Switching Benzos for an easier quicker taper process.

[Ni...]

Question from the veterans in here please and the ones that successfully tapered....I was talking to my pharmacist on the phone about my situation (been on 1-2mg Ativan daily for past two years) then last month switched by E.R doctor to clonazepam 0.5mg per day, so I have been reading numerous threads on this site and from what I read I came to the assumption that Ativan is the worst strongest Benzo followed by clonazepam (both what I currently take). My pharmacist said recommend to Doctor to taper off of the clonazepam because my body isn’t use to it as much (less tolerance built up) so easier to ween compared to the Ativan, does any recommend should I do that? Stay on Ativan to taper? Ask doctor to switch to maybe Valium at low dose and taper from there, brand new Benzo or stay with the one my body has been reliant on and has tolerance for (Ativan)???? Any ideas or suggestions anyone???....this is all relying on my ER trip in three days during my weekly group meeting for stress anxiety. Thanks.

Valium is recommended if you do a benzo substitution as it and it’s active metabolites stay in your system the longest (longer than klonopin). The trick is finding a doctor willing to prescribe it. My recommendation is to print out the Ashton Manual and take it to your doctor (read through it first, make sure that’s the route you want to go).

Here drs. rx valium but it can cause lot of depression.  Some say llibrium...  I dont know.  Wish I had stuck with clonopin and just gone off that.

I am in the process of crossing over from Xanax to Valium So far it has been very positive though I am wary of the sedating effects from Valium and have definitely experienced it to a moderated degree at just 3.g mg No depression for me, and way better inter dose windows

Good luck!