Titration Taper 0.25mg of Klonopin (clonazepam)

[Ho...]

What all do I need to do? What all do I need to buy? I'm thinking about starting with removing one milliliter a night and seeing how that goes. If I find that it's to much then I will be slowing down. That would be 14 milliliter a week. I haven't found any help at the local drug stores. I figure that I will have to buy the tools online. Please help!! I am a complete novice and am so lost! I don't know what tools to buy or where to buy them at!! I figured getting two or three cups. One to put the whole dose in, another to spilt it in half and another to put the removed part in so not to waste any. How big do these cups need to be? 100 milliliter cup?? I need help and advice!!

You are tapering from 0.25 MG klonopin daily? Is that correct? And you only dose once at night? Do you use 0.50 MG tablets, 0.25 MG tablets, or 0.125 MG tablets?

Yes, only at night. I get fifteen 0.5mg tablets every 30 days. The doctor said that she tried to prescribe 0.25 back in 2013 but that they didn't carry them anymore!!?? I have been on this dose since 2013 and to be honest it's really hard!! I do take L-Theanine often, Full Spectrum CBD, Phramagaba occasionally and on a rare occasion a blood pressure med called Clonidine. I only take the Clonidine if I must get to get sleep because I don't want to get hooked on them too and they lose their sedation effect if I take them more than two nights in a row.

I am forty three years old. I was prescribed Xanax for the first time when I was eighteen years old for anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive thinking(OCD) and INSOMNIA. I was prescribed Xanax and Luvox back many a years ago now, like I said before, at the age of eighteen. Well... Luvox, like just about every other SSRI/Antidepressant, was horrible and made me feel really bad! Antidepressants always make me feel like I have balance issues, give me hot flashes, insomnia, racing-intrusive thoughts, funny taste in my mouth for no reason, pounding heart, increased depression and insomnia. At best they just make me feel tried all day, increase my depression and make me feel numb to/about life. I really hate them!!

Trazadone, which I take 100mg's a night, is about the only one that I have ever really tolerated and I really wish that I wasn't on it to be completely honest about it. Well... First thing first... I'm ok with the Trazadone for now, although I have been taking it every night since either 2012 or 2013, it's not what I want off the most.

Benzodiazepines... That is what is what I want/need out of my life THE MOST!! I'm currently on a low dose of Klonopin (Clonazepam) I get fifteen 0.5mg's every thirty days and I split them in half taking 0.25mg's a night and have ever night since 2013. I want to titration taper and need help. My benzo story goes as follows... From the age of eighteenth up until the year 2010 I was able to make a script of 30 one mg Xanax with only one refill last for around a year. I ONLY took them for INSOMNIA!! If I slept I could handle the daytime anxiety!!

Well... Back in 2010 I got a first shift job and what had already been a major part of my life and for many years at that point I might add now becomes a full fledged addiction/dependency!! I was not used to first shift hours and I took a Xanax every night!! At first I didn't on the weekends but it got to the point where I didn't sleep on the weekends too!! So, therefore, it quickly becomes a every night thing!! Well, as short half-life benzo's often do, 1mg a night suddenly isn't working as well. I go to the doctor and ask for more and they said that they can't give me more than 30 a month.

Well... I found a doctor that would I did!! I ended up finding a doctor that was prescribing me 6mg's of Xanax a day!!! The truth to the matter is I have NEVER taken 6mg's in a days/nights time but before it was all said and done I was taking 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 mg's everynight!! Well, in January of 2012 I had to find a new doctor because the one that was over-prescribing me lost their license. Apparently, I wasn't the only one they was pill happy with. Well, the new doctor said that I was addicted and needed to go to detox.

Well... I first tried to cold turkey and after a lifetime of battling anxiety I went through a new understanding of what anxiety actually is all about!! I found help on the internet and came to the understanding that a slow tapper is the way to come off of these things. Well... The next problem was I ran into to two types of doctors. The doctors that was like your an addict and need to go detox or the doctors that was like you have anxiety and need to stay on them!!

Finding a benzo wise doctor was impossible for me in the part of Indiana that I live. So, therefore, getting switched to kloninpin was the best and ONLY option that I had!! I did the tapper myself and I went to fast!! It really was hellish!! So... I'm here now because my doctor says that my 0.25 is safe jumping point and I know from what I've read and have already experienced that it SO is NOT!! How do I get the rest of the way off of these? Is removing one milaleter a night safe? Is that too fast? How do I titrate? What all do I need to buy??? How do I do this? Please and thank you for all the hel

Technically, I am NOT tapering at all right now!! But... I WANT TO and just don't know how?? I'm not stupid, lol. But, I don't really get the math and I don't know what to buy or where to buy it from? The local drugs stores couldn't help me, nor did they seem to have what I'm needing.

I'm gathering that I'll need at least a couple of fifty milliliter containers and at least a fifty milliliter syringe. Right? It also sounds like I'll need to use milk instead of water. Correct?? Man I could sure use some help!! Please and thank you!! With sugar on top.

I don't want to waste what I remove, so, therefore, I need two at least three containers. I figure 50 or hundred milleter containers and a 50 or 100 millilter syringe. Correct?? I'm going to Bloomington on Monday because the town that I live in doesn't have what I need!! Do I have this right?? One milliliter = millagram? Right?? Man, I would so LOVE some help/advice. Pretty please with tons of sugar on top!!

1 milliliter is meaningless unless we know the concentration (ratio) of your liquid.  It might be 1mg=1ml, 1mg=10mp 1mg-100ml, or any other ratio.

If you are creating your own liquid, then you are the one who determines that ratio.

So if I have this correct. 0.25mg's = 25ml's. Right? I have 0.25mg kpin that spit in half. Well if dissolve the whole pill into milk it gives me 50ml's. Correct? Meaning two 0.25 doses. Correct? I'm really confused but I think that I'm getting it!!??

I meant that I have 0.5mg's tablets not 0.25 tablets. Meaning one of my pills equals two doses dissolved in milk. Correct? Right not all I do is split the 0.5's in half and that is my nightly dose. I get 15 0.5's every 30 days.

So if I have this correct. 0.25mg's = 25ml's. Right?

Yes, if your mix is 1mg=100ml.

I have 0.25mg kpin that spit in half. Well if dissolve the whole pill into milk it gives me 50ml's. Correct? Meaning two 0.25 doses. Correct? I'm really confused but I think that I'm getting it!!??

I went to a pharmacy and had them prepare a liquid suspension to get me from 0.75mg where I dry cut to to I am at 0.204mg left to go and its getting harder as I get lower.

Purple