For the BZmed hypersensitve... better to minimize exposure or long taper?

[An...]

Hello Buddies,

Please be patient with me.  :) I'm trying to figure out why I am so hyper sensitive to ativan. (Just a handful of 0.25 over months tightened my muscles, headaches, neuropathy, vision, hearing issues, weight loss, surges sound and light sensitivity, depression.  i was trying to figure out why i was unwell. Then i took a much more consistently for ten days while starting AD and now trying taper quickly but my body is quickly falling apart. Most of my symptoms are physical. I wonder if Im reacting to the drug itself considering how ill i feel after a dose and all the gastro symptoms)

I understand that tapering is key. But i also see that amount of exposure is important. Where is the balance for someone who is so sensitive to this medication. I believe this drug changes mitochondrial rNa, and is toxic. But i also want to protect my neurons from the sharp drop in PAMMs that can shock the system.

Are other super sensitive short term people people that have been in my shoes? Anyone with fibromyalgia, floxing? Things they would have done differently while tapering? Taken a protective drug or supplement? Got the hell off the drug? tapered it for a year?

I imagine with my experience in the fall that i will experience significant side effects. I know im likely in a world of hurt coming up trying to get all the help I can get.

Thank you

Joanna