Electric current in my body...will it ever go away? Common symptom

[b4...]

[b4...]
I have this electric current/vibe in my whole body 24/7. It is pure hell and it stops me from going out. Relax too. Looks like this is my long lasting symptom. Had it for 12 months now. Will it ever go away? Is this a symptom that stays until the w/d is complete?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pi...]

• [...]

• [bl...]

• [Ho...]

I had electric shocks in early WD that lasted six months off and on.  It wasn't constant so I'm not sure we are talking about the same problem.  I haven't heard anyone else say they have had this constantly.

[b4...]

I had electric shocks in early WD that lasted six months off and on.  It wasn't constant so I'm not sure we are talking about the same problem.  I haven't heard anyone else say they have had this constantly.

I think it is a common symptom I have read in Asthons manual she also describe this inner tremor or electric feeling thru the whole body. But no time frame.. I wonder if this is gonna be there until the w/d is done?..I've got it in month 3 and it is still there. All the time. Even in my head and face throat all over. It is brutal! :-[

Does it feel like pins and needles also or just the electric current? I get a combo of both but more like pins and needles. It is painful sometimes. When I am anxious it gets worse. I get it on my head and feet mostly. But I also felt it all over for awhile. I think it will lessen for you. Mine is still with me and I am almost at month 4 of jumping. But it is not as severe as it was.

Hope your will lessen for you soon.

Eliza

Yes, this is a hallmark benzo withdrawal symptom.  I had it daily for about a year and off and on, but not daily, for months after that.  At some point it stopped completely, several years ago now.  It didnt really scare me though, since I'd withdrawn before and knew it was temporary.

I've been looking around for a while for someone posting something similar about the electric current. I too am experiencing exactly what you are talking about and I'm 12 months off as well. The constant and relentless nature of it is beyond words of how horrible it is and is hard for people who don't have it to grasp. Its like violent tingling vibrating muscle tension stinging and aching put together. I have it in my head and face along with my legs. Does it get better for you if you move the affected body part? For me it gets better actually when I use the muscles around the sensation like walking and its the worst when resting completely.

[b4...]

I've been looking around for a while for someone posting something similar about the electric current. I too am experiencing exactly what you are talking about and I'm 12 months off as well. The constant and relentless nature of it is beyond words of how horrible it is and is hard for people who don't have it to grasp. Its like violent tingling vibrating muscle tension stinging and aching put together. I have it in my head and face along with my legs. Does it get better for you if you move the affected body part? For me it gets better actually when I use the muscles around the sensation like walking and its the worst when resting completely.

If I walk it feels less or not at all. I have it right now in my whole body. Sometimes it also cause pain in my legs. Sometimes it is around my heart only. It is torture. It stops me from going out. If i sit in my sofa it is worse. It can be in my face too throat brain. My private parts aswell. I have had it since month 3 off. And I am 15 months off now. In june it suddenly stopped for weeks but it came back. It can also feel diffrent. Sometimes like inner vibes. Other times like a current from toe to head thru my body. Sometimes shaking. And it can be more or less intense. But I have it ALL the time...

It is not like needles and pins this is much much worse. It makes me wanna scream because it is torture and it never stops... :sick::tickedoff:

[b4...]

Does it feel like pins and needles also or just the electric current? I get a combo of both but more like pins and needles. It is painful sometimes. When I am anxious it gets worse. I get it on my head and feet mostly. But I also felt it all over for awhile. I think it will lessen for you. Mine is still with me and I am almost at month 4 of jumping. But it is not as severe as it was.

Hope your will lessen for you soon.

Eliza

No not really like needles and pins. More like a inner vibe tremor shaking electric buzz/current. It can cause pain too in my legs and joints. Today it is like a vibe in my muscles and around my heart. It id horrible! :sick:

[b4...]

I've have a WINDOW! No electric current no vibes no tremor no benzo flu . No dp. Just little vision problem. Everything looks sharp. Really sharp. Or is this sharpness dr?? Just very scared and afraid of what might come after this. I started to feel some part of a window last night. A nice break after the brutal wave that started the 14 of december. Hope I will turn that big corner  :smitten:.  i really needed this right now. I even took a 200 meter walk outside in the sunny cold winter. A lot of snow in Sweden 😎

[b4...]

Absolutely classic symtpoms for me. yes! constantly there, this was my barometer for how much i could push myself day to day.

Do you still suffer from this?

Absolutely classic symtpoms for me. yes! constantly there, this was my barometer for how much i could push myself day to day.

90% of time no. And 10 % time very very little that i dont notice it.

[b4...]

When did it fade away for you? 😊

I've have a WINDOW! No electric current no vibes no tremor no benzo flu . No dp. Just little vision problem. Everything looks sharp. Really sharp. Or is this sharpness dr?? Just very scared and afraid of what might come after this. I started to feel some part of a window last night. A nice break after the brutal wave that started the 14 of december. Hope I will turn that big corner... :smitten:  i really needed this right now. I even took a 200 meter walk outside in the sunny cold winter. A lot of snow in Sweden 😎

Wow everyone around 10-14 month's or living in winter season are in acute waves. Cant be coincidence just can't be so much people at one time (including me too). Very happy for you Sundance!  :thumbsup:

[b4...]

