Protracted Klonopin withdrawal

[Si...]

Good afternoon to all benzobuddies. I am 25 years old. I write this from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Mostar. I wanted to talk about benzo withdrawal I'm going through. I used klonopin in form of 2mg for aproximately 4 years and cold turkeyed in July 2016 from high dosages. I am still in protracted withdrawal and have a lot of symptoms. In the last year and a half maybe or two years on klonopin, I began to use high doses and was also for brief periods polydrugged by doctors with various others drugs and was mixing them all together, but quickly got off them. I was off benzos for last 2 years and 6,7 months. Recently my simptoms worsened and I was put in psychiatric clinic because I could not sleep and had probably some reaction to something (like stress of people who does not understand my way of recovery of benzos, like my all family members and close friends, except my sister who understands and is supportive, but she could not understand complex of situation.), just and symptoms worsened. They put me back on benzo and one other medicine, olanzapine I think. Before that i was 30 months off. I wanted to ask and discuss with all of you and see your opinion about this and my recovery and know more about this all. Originally i meant to write this as an e-mail to Dr. Ashton but found out she's retired and doesn't respond to benzo-related mails  anymore. Also I wanted to ask if this now what they put me on (benzo-valium), currently here will prolong or interrupt my whole recovery, is it going to revert me to the acute state of withdrawal or what. I got off hospital and I am home now but still on valium 5 mg and olanzapine 10 mg at night for sleep. So, what do you people think about this all, should I stop taking this, will withdrawal symptoms revert to acute state or what, is withdrawal interrupted. I believe I was in stage 3, sensitivity stage but also maybe with one foot still in stage 2 and now I don't know what to expect and think. I hope for support and acknowledgement. Thank you.

Oh what a mess benzos have done to you. Me too. I am so sorry.

Putting you on Valium is perhaps the best choice, as it is long acting and most benzo wise doctors use it to wean people off. You need to get help designing your taper off it. Dr Ashton no longer is practicing, but there are other benzo wise people out there. Baylissa is one. Just GOOGLE her name and you will find her. She does reply to emails. And phone calls, bless her heart.

You can also design your taper yourself and many people before you have done this. You sound rational and intelligent, so this might be a good thing for you to do. Assistance with tapers can be found here on BB and on other websites. I sure cannot help you. I was forced to go cold turkey off huge doses of two benzos and two ADs. I NEEDED to be forced to and do not hold any anger at the doctor who did this.

Just keep on going, and believe most of what you read here. This site is full of wonderful people ibn similar situations.

east

Thank you a lot for your reply and support. I sent her e-mail and explaned whole situation. I'm sorry benzos did mess up you too. How are you now, are you free/recovered?

Hello

I have also experienced a setback recently and don't know what to do. Psychiatrist gave me olanzapine as well but after researching it on the internet I decided not to take it. Maybe you could try some less potent drugs, such as ADs. But that's just my opinion. I'd generally advise to stay away from everything but I know it's not always possible. I realize people around don't understand what's going on and situation only get worse because of it. Hope things get better for you and the doctors will help.

Wow. I feel for you. 3 years off then you get back on. How long have you been back on? If i were in your shoes, I would look at your recent valium use as “rescue doses” and do a very quick mini taper to get off the valium and continue your klonopin wd. You apparently hit a bad wave at close to the three year mark and instead of riding it out you reinstated. If your current valium use hasnt been for many days it may not effect your klonopin wd to much. But if you continue the valium use then you will need to start all over again meaning the 3 years you did have under your belt were all for nothing. You and I have a very similar usage history and i have incurred thise bad waves as well but they do dissipate. Whatever you do i wish you well friend. Keep pushin!

Hi, I was back on it for about 20 days. But right now, trying to stop valium and didn't take any since wednesday. I was thinking the same way as you described and now I'm hoping I'll be able to continue klonopin wd. I see our history usage is very similar, how are you doing right now? I could send you a pm when I see more how I would feel these days. I also cutted olanzapine to 5mg, so currently just on that at night for sleep. No valium. I just want to continue healing from my klonopin wd. Thank you friend, wish you all the best.