Help please liquid titration K

[Su...]

Hi,

I would like to start liquid titration and am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to do it.

I am on .38 mg of klonopin. I would like to go very slow. How do I do it, and how much to reduce each day.  I am willing to give it 9-12 mos. I would like to go very slowly. I am in tolerance wd after long hold after dry cut.

I feel a bit overwhelmed by it. Is a compounding pharmacy an option?

Thank you,

Sunflower 🌻

Hi,

I would like to start liquid titration and am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to do it.

I am on .38 mg of klonopin. I would like to go very slow. How do I do it, and how much to reduce each day.  I am willing to give it 9-12 mos. I would like to go very slowly. I am in tolerance wd after long hold after dry cut.

I feel a bit overwhelmed by it. Is a compounding pharmacy an option?

Thank you,

Sunflower 🌻

Hello Sunflower67-

I have read of quite a few folks sucessfully use a compounding pharmacy to make capsules.

Liquid titration is actually very easy. Drop 10 - .5mg tablets into 10ml of ethanol (many use vodka) once tablets disintegrate add 40ml distilled water. This would be your solution to draw your daily dose(s) from.     

Sample plan:

click image

1A62dkK.png

This sample was made with this program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

For a dose of .38mg (3.8ml):

Use a 10ml syringe to draw out 3ml from your solution, then use a 1ml syringe to draw out the remaining .8ml.

click image

http://i.imgur.com/XGpij97.jpg

click image

http://i.imgur.com/IjVB0G1.jpg

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup:

Combine 4mgs + 8ml vodka* + 32mls water,  That will give 40mls of liquid K, .1mg per ml

Here's a dosing schedule that's approx 5% reduction over 10 days...a pretty conservative rate.

.38mg          3.8ml

.378mg        3.78ml

.376mg        3.76ml

.374mg        3.74mg

etc....

Just lower your dose by .02ml (.002mg) each day.

Your 40ml batch will be about a 12 day supply.  Store it at room temp in a covered glass jar.  You will need a 1ml and a 10ml oral syringe, readily available from Amazon, or often free from many pharmacies.

*  Propylene glycol may be substituted for vodka, using the same proportions.

Thank you both!

I am so sensitive to reductions, as I am on other meds, so was going to try to microtaper. Think I will need to go very slow. How would I microtaper with liquid titration? 

Sorry for all the questions, I am not processing well these days!

🌻

Thank you both!

I am so sensitive to reductions, as I am on other meds, so was going to try to microtaper. Think I will need to go very slow. How would I microtaper with liquid titration? 

Sorry for all the questions, I am not processing well these days!

🌻

The instructions and schedule I gave you above IS a microtaper-  .002mgs/day

Builder, Forgot to also ask: can water or almond milk be used for klonopin/clonzapam instead of vodka?

Bella, I did see the plan as well.It sounds like pharmacy is ok for capsules but not liquid?

Thanks again,,🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Builder, Forgot to also ask: can water or almond milk be used for klonopin/clonzapam instead of vodka?

Bella, I did see the plan as well.It sounds like pharmacy is ok for capsules but not liquid?

Thanks again,,🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Water will NOT work!!  Almond milk will.  But if your averse to alcohol, you can also use PG. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,thank you again for your help!

I am going to need to go even slower, and struggling to figure out doses. I plan to use Almond milk.

I weigh my pills on a gem20 scale and have been taking .130 (weight). I don’t know what that calculates into in terms of mg. But I am going to need to reduce in very small increments. We are talking less than .01% (not mg, %)initially. At least until I can divide my evening dose into two doses. Right now I dose only at night. I tried dry cutting .130-.129 and struggled. I just don’t feel scales are accurate with cuts either.

Could you help me calculate how much I would need to pull out? Also, does the suspension keep for 10 days? I’ve seen titration where it’s just done daily. Is that a possibility, so suspension is discarded?

Thank you so much!🙏🏻

Hello,thank you again for your help!

I am going to need to go even slower, and struggling to figure out doses. I plan to use Almond milk.

I weigh my pills on a gem20 scale and have been taking .130 (weight). I don’t know what that calculates into in terms of mg. But I am going to need to reduce in very small increments. We are talking less than .01% (not mg, %)initially. At least until I can divide my evening dose into two doses. Right now I dose only at night. I tried dry cutting .130-.129 and struggled. I just don’t feel scales are accurate with cuts either.

Could you help me calculate how much I would need to pull out? Also, does the suspension keep for 10 days? I’ve seen titration where it’s just done daily. Is that a possibility, so suspension is discarded?

Thank you so much!🙏🏻

1)  A daily micro taper is absolutely the easiest way to withdraw from benzos.

2)  If your going to do liquid, you don't need to worry about tablet weight.

3)  You solution will last as long as your milk doesn't sour.

4) You don't "pull out" anything.  You make a batch of liquid and simple drink/dose the schedule amount, as you would do with any liquid med.

5)  You said ".01%".  What time frame, as in .01% per day, .01% per week...?  I assume you mean .01% per day?

