How to cope with wakeing/morning anxiety ?

[To...]

I’m wondering how everyone in here copes with the morning and wakeing anxiety ? Whenever I wake up the anxiety & adrenaline are super high,does anyone do anything to help this?

Only found two things that helped.  First - getting off coffee totally.  All I could do beyond that was just 'walk the house' and breathe.  Sort of calm pacing.  Some days a warm shower helped, if I could manage one.  I'd keep reminding myself it was just the benzo and I wasn't going whacko.

Mine was really bad.  Shaking uncontrollably, sweating and freezing at the same time.  Couldn't catch my breath.  Could barely talk because I couldn't breathe.  I would wake up in a total panic attack very early and noticed it would spike to its worst by a certain time of the morning.  When I wasn't nauseous, eating some protein helped.  Some days I would just get back in bed under the electric blanket and pray a lot.

These days it's more of minor sense of unease.  Thank God those days are passed.  They'll pass for you too.

Mornings are always the worst for some reason, no matter how 'good' or bad.  (Good is always a relative term for us, right?)  But it generally is getting much better week to week.

Mornings still make me want to slip into something more comfortable...like a coma.

I have bad morning anxiety always about 4am I try to stay in bed until 5 then I get up and get around feeling like crap I find a morning shower and getting dressed helps I try to have something everyday to do and put God first

Have you heard about tapping for anxiety ? Personally, I have tapped for unkown anxiety as it comes and reduced it . I have tapped on specific memories where the emotion has become supressed but probably caused problems. I have tapped on memories. And the procedure has benn always working for me.

Amanda - I have a friend who is an acupuncturist but.  But I can never remember the sequence!!!  :idiot:  Bought a book on it and just got more confused.  So you're finding it helpful?  Maybe I can find a youtube for it...I'm a visual/kinetic learner.  I'll try your link.

Talking about this just reminded me of another trick for processing things that worked for me.  You take any kind of small ball and toss it from right to left hands.  It's sort of like walking...something about the 'bilateral' of it all that helps process things.

It's really bad in the morning as I get to work, I try to fight it and remain calm, then it revs up to max around 10 a.m. , sometimes I can't concentrate, my heart pounds, feel weak, feel dizzy, shaky, then around lunch I eat and it calms down some.

I have major morning anxiety too, from when i open my eyes and then it slowly gets better. I take a beta blocker if my heart is racing too fast. Usually things cool down as the day goes on. I wish it wasn't as bad as it is though - it's more like a toxic chemical anxiety that I feel in my body.

I try and get up and shower and eat and even go outside and walk around.

Hope it improves for you. You are not alone.

catln - that's when mine used to peak too - 10am.  A lot of people talk about adrenaline surges first thing in the morning.  Guess it's one of the bigger gremlins in recovery.  But it does seem to be the first thing that goes.  I think maybe the body just can't maintain that super high level of anxiety for too long.  At least in my case...other folks may have different experiences.

I was a morning person all my life.  Now this has destroyed all that.  I have been taking Amino Acids in the morning on an empty stomach.  I take L-Carnitine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alaskan Salmon Oil, Probiotics, Quercetin and trying a tiny bit of Phosphatidylserine with DRibose in the Morning.  Then I drink every calming tea I can drink.  Some days are worse than others.  Some mornings the pressure in my head is so bad, I have to get out of bed, even if it's like 2 or 3 or 4 a.m. and get an ice pad to put on either the back of my neck or the temples of my head and I lay there under the elec blanket till I begin to feel a little better and I do the CBT breathing.  Seems the Aminos do help but it's not like it removes the shaking or nervousness, it seems to take the edge off though.  I just started a liquid Milk Taper 2/1/19.  5%.  It's slow but I tried the 10% and it was horrific.  So I had no choice but to go with the 5%. 

I also think it's bcuz I turned 70 last October making tapering harder on me.  I don't look my age so my GP treats me as if I'm younger.  They are all insensitive to any patient's needs, especially the ones they put on BENZOS.  They are so quick to put you on it, then treat you like a mental case when you want off.  Their ignorance has harmed a lot of people.  Now I'm stuck depending on their ignorance. 

It is best to realize that WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.  SO don't go getting all scared bcuz this happened to this one or that one.  They are not YOU.  So just take it one day at a time.  Thank GOD we are all different.  We will heal, and we ARE healing, it's just going to take more time than we planned that's all.  So let's walk this road till we get out of this or this out of us.

I’m wondering how everyone in here copes with the morning and wakeing anxiety ? Whenever I wake up the anxiety & adrenaline are super high,does anyone do anything to help this?

Hey Tommy, I don't have it every morning, but I take a small dose of nadolol every morning,  mine started for migraines, but from just reading benzo Buddy for a year now, I have read quite a few people take a low dose beta blocker to help.  You might do some reading on here and talk to your doctor. 

If you would do your drug signature on your home page, we can get a better picture of your situation.

Good luck, I know that's a horrible feeling, hope you can find something to help.  ☮️💜🙏 Mary