Question on hopping off a little early

[Ho...]

I have tapered down over the past 7 months or so to .02 mg today and am scheduled to take my last dose Sunday night.  My dlmt has been pretty smooth for the most part.  I do have a bit of anxiety and a little elevated heart rate that has come on over the past day or so.  I kind of feel like I am generating all of this in anticipation of being off.  What I am feeling doesn't feel so much like the benzo withdrawals that I had months ago.  It kind of feels like back in school when I had a big final coming up. 

Anyways I was thinking of possibly just jumping off at .02 instead of riding it all the way down in an attempt to get the psychological aspect of the last does out of the way.  Does the difference between .02 and .007 really mean that much.  Any thoughts, perspectives or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I have tapered down over the past 7 months or so to .02 mg today and am scheduled to take my last dose Sunday night.  My dlmt has been pretty smooth for the most part.  I do have a bit of anxiety and a little elevated heart rate that has come on over the past day or so.  I kind of feel like I am generating all of this in anticipation of being off.  What I am feeling doesn't feel so much like the benzo withdrawals that I had months ago.  It kind of feels like back in school when I had a big final coming up. 

Anyways I was thinking of possibly just jumping off at .02 instead of riding it all the way down in an attempt to get the psychological aspect of the last does out of the way.  Does the difference between .02 and .007 really mean that much.  Any thoughts, perspectives or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I absolutely agree! 

There is no physiological effects from .02mg ativan.  Any effects/dependency at that dose is psychological.

Builder, Thank you for your input and thanks for your advice months ago on how to go about getting to this point!  I guess as there is no more physiological effects I have already walked off and just didn't know it.  Time to make it official!  I'M OFF!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Builder, Thank you for your input and thanks for your advice months ago on how to go about getting to this point!  I guess as there is no more physiological effects I have already walked off and just didn't know it. Time to make it official!  I'M OFF!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Absolutely correct.  Once we reach the point where there is no longer any real effect, we no longer have a physical dependency.