gums receding

[sh...]

Why do our gums recede?

Im paying fortunes at the dentist for constant deep cleanse and still have bleeding gums,

I brush floss etc

Has anyone else noticed an increase in receding gums?

Yup.  I've noticed problems with teeth and gums too.  Not bleeding a lot, though.  I've wondered what is causing it and can only think that it's stress.  When we're in fight or flight, lots of stuff gets shut down for the fight, like digestion and immunity.  Or wondered if it could be a nutritional deficiency - again, I suppose from poor digestion.

BTW - they're putting epinephrine in the numbing shots now when they do work.  I had a crazy reaction to it with heart rate and everything going seriously whacko.  Thought I was going to die in the chair and what a lousy way to go!!!

Since I've jumped and GI issues are starting to straighten out, I've been cautiously adding supplements back and Vit C was one of them.  My dentist also sells oral probiotics - specifically for gum health - that you dissolve in your mouth before bed and that seems to be helping a little too.  And I'm getting a little more faithful with the waterpic.

This is crazy stuff, these benzos.  Glad we're all working our way to freedom.

Thanks for your message. I have bought a water pik but am finding quite hard to control/use. I will persevere with it though. My hygienist said that my immune response is a lot more than most hence the bleeding gums.

She was a bit concerned about tooth loss ie my two front teeth

I burst into tears with the hygensit only beacuse i felt so worn down by it all today

thanks

shania

Oh, I'm so sorry.  That's tough.  But I never had as many dental problems as while on the Klon.  It just seems to be one thing after another.

On the brighter side....I had problems managing the pic too and ended up cleaning more of my walls and face and floors than my teeth!!  I add some sea salt and a few drops of food grade iodine which seems to be helping (not the type of iodine you buy at the Pharm)  It's JP Crow's iodine that can be used internally as a supplement.

My dentist is very progressive - anti-fluoride (destroys the thyroid) and anti-mercury etc.  Anyway, they have a lot of stuff for sale at their office and many books.  I've bought a few and they have been very enlightening.  A good starting book is 'Cure Tooth Decay' by Ramiel Nagel.  It truly is worth the read.  Hope this all straightens out for you very soon!

Why do our gums recede?

Im paying fortunes at the dentist for constant deep cleanse and still have bleeding gums,

I brush floss etc

Has anyone else noticed an increase in receding gums?

My gums definitely got worse during withdrawal, and oral surgery was discussed as a possibility by the dentist!  But over time, the situation improved enough that that was no longer necessary.  I think withdrawal affects our "weakest" points, at least it did mine, and I'm prone to gum issues.  Now my teath are cleaned three times a year, and that helps.

:smitten:

:smitten:

Hi megan.  Thanks for reporting back that the situation improved.  A little encouragement goes a long way around this neck of the woods!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sam - Yes!  Especially Vit K.  Gum stuff seems to want something more...  Fermented cod liver oil seems to be helping overall with body inflammation and healing the sx in general - which of course is helping the gums.  Have been able to add back some probiotics - slowly.

Oil pulling - I think it helps, it's can be an obnoxious protocol to do faithfully but when I can do several days in a row I notice a difference.  You know - those days when I'm more functional.

BTW - about Vit K - The same company (Green Pastures) that makes the nice cod liver also Vit K rich butter oil.  I'm trying to stick to as food grade as possible.

Was just thinking as I post here...how many hidden blessings are coming out of all this...Never probably would have understood this stuff as thoroughly as I do now and all because my @ was on fire  :)   

I had to have 3 new crowns made due to gum recession and decay under one old crown(odd it only happened where I had crowns). I have no idea why this happens but coming off a benzo can mess with our teeth and gums. I had my routine dental cleaning the month before I c/t and my teeth and gums were flawless. My dentist could not believe the change in just two months.

We all know benzos mess with the digestive tract and it just dawned on me that the gums/teeth are part of the GI tract too.  As are sinuses probably.  I noticed a lot of posts about sinus issues.  I had weird stuff going on with sinus for a while.  Still a little.

Hi Fran!!!  Yeah.  Doesn't take long for the benzos to get down and dirty trashing everything!  Never ceases to amaze me.  But it's turning around...

• 4 weeks later...