Author Topic: Eye Floaters and blurry sight-cobwebs?  (Read 950 times)

[Buddie]

Eye Floaters and blurry sight-cobwebs?
« on: January 26, 2019, 06:48:28 pm »
Has anyone experienced "eye floaters, or specks and cobwebs" in either eye [or both) while tapering???
Yesterday I starting seeing what I would describe as broken cobwebs and bubble floaters in my right eye out of the blue? This is very concerning to me as something more serious than a Benzo tapering/withdrawal SX. Vision is slightly blurred in the right eye also.
I had a full eye exam/test a year ago and everything was normal other than slight farsightedness [I use standard reading glasses at times.]
I'm going to give it a day or 2 to see if they disappear, or unfortunately make ANOTHER doctors appointment to have my eyes checked for a different condition of "eye floaters/specks" when looking at anything.
ANYONE HAVE FLOATERS as a SX from Benzos and tapering is my main question? Thank you for any input!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Eye Floaters and blurry sight-cobwebs?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:48:01 pm »
Itís a normal withdrawal symptom! I had them and they went away.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:12:16 pm »
Please see a doctor right away about this symptom. Regardless of what anyone else says, this is not a "normal withdrawal symptom". It may commonly occur during withdrawal, but it is not a withdrawal symptom. The bubbles and cobwebs are pieces of the vitreous inside your eye which have come loose from the retina and are floating into your line of sight. The vitreous can deteriorate with age, but a sudden increase in floaters suggests vitreous detachment. This can sometimes be harmless, but because the vitreous lays over the retina, a vitreous detachment can sometimes precede a retinal detachment, and that is something not worth risking. Please call and schedule a retinal exam with an optometrist or ophthalmologist right away.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 07:12:47 pm »
Please see a doctor right away about this symptom. Regardless of what anyone else says, this is not a "normal withdrawal symptom". It may commonly occur during withdrawal, but it is not a withdrawal symptom. The bubbles and cobwebs are pieces of the vitreous inside your eye which have come loose from the retina and are floating into your line of sight. The vitreous can deteriorate with age, but a sudden increase in floaters suggests vitreous detachment. This can sometimes be harmless, but because the vitreous lays over the retina, a vitreous detachment can sometimes precede a retinal detachment, and that is something not worth risking. Please call and schedule a retinal exam with an optometrist or ophthalmologist right away.
Thank you and I agree about seeing the an eye doctor asap!
Just add this to my other weird and random issues this last year of declining health related to all parts of my body and brain!
I've read they can come and go, sometimes lasting up to 6 months to forever! I also have Tinnitus, so I wonder if there's a connection via my CNS? Add stress to more stress. I'm only 57 yrs young!!!
Slowly falling apart and going crazy...

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 06:10:52 pm »
   I had eye floaters and flashing lights when I closed my eyes and turned my eyes left or right after a day doing yardwork in the heat [110 degrees - it gets hot in phoenix but winters sure are beautiful!]   I went to the eye doc and he said it was nothing serious. The symptoms went away after a couple weeks. This all happened few years ago unrelated to the benzos and didn't come back even during the Hideous Withdrawal Affair. Its always a good idea to see the Dr. anyway.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 09:37:42 pm »
Sure, see a dr, but it actually is extremely common in WD. No need to panic.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 06:29:09 am »
[...] it actually is extremely common in WD. No need to panic.

Riley, I understand your worry and frustration. Like you, I've felt I'm falling apart so many times during this process... My floaters were so bad I could not see properly for a while, especially when looking up at the sky - just a greyish blur. The same happened during AD withdrawal.

To reassure you: I agree with [...]. A doctor of Chinese Medicine told me the floaters usually indicate mild liver stress - common in psych-med withdrawal, as the body tries to detoxify.

I used a few herbs to support my liver, just for protection. All the floaters disappeared. And tinnitus is getting less and less as my body heals. Wishing you well, Riley.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:59:42 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 09:53:58 pm »
I ve got a lot of eye floaters once I go through withrawal seeing a doctor is a good idea but floaters is a common symptoms of withrawal along with other eye problems cause benzo effects on muscles and it takes a long time to resolve

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 02:08:09 am »
Riley, have you been in to see a doctor yet?

Please, anyone reading this, if you notice an increase in floaters, this is cause for a visit with an optometrist or ophthalmologist. Please, please do not assume this is harmless or a withdrawal symptom. The ONLY possible cause for floaters is age related vitreous degeneration or damage to the vitreous via trauma to the retina. Floaters are in no way connected to issues with the focusing muscles. One new small floater can be ignored, but a large one, or many new small ones, IS always cause for a doctor's visit. Period.

Please guys, please stop telling people that a medically significant symptom is nothing to worry about. If one of these people ends up with a detachment and permanent vision loss, that will be on you. Allow doctors to do the diagnosing. Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 03:11:30 am »
Riley, have you been in to see a doctor yet?

Please, anyone reading this, if you notice an increase in floaters, this is cause for a visit with an optometrist or ophthalmologist. Please, please do not assume this is harmless or a withdrawal symptom. The ONLY possible cause for floaters is age related vitreous degeneration or damage to the vitreous via trauma to the retina. Floaters are in no way connected to issues with the focusing muscles. One new small floater can be ignored, but a large one, or many new small ones, IS always cause for a doctor's visit. Period.

Please guys, please stop telling people that a medically significant symptom is nothing to worry about. If one of these people ends up with a detachment and permanent vision loss, that will be on you. Allow doctors to do the diagnosing. Thank you.

Ok ok
I have health anxiety
I will go to doctor too since you are saying itís important