One month off, insomnia is strong now

[mh...]

Hello dear friends. I left the klonopin one month ago, but now I'm having issues with the insomnia.

When I go to bed, I really sleep about 4-5 hours later but I don't think I can continue like that. I wake up very tired and very anxious because of the lack of sleep.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to go again with benzos, but this problem is killing me.

How do you guys deal with the insomnia that is caused by the benzo withdrawal? Can you recommend me some supplement, vitamin that could help? Any food maybe? Thanks.  :)

I've found camomille tea to be a natural, non-addictive sleep aid. You can Google it to read about its benefits. It's called "nature's benzo". I highly recommend it. Lord knows, I've tried just about everything.

I also take a few drops of an indica mj from time to time but I don't know if it's legal where you are, and you can buy the tea anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Aloha      I have been tapering for a short time in comparison to the other forum people on this site;  I’m weaning from .50 mg of Xanax    I started taking 5HTP and GABA supplements in a three time daily admin.  So building gaba-building serotonin as I decrease the benzos.    I’m down to 2.5 mg of Valium in less than three months (knock on woood it continues as easily) (knock knock).  Anyway.  I started taking Xanax for sleep 5 years ago after graduating from ambiance and Benadryl and alcohol.    Sleeping changed my life.    Sleeping is key to my success or lack of both.      I have been sleeping through this taper by eating cannabis kookies that I make myself.  Finding the right dose and the right method of ingesting high levels of thc is the key to sleep.  You can go to a local dispensary and inquire on there local favorites for sleep.  Or diy grow to kookie to sleep. 

Cheers

Burnermcgee,,

Here in Hawaii we have legal cannabis for medical use but you can't get a prescription for it just for insomnia. It has been many years since I indulged so I currently do not have any connections to get it illegally. I personally don't want to start taking it anyway because in my youth I did enough to last a lifetime and feel no need to return to that again.

I hope that you continue to not have any serious sleep problems during your taper. Not everyone falls into that deep hole.

I've found chamomile tea to be a natural, non-addictive sleep aid. You can Google it to read about its benefits. It's called "nature's benzo". I highly recommend it. Lord knows, I've tried just about everything.

I also take a few drops of an indica mj from time to time but I don't know if it's legal where you are, and you can buy the tea anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Hello Katz, I tried melatonin about 4 days ago. I think it's a little better, but I still having' trouble with the sleep.

Will try the chamomile tea if is going better.

Aloha      I have been tapering for a short time in comparison to the other forum people on this site;  I’m weaning from .50 mg of Xanax    I started taking 5HTP and GABA supplements in a three time daily admin.  So building gaba-building serotonin as I decrease the benzos.    I’m down to 2.5 mg of Valium in less than three months (knock on woood it continues as easily) (knock knock).  Anyway.  I started taking Xanax for sleep 5 years ago after graduating from ambiance and Benadryl and alcohol.    Sleeping changed my life.    Sleeping is key to my success or lack of both.      I have been sleeping through this taper by eating cannabis kookies that I make myself.  Finding the right dose and the right method of ingesting high levels of thc is the key to sleep.  You can go to a local dispensary and inquire on there local favorites for sleep.  Or diy grow to kookie to sleep. 

Cheers

I've read about GABA and 5HTP before, but since I found mixed opinions about this, I'm a bit afraid if they will produce me secondary effects (like the benzo) or there's nothing to worry about?