Former stripper-turned-drug exec gave doctor lap dance while pitching painkiller

[Fl...]

The average Joe would probably be appalled with the truth about prescription drugs if they knew. Unfortunately it usually takes something like what we have been through to wake people up.

"Brown’s testimony came as part of a federal investigation into whether the conduct of painkiller manufacturers and executives contributed to the nation’s opioid epidemic. Lee, Kapoor, Michael Gurry, Richard Simon and Joseph Rowan face charges of racketeering and fraud in relation to conspiring to bribe doctors to push their powerful painkiller."

Very, very pleased they're now finally going after individual executives and doctors.  IMO, this is the only way to affect change, the individuals won't be nearly so happy to write it off as "the cost of doing business" as do the huge corporations.

Thanks for the share, FG.

"Brown’s testimony came as part of a federal investigation into whether the conduct of painkiller manufacturers and executives contributed to the nation’s opioid epidemic. Lee, Kapoor, Michael Gurry, Richard Simon and Joseph Rowan face charges of racketeering and fraud in relation to conspiring to bribe doctors to push their powerful painkiller."

Very, very pleased they're now finally going after individual executives and doctors.  IMO, this is the only way to affect change, the individuals won't be nearly so happy to write it off as "the cost of doing business" as do the huge corporations.

And the individuals won't be able to say "Oh, I was just following orders" and "oh, I was just doing what I was taught......25 years ago!".

With respect, why did this thread need to be moved from the news section (I wonder)?

Guess it doesn’t matter now, no one can delegitimize any of what all of us here have been trying to say for months and years anymore... too late now, it’s getting splashed all over various news outlets.

Guess we are not all nutty conspiracy theorists, after all.

5 Doctors Are Charged With Taking Kickbacks for Fentanyl Prescriptions

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/nyregion/fentanyl-subsys-drug-kickbacks.html

Wild.  Beyond disgusting!!!  So much for Dollars for Docs, it's a given they'd find a way around that as well.

"The New York indictment offers further evidence that investigators have broadened their inquiry into doctors who were prescribing the drug to patients. Earlier this month, another top prescriber, Jerrold Rosenberg of Rhode Island, was sentenced to more than four years in prison after admitting he took kickbacks from Insys."

Yes!!!  Jail time!  Now we're talking! :thumbsup:

And the individuals won't be able to say "Oh, I was just following orders" and "oh, I was just doing what I was taught......25 years ago!".

They're motivated by greed so there's one very obvious way to demotivate them.

With respect, why did this thread need to be moved from the news section (I wonder)?

Guess it doesn’t matter now, no one can delegitimize any of what all of us here have been trying to say for months and years anymore... too late now, it’s getting splashed all over various news outlets.

Guess we are not all nutty conspiracy theorists, after all.

This thread was moved from the Benzo's in the News simply because "opiates" in the news is not relevant to the topic  :)

This thread was moved from the Benzo's in the News simply because "opiates" in the news is not relevant to the topic  :)

Well then, let's see what does "belong" In the News:

Massachusetts Attorney General Implicates (Sackler) Family Behind Purdue Pharma - posted by Fi Addendum

Family behind Purdue Pharma accused of profiting off opioid crisis - posted by mon pilote

'Hangxiety': why alcohol gives you a hangover and anxiety

This last post was by Colin. Here's a sample of the replies:

Great article Colin! Thanks for posting this.

I found this interesting....

... (quote from article)

will be following... :)

:laugh:

In all the replies I found not one objection to the presence of that post in the News section.

Those examples come from just a very quick scan of the first page of the News section. Anyone who cared to spend the time would find scores of other stories about Big Pharma, alcohol, antidepressants, and other things only indirectly related to benzos, but still of interest to us, and still in the news. 

Just a couple more:

Study, Dec/18: Does pharmacogenetic testing predict antidepressant response...? - posted by Lapis2

StatPearls, Nov/18: Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) Toxicity posted by Lapis2

These stories are about antidepressants, not benzos. They are in the News section. They have not been removed.

I defy anyone to discern the rule being applied here.

Just take it easy here.

We have a small team doing their best to keep the forum organized. Do we get everything right, no, we don't. I don't. Nobody does, we're all human. There is no sense making a huge statement here about this.

I'm moving the thread back to Benzos in the News since the description of the board states:

General news media items about benzodiazepines, other medications, and related subjects.

This forum would not exist without the countless hours put in by our volunteers.  Take a step back now and be polite and respectful please.

pianogirl

How Does the Pharmaceutical Industry Market its Drugs and How Much Does It Spend?  (2012 data)

"Persuading the Prescribers: Pharmaceutical Industry Marketing and its Influence on Physicians and Patients"

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/fact-sheets/2013/11/11/persuading-the-prescribers-pharmaceutical-industry-marketing-and-its-influence-on-physicians-and-patients