Question about using liquid titration, I have 5mg valium pills

[To...]

Hello All

I have the 5 mg valium tablets, and lowering my dose slowly is a little tricky. For a liquid titration method could I do something as simple as just crushing one 5mg tablet into a 50ml beaker, and then use a syringe to extract the dose I need? For example, if I diluted 5 mg into the 50ml of water, and I wanted to use 4mg, could I just extract 40 ml with the syringe and take that? That scenario would reduce my dose by 1 mg if my thinking is correct. Could it be that simple?

I like the idea of being able to make accurate reductions, and smaller ones as I taper down, just not sure I've got the titration thing figured out correctly. Could any of you tell me if the method I've described is correct? Thanks!

Tom

I also just read a post in the titration thread recommending a 100ml beaker because reductions could be made more incrementally using percentages. This seems to make sense to me. It also recommended using milk. I will continue to search the boards for more answers, but still appreciate any input on if I'm going at this correctly. Big thanks -

Tom

Hello All

I have the 5 mg valium tablets, and lowering my dose slowly is a little tricky. For a liquid titration method could I do something as simple as just crushing one 5mg tablet into a 50ml beaker, and then use a syringe to extract the dose I need? For example, if I diluted 5 mg into the 50ml of water, and I wanted to use 4mg, could I just extract 40 ml with the syringe and take that? That scenario would reduce my dose by 1 mg if my thinking is correct. Could it be that simple?

I like the idea of being able to make accurate reductions, and smaller ones as I taper down, just not sure I've got the titration thing figured out correctly. Could any of you tell me if the method I've described is correct? Thanks!

Tom

Your procedure and calculations are correct except...Valium (and other common benzos) is NOT WATER-SOLUBLE!  (I know, you saw on YouTube  ;) )

You need to dissolve the V in  a tiny  amount of solvent (vodka or propylene glycol), then it can be diluted to proportions you mentioned.

If your current dose is 5mg, here's the procedure:

Combine 50mg + 100ml solvent + 400ml water.  That gives you 500ml (approx 10-12 days supply) of .1mg per ml solution. (It does not need to be crushed; V is highly soluble in either of those solvents)

Make a schedule of daily doses, gradually reducing, and just drink the scheduled amount each day.  For example, a 10%/14 day taper would be:

5mg              50ml

4.965mg        49.65ml

4.93mg          49.3ml

4.895mg        48.95ml

etc...  just lower your dose by .35ml (.035mg) each day.

That's an example.  You can choose whatever taper rate you think will work, and just follow the same procedure.

Thanks Builder

I hadn't thought about mixing up doses for multiple days. Do you need to keep it in the fridge in that scenario? Sorry if that's a dumb question. When I've clicked on youtube links they are not working for some reason. Thanks for all the help, you should be paid for this : )

Thanks Builder

I hadn't thought about mixing up doses for multiple days. Do you need to keep it in the fridge in that scenario? Sorry if that's a dumb question. When I've clicked on youtube links they are not working for some reason. Thanks for all the help, you should be paid for this : )

No its not a dumb question. Your solution should be stored at room temp, in a covered glass jar.

No loss if you can't access YouTube videos; most are incorrect and unnecessarily complicated.  Most of mistakes people make doing a  liquid taper are mistakes they made on YouTube videos.