Liquid Taper of 10% anyone gone through w/o HOLDING?

[Ho...]

Has anyone done the 10% Liquid Taper without holding?

10% over what time frame?

10% per week would be a lot different than, say, 10% per month.

10% over 10 months?  That's 1% per month.  A really slow taper.  (and it would take about 8 years to finish  ::) )

You definitely should never need to  hold at that rate.

It is 1/2 mg a month off for each month which will take me off 5 miligrams of Valium in 10 months.  Maybe I have the percentage wrong.  I do 300 mil of Milk Liquid and every day take out 1 mg, next day 2 mg, next day 3 mg......and so on.

It is 1/2 mg a month off for each month which will take me off 5 miligrams of Valium in 10 months.  Maybe I have the percentage wrong.  I do 300 mil of Milk Liquid and every day take out 1 mg, next day 2 mg, next day 3 mg......and so on.

That's 10% per month.  That should be a pretty tolerable taper, and can probably be done with no holds.

(Anytime you need to hold when doing a daily microtaper, it means you are going too fast)

Okay, that comforts me.  My GP told me NO HOLDS on this schedule, or he will CUT ME OFF!  I'm so scared and I have insomnia.  I saw YOUTUBE Videos of ppl trying to taper off Remeron and saying it is as bad as Benzos which is scaring me even more!

Keep teaching me.  I'm so scared.

Okay, that comforts me.  My GP told me NO HOLDS on this schedule, or he will CUT ME OFF!  I'm so scared and I have insomnia.  I saw YOUTUBE Videos of ppl trying to taper off Remeron and saying it is as bad as Benzos which is scaring me even more!

Keep teaching me.  I'm so scared.

I took Remeron 22.5-30mg/day for almost 3 years.  I did a 2 week taper (15mg/7 days. 7.5mg/7days) and stopped.  Zero WD sxs.

You must be a very strong person.  After seeing those Youtube videos, I too scared now to try it even though I thought it might help.

You must be a very strong person.  After seeing those Youtube videos, I too scared now to try it even though I thought it might help.

Like I said on another post, YouTube has spread tons of misinformation, and done significant damage to the tapering community.

My husband says that all the time.  He said a lot of them just want attention.  But I think I'll white knuckle it as much as I possibly can instead of chancing taking a medication that I cannot get off right away and have a reaction to it.  I'd rather play it safe even if I do suffer.

I am now looking for another doctor bcuz my GP is threatening me that if I dare HOLD or anything like that he will CUT ME OFF the Valium.  How can I trust a doctor like that?  So I'm searching for another one.  But I am in a rural area and it's really hard for me to find another one who will help me with this taper.  This is what is on the top list of what I need to do asap.

Builder I’m interested in your taper but can quite work it out ? I’m dry cutting going to switch to liquid at 2mg

Reason I split dose then decided to get rid of the morning one first ?

So 2 mg is 0.174g on my scales so that at night

Morning was 0.065 now is 0.047 removing 0.001 per day as far as I can work out that’s roughly 5 % over 11/14 days

Your taper looks very smooth so was wondering your data kind regards

Hi Ocean -

I am about where you are in my taper, 3mg now of Valium a day. I am going to start a liquid RX Valium micro-taper to make things go smoother. I did have to updose 10 days ago when I dropped to 2.5 from 3 as it was too much, too fast.

We should stay in touch as we are both on similar doses. When do you dose during the day? I tend to dose 3x a day, .5 at 10am, .5 at 4pm then 2mg at midnight - otherwise I feel crappy during the day. I hope I am doing this part right.

Builder is such a help. So is WavesontheShore - both help so many people on here.

Wishing you the best!

Builder I’m interested in your taper but can quite work it out ? I’m dry cutting going to switch to liquid at 2mg

Reason I split dose then decided to get rid of the morning one first ?

So 2 mg is 0.174g on my scales so that at night

Morning was 0.065 now is 0.047 removing 0.001 per day as far as I can work out that’s roughly 5 % over 11/14 days

Your taper looks very smooth so was wondering your data kind regards

Not sure exactly what it is you want to know, but at 2mg, I would siggest this:

Combine 20mgs +40ml solvent (vodka or PG) + 160mls water.  That would give you approx a 10-12 day supply of liquid K, .1mg per ml.  Using an oral syringe(s) you can then easily measure out doses in very small units (easily down to .01mg)

If wanted to cut 5% per 14 days, ...

2mg X .5% = .1mg

.1mg/14 days = .07mg per day reduction

Your schedule would be ...

2mg                20ml

1.93mg            19.3ml

1.86mg            18.6ml

1.79mg            17.9ml

etc....

You would just lower your dose by .7ml (.07mg) each day.

Using a dilute liquid is just a system that allows you accurately measure out much smaller dose units, hundredths, even thousandts or a mg.

Thanks soberhope

Yes definitely please do keep in touch and builder I think I understand more now I am dry cutting at the moment so my measurements are not in milligrams but are in the weight of the tablet when I switch to liquid taper at 2 mg then I can tape it down as you have in your signature that’s why I didn’t understand your measurement compared to mine

Soberhope  I was on 10 mg spread throughout the day which then left me at 6 mg,2morning 2midday and two at night I then got rid of the middle and I then decided to get rid of the morning so it will be better to Cut out the morning dose to which I’m now at .5 almost of the milligram and just the 2 mg at night I will continue to phase-out the morning and then just deal with taking at night as I think dealing with it for a long period during the day and getting used to that was better and getting rid of it at night will work better I hope 🤞

Hey oceandude!

Just fyi, if you want to track your progress dry-cutting in MG drug instead of weight, the math is super simple.

(# mg med in pill) ÷ (# mg weight of whole pill) × (# mg weight of current dose) = (current dose in mg of med)

So:

2 (mg med per pill) ÷ 174 (mg weight of whole pill) × 221 (mg weight of current dose) = 2.54 (mg med)

So your current total daily dose is 2.54mg v.

And your next 2 week reduction if you continue reducing 1 mg weight per day will be 6.3%. Very reasonable. :)

wavesotheshore you are a legend ! many thanks for that as i may continue to dry cut as im not fussed on method as long as i get to the goal. my doctor offered liquid but we both agreed might as well wait till im at 2mg at night only then drip from there if id like or continue to DC

mant thanks