙏

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 11:47:39 pm »
Thank you so much, everyone ❤️  I really appreciate your help.  This has me obsessively worrying, yet another thing to worry about.. as if it werenít bad enough.  Iíll try all your recommendations.  I had to skip eating dinner last night, which caused me to have insomnia.  And all Iíve been able to eat today is an apple.  Iíll try smoothies and juice, and if that doesnít work then [...] Iíll give the benefited a shot, luv you.  My doc said too much fiber is bad for me because it seems to be a sluggish ďslow transitioningĒ bowel issue, rather than constipation where thereís hard stool.  So, itís getting stuck in the transcending colon and could create a blockage if too much fiber.  Gosh, itís so confusing.  Thank you again everyone. 

The beets didnít work, nor beet juice. 

I just started supplementing with magnesium again over the past week and wonder if it could be worsening it?  Have already done two mag citrate laxatives prior to starting the supplements, so maybe Iím just worsening things?

❤️ To you all

[...]

PS - Iím making notes of all of your recommendations and will report back when I find a good solution.