Question on liquid Valium and taper - Builder?

[up...]

Hello. I’m down to 4 mg Valium (0.2 K equivalent) after crossing over the beginning of December. This is very close to the Klonopin dose I was on when I had major neurological WD sxs due to my rapid taper from August to October. Rapid is an understatement obviously.

This taper has been way better after I crossed over to the equivalent of 0.5 mg K (10 mg V) to updose/get stable, and then went down.

I’m not interested in torturing myself and backsliding.

Is it possible for me to microtaper daily and go down 10% every 14 days if I use the prescription liquid Valium that is 5mg/ml or is that too difficult given the high concentration?

I’m going to be lucky if I can convince my doctor to prescribe it. But if it’s possible, I’m going to try!

I have time to plan this microtaper since I’m holding at 4 mg for awhile.

Annie

Hello. I’m down to 4 mg Valium (0.2 K equivalent) after crossing over the beginning of December. This is very close to the Klonopin dose I was on when I had major neurological WD sxs due to my rapid taper from August to October. Rapid is an understatement obviously.

This taper has been way better after I crossed over to the equivalent of 0.5 mg K (10 mg V) to updose/get stable, and then went down.

I’m not interested in torturing myself and backsliding.

Is it possible for me to microtaper daily and go down 10% every 14 days if I use the prescription liquid Valium that is 5mg/ml or is that too difficult given the high concentration?

I’m going to be lucky if I can convince my doctor to prescribe it. But if it’s possible, I’m going to try!

I have time to plan this microtaper since I’m holding at 4 mg for awhile.

Annie

Very simple!

1)  Ask your doc for the 5ml=5mg solution instead of the 5mg=1ml concentrate.

Then...

Dilute your 1mg=1ml solution 9:1 with water.  Now its .1mg per ml.*

Dilute enough to last 10-12 days (approx 40ml/mgs)  That  will give you 400ml of dilute solution,.1mg per ml.

4mg  10% = .4mg

.4mg/14 days = ..03mg/day

Your schedule will be:

4mg            40ml

3.97mg      39.7ml

3.94mg      39.4ml

3.91mg      29.1ml

3.88mg      38.8ml

etc....

Just lower your dose by ..3ml (.03mgs) each day.

BTW, the mfgr's instructions for that product will say "Dilute before using..."

* and 2) if your doc won't give you the 5mg=5ml solution, and you get the 5mg=1ml solution, then just dilute that 49:1, then you will still have a dilute solution, .1mg per ml.  Then follow the same schedule.

And just FYI, the 5mg=1ml concentrate is NOT intended to be used full strength.  It is formulated as a concentrate to be be extensively dilluted.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in my progress log but wanted to update here in case it gives anyone hope....

Yay! I just got off the phone with my doctor and once I explained it a couple times, she understood and agreed that the DLMT makes a lot of sense, especially for me. She called the pharmacy and they’re going to order the 5mg/5ml Valium liquid for my prescription. She said the call went very well and the pharmacist completely understood.

She also said it’s her first time prescribing a liquid microtaper but I’m a good patient for this because I’ve done my research and understand what’s best for me.

Feeling understood and grateful. Wow.  :)

She called the pharmacy and they’re going to order the 5mg/5ml Valium liquid for my prescription. She said the call went very well and the pharmacist completely understood.

Just FYI, when I first took my Rx liquid scrip to the pharmacy, the pharmacist knew immediately why I wanted it.

• 2 weeks later...