Bromazepam withdrawal

[Ri...]

was using Lexotanil starting from oct. 20. 2018 until Jan 2. I used it only when I had panic attacks and maybe sometimes I used it for better sleep. Twice, or three times a week. When I used it, I usually took about 1.5mgs. When I  had heavier panic attacks, I used 3mg or 4.5. This might have happened once. Then I started experiencing derealization and thought I am going crazy, since panic attacks are fairly new to me, I thought something was wrong with my brain. But i was experiencing withdrawals already then, just didnt realize it.  Then I stopped drinking my depressants, which were very mild and didn't really help me anyway with my panic attacks.

On Jan 2. I realized it was Lexotanil. 4 days before I drank it each morning and night by 0.75mg. Then went cold turkey. Over that period, since october I drank about 70 - 90mgs. Not sure.  First 14 days were hell. Depression. Anxiety. Three days ago started socializing more. Now only experiencing derealization and depersonalization. Constant thoughts about reallity. Everything seems fake. Hard to concentrate on the road while driving, if in unfamilliar areas. Does this go away?

I had this problem before, last year, I believe, but then I abused the drug. I also went CT and experienced withdrawals, but I forgot completely how I got over them.

Right now using CBD oil for this. Any tips?

Sorry for double posting, but wanted to add this too. Experienced derealization starting from december 7th (approx, not sure). Felt weird week before, used alcohol twice, or three times. Didnt use drug those days. Didnt notice anything that crazy though. Suddenly woke up one morning really confused. Thats when I noticed it that it started. Then, december 20 untill now - woke up everyday not knowing why. Confused and doubting reality.  Each day I did not understand why I woke up. It felt as if all the days were the same and there is no purpose anymore. Feeling a bit vetter now, before it was much crazier.

Now i'm better, but the first two weeks since the start of CT - i thought this is the end. Still experiencing anxiety, but it is much more under control than before. Hard to regain my old self. Not sure how I did it the last time, but I smoked alot of marijuana, lots of different strains, socialized and somehow  one day I ended up normal, when or how, I do not remember. It was one moment

Each day now I feel better, but still, sometimes I think its not because of the benzo. Doctor thought I might have epilepsy (nothing to do with my withdrawal, did not have any seizures during it), so I went to EEG, to check that. Had no epilepsy, thank god, but it said I have some sort of brain dysfunction. I hope that is because of the benzo. Checked this 9 days ago. Will I be okay?

[29...]
Hey! I feel u, I'm in the same situation, I was taking bromazepam every evening for sleeping 3mg for 6 weeks, and when I tried to reduce my dosage to 1,5mg I started facing really bad insomnia and nightmares the first night after reducing, then after two days I quit taking that last 1,5mg in next days I started having more and more withdrawal symptoms, intense insomnia, I couldn't stand it anymore I went back on my 3mg, and the symptoms did got better but not completely. I started tappering again, went on 7,5mg of diazepam and now tappering that slowly and now depersonalization and derealization are getting better little by little each day, but nighmares are worst every day and sleep too diazepam doen't help a lot with that. I went through that once already when I was withdrawing Xanax and I promised to myself that I will never ever touch benzo again, but here I am again, it will get better, don't worry just keep going, it takes time, first time I was ok in about 2 months, and don't believe your thoughts. Believe me. Doctor prescribed my 2,5 mg of Olanzapine for a short time and it helps a lot with depersonalization and derealization in first few days. And it is because of benzo withdrawal don't freak out.

Hey. Thanks for your opinion. I'm feeling alot better right now. I think it will pass soon. I have forgotten completely how reality feels like. I'm getting alot more windows now, after this month of horror. Goodluck, stay strong, it will all be fine. My mind is getting back. CBD nelps alot.

[29...]
Thanks. I also take (smoke) CBD, and it helps a lot, it will pass soon. Don't worry. Brain takes time to heal, but the most important thing is that it heals, but be patient, I was using MDMA for 2 years recreationally for weekends sometimes through the week for some student parties, I didn't realize that I'm addicted till I quit and start living different life, and went through a lot depersonalization, depression, derealization, anhdedonia, anxiety, insomnia, and it got better over months, so don't worry, I think withdrawal from benzos is more harder but we are survivers, always remember that. When I was done with that I'm here again because of benzos, If I would knew that I will suffer so much after 6 weeks of bromazepam I would never touch it.  :)

Same. This is also my second cold turkey. Didn't remember that first time was this hard. It's hard with all the depersonalization and derealization mostly. Hard to gain focus and concentrate on the moment. I smoked marijuana daily, for a year and a half. Not alot, but 1g as minimum per day. I'm soon to be 20. Quit, because thought I'm getting the panic attacks from mj. Now I'm thinking that I rather have kept amoking, than touched Lexotan

Today was kinda crazy. Kept questioning reallity again. Took 50mgs of CBD 1 hour ago and started feeling better now. Anxiety is bringing me down and making me feel depressed. 25 days since last Benzo. I'm guessing it should be atleast one more week and it should all be okay, since I didn't use Lexotan daily and drank only 1.5mgs, which isn't alot  and as I use CBD I feel better. Each day more windows. As I am writing this, my vision seems alot clearer than the other days. The letters seem more sharper and realistic.

[29...]
Yesterday I’ve had my first panic attack in my life, they took me to ER because I didn’t know what is happening with me I faded away. But you must know that Im taking Valium now to help with withdrawals from bromazepam, but it just helps a little, they are not so severe, Im withdrawing from Valium too now. It’s crazy one day you are fine and the next day you think you are back, but you are not, that thinks your brain not you. It will pass, don’t think about it, if you will think about it, you will always have that feeling with you even more intense. Im also on antidepressant and olanzapine but it doesnt help in withdrwals, maybe Olanzapine a little with derealization, but that’s all. Time will heal you, and your own thinking, believe me first time I went in withdrawals I tought that I will die. But now, I will just wait till it pass.

That is interesting. I used Bromazepam for panic attacks. Sometimes it helpes, sometimes it didnt, but now, since I quit using it, I haven't had a panic attack since. I guess I have to rely on time for the derealization to end completely now. Thanks for your advice and stay strong

Some things I am experiencing right now - Head pressure, at back of head and forehead, memory problems (improving) and derealization which is getting better each day, usually around nightime. And anxiety and depression. Sometimes I can clear my head of anxiety competely, but then derealization kicks in, just small thought about it and I'm screwed again. Would THC help? If smoking releases dopamine, would ir not help with the intrusive thoughts? I've smoked alot before and used alcohol, so derealization isn't really a strange thing to me, but I am hoping it is because of the benzo withdrawal, not because I'm shizophrenic, or have a brain tumor.

Will it really suddenly just dissapear one day, as gaba receptors heal more? I feel my appetite has increased alot, I wanna eat like every hour. Before it was not like this

Compared to two first weeks of the withdrawal, I do feel better, as I can go out of the house atleast

• 1 month later...
Forum isnt supportive as I thought it would be, but still will continue writing. Experiencing less anxiety since 4 March. Mind suddenly just went less quiet one day. Since that day also less dr/dp. Still feeling it though. So I think atleast. Less pressure on brain. Hoping it will end soon.

• 4 months later...

Been sober from Lexotanil for 6 months and 9 days. Alcohol 7 months and 7 days.

Forum wasn't much of help for me. No one was. Just me and my thoughts helped me. Still experiencing withdrawal. Head pressure and pain in forehead has become less. Anxiety less. Still have DP/DR. Not sure how to go on anymore. Feeling dead and need help.