Hi Builder

I am also trying to taper K doing DLMT.

Bella Amis has been very helpful.

I just want to confirm that I understand the basics.

to make the solution I would use 2ml alcohol/ 1mg K and 8ml distilled water/1mg K

so with 10 .5mg pills my solution would be 10ml alcohol +40 ml distilled water.

Then it is a question of reducing the dose. I also want to go really slow.

My total dose is .6150 (average between the weights on the gram scale on my cut dose) I used to JIMHAWk plan so dry cutting .1225 down to .1182 but I never know if the cut actually reflects the real weight)

My question here is I take this in 3 doses a day : .375mg at 3.00 am    .125mg at 930 am  and  .115 at 330pm

Can I just use the .002ml reduction you suggested and for ease of measuring can I use that every day on one dose at a time . And rotate the reduction on the different doses each day.

I don't know how to do that with the form

thank you for everything you do on this board :thumbsup:

Hi Builder

Can I just use the .002ml reduction you suggested and for ease of measuring can I use that every day on one dose at a time . And rotate the reduction on the different doses each day.

thank you for everything you do on this board :thumbsup:

Yes.

Thank you for your reply, and all you do!!

I weigh my K pills. I was taking .130, that’s the weight of the pill. I reduced to .129 and had severe symptoms. That’s less than a 1% reduction (maybe 2/3 of a %).

My feeling is I am going to have to go even slower, in terms of reductions. I am feeling like a reduction of less than 1/8 of 1% each day. Which would equal 4% a month. I understand this is a long taper but I am a single mom and need to be somewhat functional.

I am unsure how to convert any of this. From what I here you saying even though I am taking roughly .38mg if I convert the weight, I would still use a .5 mg pill?

I am sorry I have hard time, w WD, it’s really impacting me cognitively.

Thanks again!🙏🏻

Thank you for your reply, and all you do!!

I weigh my K pills. I was taking .130, that’s the weight of the pill. I reduced to .129 and had severe symptoms. That’s less than a 1% reduction (maybe 2/3 of a %).

Trust me, you did NOT feel a reduction of .001mg from a 130mg tablet.  The weight (and dose) from tablet to tablet varies far more than that.  A 10% variance from tablet to tablet to tablet is pretty common, and that would be about .02mg.

My feeling is I am going to have to go even slower, in terms of reductions. I am feeling like a reduction of less than 1/8 of 1% each day. Which would equal 4% a month. I understand this is a long taper but I am a single mom and need to be somewhat functional.

4% per month is a really slow taper.  I stayed below 5%/2weeks (10%/month), and mine was a really slow taper.

I am unsure how to convert any of this. From what I here you saying even though I am taking roughly .38mg if I convert the weight, I would still use a .5 mg pill?

As I told you in my earlier reply, if your going to  do liquid, you don't need to be concerned with  weight.

I am sorry I have hard time, w WD, it’s really impacting me cognitively.

I really understand that.  But if you concentrate on some very basic ideas, you can do this.  Its different, but its NOT difficult.  :)

Thanks again!🙏🏻

Thanks, Builder.

I am on clonzapam for physical pain. Not anxiety. After the drop I couldn’t walk, every muscle seized in my body, and I had severe vertigo and bladder issues . I am polydrugged, and have several conditions including autoimmune disease, so unsure if that contributed. It wasn’t a case of severe anxiety.

We are all different, and I don’t know why I responded this way. I previously dropped 5% dry cutting and it was not nearly as bad. But I had to hold a while.

It scares me that it shouldn’t be this way, but it is for me. I was injured by a botched Botox injection two years ago and unsure if that’s a factor. My symptoms felt a lot like that and think the stress onf the clonzapam withdrawal is physically stressing my body.,Listening, so trying to go slower. Feeling discouraged and hopeless, feel super slow only way I can go. :-(

I don't doubt that you experienced those sxs, but a reduction of .001g  from a .120g tablet did not cause them. 

.001 from .130 is .76%.  Your tablets vary 10% or more.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Builder!

I am in a difficult place. That .76% reduction put me in bed. Muscle spasms in whole body, nerve pain in face, nausea, loose stools, wobbly legs. Everything.  I am also taking Lyrica and Baclofen and have read these can make the tiniest reductions more difficult.

I am in tolerance wd, it’s hellish,and have to cut. But have to reduce by very minuscule amounts to to this at all.

I know I am an anomaly. 🙁

Builder,

I didn’t feel the cut immediately. It took 8 days, so maybe a cumulative effect of a consistent reduction hit me???

Thanks again,trying to be hopeful and don’t know why I responded this way. 

It could be the cumulative effect of previous reductions, or it could be from a completely unrelated cause.  But there is no way a reduction of less than 1% caused any significant distress.  As I said  previously, your actual dose has always varied far more than that from dose-to-dose.

When we are trying to withdraw, we all have a tendency to believe that anything that happens to us is caused by withdrawal.  We overlook that fact that there are many other things happening in our minds, our bodies, our lives, that are NOT benzo-related.