Anybody not getting colds?

[Ma...]

It seems like I never get symptoms of a cold anymore. I haven't tried to get one but I may try as soon as the time is right because I read that if your immune system is compromised by something and it is suppressed you may not feel like you have a cold even though you do. My body temperature is about 1 degree lower than it used to be as well I think before all this. I suspect the cause of this is just being on the meds I'm on. But neurodegenerative diseases like MS, Lyme, Parkinson's, etc are "cold diseases" and after you have had them for a while your body becomes colder, so maybe since these drugs I took mimic these diseases to a certain extent my body is becoming "cold" and not putting up much of a fight anymore. I go in a sauna and take hot baths to combat this. Anybody else?

I haven't had a cold for years. I don't spend a lot of time in closed spaces with people, though, due to benzo symptoms. I wash my hands as soon as I get home. Maybe it's psychological that it helps. Now I'll probably get one just because I said this! Maybe taking good care in eating has helped? I don't know.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't spend time in closed spaces really as well and I'm careful with hand washing. Just because I can't feel a cold I suspect I still may be getting them though. Maybe I am just too worried and concerned but it seems like something may be wrong. I hope that isn't the case. Take care.

Anything in benzo withdrawal can become an intrusive thought that hangs on for dear life and won't let you go. You might get checked out by a doctor, but I know I've been scared of many things that turned out to be nothing. Benzo anxiety can cause this. I don't know if this is what you have, but it could be. I would suddenly think about something, then it would loom up and become very scary. One day I thought I had a leak in my bathroom when I was out walking. I was so terrorized by that thought and wanted to hurry home. It turned out to be nothing, but then my mind went to the next thing, on and on and on until finally the thoughts don't follow me around shouting in my ear day and night. My rational thought has finally entered the picture and is working again. I'm able to disrupt the thought and think of something more pleasant so that when I came back to the thought, it wasn't as terrible as I made it seem. Never was I able to do that earlier in recovery.

I really hope there is nothing wrong with you and that everything is fine!!! :smitten:

P.S. I have to say that health anxiety was the WORST thing I've gone through. Every day I would think something was wrong with me and that I'd end up dead. Seriously. It does fade away, though, bit by bit. So if you have that, just know that it WILL go away. I still have some health anxiety as I've been through a lot, but the mind has a way of tempering the messages I receive now. I can kind of calm down. I'm still healing, so it's going to take more time.

I really think it is just side effects from the current meds I'm on. I'm still on 750mg of gabapentin and 2.2g of phenibut. I have tolerance wd sxs from those as well despite dosing b.i.d. every 12 hours. I'm doing better than I did while tapering benzos I guess but I'm eating a ketogenic diet which I like but at the same time worry if it is sustainable to eat this way for however long I need to finish tapering off those amounts. My body is just burned out and tired, and seems to be running one degree colder than it used to. I recently have been going to a neurologist and I'm getting a brain MRI on the 7th. If something is wrong I will know soon I guess. I'm just assuming it is the meds since I've been using CNS depressants on a consistent bases for about 4 years, I wouldn't be surprised if that it is causing this issue. I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that their body temperatures are colder from being on gabapentin or benzos I guess but it isn't easy to self diagnose something like this. I just took my temperature frequently over these past four years and have a point of reference. I don't want to jump to conclusions or anything but I suspect these meds are suppressing my immune response and lowering my body temp. I'm not a doctor but I play one in my own head I guess.

I really think it is just side effects from the current meds I'm on. I'm still on 750mg of gabapentin and 2.2g of phenibut. I have tolerance wd sxs from those as well despite dosing b.i.d. every 12 hours. I'm doing better than I did while tapering benzos I guess but I'm eating a ketogenic diet which I like but at the same time worry if it is sustainable to eat this way for however long I need to finish tapering off those amounts. My body is just burned out and tired, and seems to be running one degree colder than it used to. I recently have been going to a neurologist and I'm getting a brain MRI on the 7th. If something is wrong I will know soon I guess. I'm just assuming it is the meds since I've been using CNS depressants on a consistent bases for about 4 years, I wouldn't be surprised if that it is causing this issue. I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that their body temperatures are colder from being on gabapentin or benzos I guess but it isn't easy to self diagnose something like this. I just took my temperature frequently over these past four years and have a point of reference. I don't want to jump to conclusions or anything but I suspect these meds are suppressing my immune response and lowering my body temp. I'm not a doctor but I play one in my own head I guess.

I haven't had a cold or flu in years thank God but, my body core is FREEZING all the time! Its 68 degrees inside my house [heat is on due to cold winter] but I'm CONSTANTLY COLD and wear sweatshirts and socks all day, even under a blanket! CNS I guess is jacked up and can't regulate my core temps?

If I were you I wouldn’t worry about catching a cold cause then you need to take antibiotics and it’s going to messed up your body and nerves even more

In the beginning of a withrawal I catch a cold I was sick for 3 months and after that I’ve had multiple yeast infection and bv i has to go on antibiotics and yeast medication for months until it did go away I haven’t had any of this for a year now I am positive that it was a symptoms of withrawal because it really does effect the immune system but it’s like other symptoms going to fade away so take care of yourself and avoid a cold situation as much as possible

;)