Distraction not working

[8b...]

[8b...]

Hi Everyone,

Having a real hard time here.  I am trying to distract myself as much as possible from the anxiety but nothing works.  No matter what I do my mind "jumps" back to anxiety. It's not really anxiety about anything in particular either just the "feeling" you get when anxious. 

I had this for many years even before starting benzos.  The anxiety would always be "there" in the back of my mind.  It would disappear briefly when watching an intense movie scene or talking to someone briefly.

Now my mind is constantly jumping back to that "feeling" all the time.  I know I am early in my recovery but I was hoping someone can relate to the feeling I have for peace of mind.

Thanks!

Yes this is normal.  It's like you kind of just have to allow yourself to feel some amount of anxiety while you distract.  I know it's hard but feeling some amount of anxiety while doing something sort of interesting, is much better than just sitting around worrying about your anxiety. 

I totally know what you are talking about though, I still have this during movies.  I just can't focus the whole length of a movie without getting anxious and needing a break.