What happens at 3, 7 and 9 months off, and why?

[...]

I was just thinking how often we hear from people having a return of sxs at, say, 3, 6 and 9 months off benzos and then healing between the 12th and 18th month.  What is it that happens at those 3, 6 and 9 month marks that causes the waves?  It seems a pretty common phenomenon, but has there been any research or theories as to what is going on at those particular times?  It just sees weird that it wouldn't be more random among individuals.  Thanks, ~~mbr

I just wish when people say s/x they say what they are because I know the hell of panic and fear and there is nothing worse than that to me. I can live with all the small stuff.

I just wish when people say s/x they say what they are because I know the hell of panic and fear and there is nothing worse than that to me. I can live with all the small stuff.

Sundazed, I couldn't have said it better myself.  I live with daily huge panic and crippling fear.  Have through my entire taper.  Klon really has a terrible grip on my poor brain.  Do you feel this all the time?  You're still tapering, right?  Best, ~~mbr

I felt fear the whole time, it was one of my worst symptoms.  I didn't even know what I was afraid of, but it had my stomach in knots.  I see a lot of people are afraid they've got some incurable illness, but I couldn't put a face to my fear like that, it was just there.

I don't think the waxing and waning of symptoms can be logged in terms of months, I think it's just when people notice things, I think it's totally random.

I felt fear the whole time, it was one of my worst symptoms.  I didn't even know what I was afraid of, but it had my stomach in knots.  I see a lot of people are afraid they've got some incurable illness, but I couldn't put a face to my fear like that, it was just there.

I don't think the waxing and waning of symptoms can be logged in terms of months, I think it's just when people notice things, I think it's totally random.

Pam, thanks for sharing re fear.  I can feel it rising and adrenaline surging when I look at, or think about, the most neutral things.  When that happens, my fear just rises above my normally HIGH level that is there all the time.  But, once again, it amazes me that I can feel so awful all the time---as awful as you who c/t'd.  Sometimes I think I should just dump the rest and see what happens.  Then I get second thoughts.

As for the months that sxs return, yeah, I thought it was probably random..    L., ~~mbr

Sundazed, I couldn't have said it better myself.  I live with daily huge panic and crippling fear.  Have through my entire taper.  Klon really has a terrible grip on my poor brain.  Do you feel this all the time?  You're still tapering, right?  Best, ~~mbr

no I don't feel this all the time but they come - I went for a year without a single panic, now I have them once every blue moon.

I am still taking the benzo,I have no idea what the future will be like without it.

My anxiety has decreased as my taper went on (thank goodness)... It only comes back after I taper for a while and begin to crash.  I think that means I have surpassed my bodys ability to repair my gaba receptor's functionality.  I hate the anxiety the most... I can deal with anything ELSE.  I guess that is why I am tapering so slow...I am chicken to go any faster!

Mimi

I had the fear before I even started tapering the Ativan. It was about the only symptom I had during that time. I remember I was so scared of everything, even taking a shower or getting up out of my chair too fast. I would try to become desensitized to my car so I could start driving again. I would get ready, and then as soon as I opened the garage door I would start shaking. I had to do this over and over before I could be calm enough to even sit in my car LOL. I look back and I can't imagine how I could have been so scared and now when I drive I don't even think about it.

I have seen people get hit at various points post benzos and there seems to be no rhyme or reason, other than the healing is simply not linear.

As far as taking 12 to 18 months to heal....if you refering to protracted withdrawal....about 10 percent of people go through this.....so..of course..most people are going to be healed by this point....don't scare yourself into thinking this is going to be you..:)

I wouldn't read too much into those particiular time periods..some people are totally healed at 3 months..others at six months....some take a while longer....the most important thing is we all heal...and I bet we all agree that we wish it would be sooner...rather than than later...

Speedy healing to you all...:)

TC

I have seen people get hit at various points post benzos and there seems to be no rhyme or reason, other than the healing is simply not linear.

As far as taking 12 to 18 months to heal....if you refering to protracted withdrawal....about 10 percent of people go through this.....so..of course..most people are going to be healed by this point....don't scare yourself into thinking this is going to be you..:)

I wouldn't read too much into those particiular time periods..some people are totally healed at 3 months..others at six months....some take a while longer....the most important thing is we all heal...and I bet we all agree that we wish it would be sooner...rather than than later...

Speedy healing to you all...:)

TC

Thanks, TC, for that encouraging reply. Yes, let's hope we all heal sooner rather than later...  L., ~~mbr

MBR,

We all have paid our dues for sure..we all deserve that 100 percent feeling :)

TC

Yes, and I second that emotion.  L., ~~mbr