Never posted on here. Triumph over anxiety finally! Please read

[La...]

I was prescribed klonopin for severe social anxiety along with depression and an eating disorder when I was 16. I was very out of whack and besides alcohol it was the only thing that could calm down my over firing nervous system. 10 years later and after many failed attempts to get off my depression and memory issues failed me more and more. I started nursing school w hopes to someday help others after my battles with mental health and almost dropped out do to my recent c/t by my clueless doc. Turns out I didn’t need to taper 10% every couple weeks ( I was down to .25 already..klonopin btw). I started the Keto Diet and gave up dairy as well and realized that I have never felt so good in my life and got off Effexor as well! I want to share this bc I have struggled for what seems like forever and the Keto Diet is allowing me to function again and I will go on to be an alternative medicine nurse practitioner someday , helping ppl get off drugs for good!!!! Best of luck to you and please research Keto Diet... life changing. -lauren

Congratulations on your successful recovery. So happy the Keto diet is helping you and I wish I could do it but unfortunately with diabetes and adrenal fatigue it would not be safe for me.

[7f...]

Lauren, thanks for taking the time to post this interesting and inspiring account. I'm so happy to read how diet alone turned things around for you. Although I'm not doing full keto, a very clean anti-inflammatory diet (with keto elements) is really helping me, too, and has enabled me to come off all meds and heal many related issues. (Our histories share several similarities.)

Warm congratulations on your beautiful new drug-free life, and best wishes for your future career - what a worthwhile choice!

I was prescribed klonopin for severe social anxiety along with depression and an eating disorder when I was 16. I was very out of whack and besides alcohol it was the only thing that could calm down my over firing nervous system. 10 years later and after many failed attempts to get off my depression and memory issues failed me more and more. I started nursing school w hopes to someday help others after my battles with mental health and almost dropped out do to my recent c/t by my clueless doc. Turns out I didn’t need to taper 10% every couple weeks ( I was down to .25 already..klonopin btw). I started the Keto Diet and gave up dairy as well and realized that I have never felt so good in my life and got off Effexor as well! I want to share this bc I have struggled for what seems like forever and the Keto Diet is allowing me to function again and I will go on to be an alternative medicine nurse practitioner someday , helping ppl get off drugs for good!!!! Best of luck to you and please research Keto Diet... life changing. -lauren

I'm glad this worked for you.  How long have you been off benzos?

Congrats on your recovery and putting in the effort to find the diet that worked for you.  I'm sure your experience will even make you a better nurse.