Y’all, I’m worried

[St...]

Did this happen to anyone else? I had surgery and couldn’t get comfortable to sleep in sept 2017. I took an ambien, it worked once, I took a Tylenol pm,

Worked once, took a xanex, worked twice, took a 15 mg restoril and it worked once, 30 mg worked 2

Weeks, then I added amnitriptyline and it worked a week or so, then I added xanex and it worked a day or so, went into tolerant withdrawl fast and felt like I was dying. Stayed up 12

Days then 8 days and had every symptom known to man. I was an exceptional sleeper before this. I slept all the time!! What is wrong with me????

Sounds similar to what happened to me. Some event set off your nervous system in a bad way. Sleep was difficult so they offered you pills. Unfortunately those pills were like gasoline to try and put out a fire. Benzos don't solve insomnia, they exacerbate it due to the surprisingly quick changes they cause to the nervous system. Then going off and on them after a period of time compounds those issues due to the kindling effect.

Rampant insomnia is enough to break anybody but the only way to get back to the old sleep is through this. The nervous system takes a long time to reset back to normal but eventually, if you stay off everything it will.