I've have a WINDOW! No electric current no vibes no tremor no benzo flu . No dp. Just little vision problem. Everything looks sharp. Really sharp. Or is this sharpness dr?? Just very scared and afraid of what might come after this. I started to feel some part of a window last night. A nice break after the brutal wave that started the 14 of december. Hope I will turn that big corner... :smitten:  i really needed this right now. I even took a 200 meter walk outside in the sunny cold winter. A lot of snow in Sweden 😎

Wow everyone around 10-14 month's or living in winter season are in acute waves. Cant be coincidence just can't be so much people at one time (including me too). Very happy for you Sundance!  :thumbsup:

The window....I guess it is over for today... :tickedoff:

It was amazing though  :angel: Now I start to feel bad again. My w/d tend to peak around 2-3 pm and peak until 9 pm

When did your electric crap stopped being hellish?

Have you had this extreme sharp vision?

I have 13 months off medication and from the third month those electric currents began and a strong anxiety that the first two months had not had. Today I still have the days that I sleep better I have much more electric current than the days I rest worse as my body is or my mind is rather muted and not so anxious is not so alert but like others I have become accustomed to live with this waiting for some day to stop I took a small amount of Valium but I see that it affected me a lot

[b4...]
And after a nice window for a few hours it ends with a big bang. I feel horrible. So sick. My inner tremor hurts so bad in my legs and arms, my back and shoulder it also cause hot burning sensation in arms and feet. When I feel like this I get this intrusive ocd thoughts of fear and terror just wanna disappear! I am so SICK and tired of this brutal wave. It almost kills me! I am afraid if death and this wave feeds my ocd terror thoughts about me goes nuts....how do I survive this day? When enough is enough  :tickedoff::-X

sorry to hear your window didn't hold up. around month 19 my 'hypersensitivity' feeling (could feel everything from heart beats to breathing to ants scaring me etc) and the 'buzzing' electrical energy lifted together, they were the two biggest constant symptoms that always reminded my that there was always something wrong because they didnt come and go. Sorry to hear about the thoughts, I can relate to that tortured feeling, right now I have been waking at 6am with racing angry thoughts for 3 days in a row (really weird). Eventually these symptoms will fade until they become really annoying but not soul crushing so just hang in there. you are totally right though, enough is enough

[b4...]

sorry to hear your window didn't hold up. around month 19 my 'hypersensitivity' feeling (could feel everything from heart beats to breathing to ants scaring me etc) and the 'buzzing' electrical energy lifted together, they were the two biggest constant symptoms that always reminded my that there was always something wrong because they didnt come and go. Sorry to hear about the thoughts, I can relate to that tortured feeling, right now I have been waking at 6am with racing angry thoughts for 3 days in a row (really weird). Eventually these symptoms will fade until they become really annoying but not soul crushing so just hang in there. you are totally right though, enough is enough

It is hell today too. I hope this will fade away soon. It is really hard to just make it thru the day. And oh yes I am afraid of everthing. I cant even talk in the phone because it is so scary. It trigger my w/d too because of the stress my fear and terror give me. BUT I have episodes of windows every day this last weeks even if they dont last long. For a week ago I had none  :angel:

Omg this is happening to me right now. It's awful! Electric current/burning sensation all over my body. It's on the bottom of my feet, on the top of my head, in my bladder and chest area mostly, but it can travel to other places at times. I also have constant increased heart rate, dizzy even when lying down with my eyes closed, super sensitive to noises, a constant feeling of "something's wrong", and racing thoughts. It feels like I've been shot with adrenaline. In waking up about an hour after I fall asleep with everything hitting me at once and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Does this sound familiar too? I'm 2 months off a slow taper and I got slammed about 6 weeks after. This is torture. God bless us all.  :'(

[b4...]

Omg this is happening to me right now. It's awful! Electric current/burning sensation all over my body. It's on the bottom of my feet, on the top of my head, in my bladder and chest area mostly, but it can travel to other places at times. I also have constant increased heart rate, dizzy even when lying down with my eyes closed, super sensitive to noises, a constant feeling of "something's wrong", and racing thoughts. It feels like I've been shot with adrenaline. In waking up about an hour after I fall asleep with everything hitting me at once and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Does this sound familiar too? I'm 2 months off a slow taper and I got slammed about 6 weeks after. This is torture. God bless us all.  :'(

I guess w/d can be severe even after a long taper. I feel lke I am going insane and loose it all very often. It is like a intrusive thought in a loop...My electric feeling is like yours often in my chest around my heart. I can have it in my brain mouth throat private parts too. It can cause pain and this burning sensation. I have it right now in my whole body. It comes and go 24/7 sometimes lika a wave or a pulse. Or like an a electric current. Do you also feel pain? I have had this for 12 months now. No rest

Yes it's painful. It's like a burning/tingling feeling, but it gets so severe in pain at times it's almost unbearable. It's in my private area too. Same pain! What in the world is this?? It's brutal. I'm sorry you've been suffering for a year with this crap. I've had others tell me it takes 18 months for the brain to start calming down. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.

[b4...]

Yes it's painful. It's like a burning/tingling feeling, but it gets so severe in pain at times it's almost unbearable. It's in my private area too. Same pain! What in the world is this?? It's brutal. I'm sorry you've been suffering for a year with this crap. I've had others tell me it takes 18 months for the brain to start calming down. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.

Yeaterday I was free from this. First time in my w/d. I had a big window yesterday but today it is back and I have it all over my body. I guess the nerves is going crazy in someways. I am so used to it that I dont remember how it feels to feel "normal". Such a long time ago. But yesterday was ok.

[b4...]
Today I wanna scream! Omg! It is so horrible. I wonder if other people can function with this horrible symptom? It makes me crazy! I wanna go out but I am way to afraid...can you for example Go to the gym? Drive? Shop? I just wonder because I am not function at all  :tickedoff: This is my major symptom. Not many sxs left. If this was gone I would feel almost healed :smitten: