Quick liquid-to-Pill question

[Be...]

Good morning, All!!

I'm going to try to go back to my 1mg pill, after being on (.50 mg pill/.50 mg liquid). If I switch back to 1 mg pill form, will my body freak out? I tried the liquid taper, but I just cant deal with the withdrawal symptoms and work 50+ hours a week.

Thank you

Good morning, All!!

I'm going to try to go back to my 1mg pill, after being on (.50 mg pill/.50 mg liquid). If I switch back to 1 mg pill form, will my body freak out? I tried the liquid taper, but I just cant deal with the withdrawal symptoms and work 50+ hours a week.

Thank you

Probably not.

BenzBenzo - how was the liquid worse for withdrawal symptoms? I am going to switch from 3mg Valium (pills) to liquid to micro-taper...

Hey SoberHope,

I dropped my dose to .50 mg in pill form and .40 mg of liquid, but I started to experience some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. After about two weeks, I increased my liquid to .45, but it didn't make a difference. I just want to be back on

1 mg in pill form, since the liquid is $55 a bottle and I'm still having symptoms. If I didn't have to work, I would have continued the taper.

Good morning, All!!

Thank you

Probably not.

Thank you, Bella!

BenzBenzo - how was the liquid worse for withdrawal symptoms? I am going to switch from 3mg Valium (pills) to liquid to micro-taper...

Hey SoberHope,

I dropped my dose to .50 mg in pill form and .40 mg of liquid, but I started to experience some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. After about two weeks, I increased my liquid to .45, but it didn't make a difference. I just want to be back on

1 mg in pill form, since the liquid is $55 a bottle and I'm still having symptoms. If I didn't have to work, I would have continued the taper.

Question: did you drop from 1 MG to 0.50 MG tab and 0.40 MG liquid in one day? Or did you first switch to 0.50 MG tab and 0.50 MG liquid, hold to check for symptoms, then daily micro taper down to 0.50+0.40?

Just curious to understand what your approach was. Sorry for the setback, every experience teaches you something and I am sure that you will be more successful the next time! :)

Keep us updated!

(FYI if your insurance won't cover the liquid,  you might check and see if they will cover the lower strength pills, which make a dry daily micro taper not only possible but easy. I am using 0.125 MG odt tabs of clonazepam currently.)

Hey SoberHope,

Question: did you drop from 1 MG to 0.50 MG tab and 0.40 MG liquid in one day? Or did you first switch to 0.50 MG tab and 0.50 MG liquid, hold to check for symptoms, then daily micro taper down to 0.50+0.40?

Just curious to understand what your approach was. Sorry for the setback, every experience teaches you something and I am sure that you will be more successful the next time! :)

Keep us updated!

(FYI if your insurance won't cover the liquid,  you might check and see if they will cover the lower strength pills, which make a dry daily micro taper not only possible but easy. I am using 0.125 MG odt tabs of clonazepam currently.)

Hey SoberHope,

I went all liquid at first, then switched to 50/50 pill/liquid, then tapered the liquid down to .40. I checked with my pharmacy, but they don't do the lower strength pills. Do you get your 0.125 tabs from a pharmacy? Also, I spoke to my pharmacist and she said to break the pill in half for two weeks, then break it into quarters for two more weeks, then stop taking it. I laughed at her and she got very upset with me.  :-\

Hey SoberHope,

Keep us updated!

Hey SoberHope,

I went all liquid at first, then switched to 50/50 pill/liquid, then tapered the liquid down to .40. I checked with my pharmacy, but they don't do the lower strength pills. Do you get your 0.125 tabs from a pharmacy? Also, I spoke to my pharmacist and she said to break the pill in half for two weeks, then break it into quarters for two more weeks, then stop taking it. I laughed at her and she got very upset with me.  :-\

Just another ignorant pharmaceutical paid employee.I wonder if all the ingredients in the liquid you get from the pharmacy has something to do with it.That's why I went with vodka as a solvent.All natural.Corn,water,sugar.Plus dont they only make name brand liquid and not generic liquid?That could be a factor too since some people dont do good on brand name.I would,if it was me make your own solution.I'm not bragging,Lord knows that,but I didnt have no issues when I switched to part liquid part pill.If I did it was anxiety about it I created myself.Also you said that you want the 1mg pill back?Wouldn't a 1mg pill have less of the 20% high or low than 2 .5mg pills that generics are allowed.In other words 2 .5mg could have up to 40% either way where as a 1mg can only have 20%?Waves or anyone correct me if I'm wrong on what Im trying to say.Good luck to you on this journey BenzBenzo.

Hey SoberHope,

Keep us updated!

Hey SoberHope,

Just another ignorant pharmaceutical paid employee.I wonder if all the ingredients in the liquid you get from the pharmacy has something to do with it.That's why I went with vodka as a solvent.All natural.Corn,water,sugar.Plus dont they only make name brand liquid and not generic liquid?That could be a factor too since some people dont do good on brand name.I would,if it was me make your own solution.I'm not bragging,Lord knows that,but I didnt have no issues when I switched to part liquid part pill.If I did it was anxiety about it I created myself.Also you said that you want the 1mg pill back?Wouldn't a 1mg pill have less of the 20% high or low than 2 .5mg pills that generics are allowed.In other words 2 .5mg could have up to 40% either way where as a 1mg can only have 20%?Waves or anyone correct me if I'm wrong on what Im trying to say.Good luck to you on this journey BenzBenzo.

The plus or minus 20% per pill is not just a generic thing. That requirement applies to name brand tablets too, to all tablet manufacturers.

The percents do not add. 1 mg plus or minus 20% is the same thing as (2 x 0.5 mg) plus or minus 20%. They are both 0.8 mg to 1.2 mg. Because it's 0.5 mg plus or minus 20% plus 0.5 mg plus or minus 20%. 20% of 0.5 is 0.1. So 0.5 doses are 0.4 to 0.6. Add those together to get 0.8 to 1.2, which is the same as the 1 mg plus or minus 20%.

Hey SoberHope,

Keep us updated!

Hey SoberHope,

I do get them from a pharmacy. I use a Walgreens. They don't  "carry" the pills I use, they have to order them. If you are in the states or the UK, any pharmacy should be able to order them. I imagine they are available elsewhere, too, but I can say for sure about US and UK. If you have multiple pharmacies where you live, you can always switch to a different one. Sounds like your pharmacist is a little out of the loop. :/

I do get them from a pharmacy. I use a Walgreens. They don't  "carry" the pills I use, they have to order them. If you are in the states or the UK, any pharmacy should be able to order them. I imagine they are available elsewhere, too, but I can say for sure about US and UK. If you have multiple pharmacies where you live, you can always switch to a different one. Sounds like your pharmacist is a little out of the loop. :/

Yep, I use CVS. I'm in Virginia, so I'm not sure if they have some sort of specific laws about controlled substances. I'm going to try Walgreens to see if they can do any special orders. I just had another bottle of liquid filled, just in case I need it. Thank you for all of your tips!