Has anyone tried Flexeril?

[Ho...]

Has anyone tried Flexeril when you have muscle pain and joint pain while tapering Valium?  I'm on 10 mg of Valium and I tried 1/2 low dose pill last night bcuz the pain in my jaw and neck was so severe.  It helped.  I read however, that it can cause dependency.  Seems like every drug does that!  SIGH.

I have taken it a bunch during my klonopin taper.  I was careful with taking it, not taking it for more than a few nights in a row.  I definitely found it very helpful with muscle tension and also I got better sleep when I took it.

Green Cup,

I'm glad it worked for you.  I took 1/2 of a very low dose and I had trouble breathing for two days, which concerned me.  Then I looked it up and it did say it can do this when interacting with benzos.  SIGH

Hope

sorry to hear this. was wondering about flexeril too.

have severe tension + joint pain too [from hips to feet].

my former GP said Flexeril can't be taken w/benzo.

but -- my current GP just pushed Lyrica on me, which states specifically a 'conflict w/benzos'....yet GP brushed it off.

got desperate + tried lowest dose for 4 days only + still suffering horribly from doubled SXS it caused .....+ new scary GI prob [bleeding - sorry TMI]. .. been almost 3 wks...

Hope - we must be extra careful. glad you tried only 1/2 dose once.

other buddies are so lucky to find something that helps them.

but awful for a handful of us who can't seem to tolerate anything 'helpful' -- at least w/the particular benzo we're taking, maybe ...  :(

you're not alone.

Chipmunk,

I'm using Dribose which is a powder and it builds up your ATP and Mitochondria cells.  Take it in water on an empty stomach.  Seems to help.  Also Acetyl-L-Carnitine does the same thing only it balances our Amino Acids.  IT takes months to do it but it helps w/o side effects.  I only take 500 a day on empty stomach with ProBiotics that can pass the Acid in your stomach and Alaskan Salmon Oil.  Seems to help a bit.  But it doesn't calm you, but it does prevent and heal the damage of neurons in the brain that the benzos are doing to us. 

I am also using California Poppy Extract w/o Alcohol.  It helps me a little to sleep but you have to use a lot and it's 20 dollars a bottle.  SMALL BOTTLE.  So far, it's the only thing I've found to date that helps a little.  But I'm still Holding on 10 mg. of Valium.  I doubt it will work as I taper down though.  It's so safe, you can give it to kids.  I also take Magnesium called "CALM" powder with Vitamin K2 before bed.  It helps a little but I read it really helps our muscles and that tightness we experience.  That's all I got.

I have the Flector patch - I can cut it into a small piece if I need it and I would if my back pain came back.  I use Voltaren gel (non-steroid) on my hands/knees/toes for osteoarthritis, and have used it a few times during my taper.  I never use the maximum doses for either of these, ever.  If I get minimal relief and can still walk/function, I figure it's been a good day  :)

Thank you Peaceful.

I'm on Spironolactone 12.5 mg BP meds.  Cannot use any kind of NSAIDs with this medication unfortunately.  So I suffer in pain.  Use Ice bags and Head pads, that's all I have to work with.

HOPE thank you so much  :smitten:

V interested in your supps + kind, helpful Info + support. 

SO happy these help you, esp. to walk/function ! 

would like to reply in more detail -- but just need to lie down w/ heat packs for a bit.

will be back soon :hug:

Thank you Peaceful.

I'm on Spironolactone 12.5 mg BP meds.  Cannot use any kind of NSAIDs with this medication unfortunately.  So I suffer in pain.  Use Ice bags and Head pads, that's all I have to work with.

:therethere: Hope, I'm very sorry this has been so rough for you. My heart goes out to you. ❤️ 

Thank you Peaceful, I can see I'm not the only one in here going through a hard time.

I've always been sensitive to things but never like this before.  I cannot take anything to take the edge off.  So my husband and I are praying for help.  At least my BP has stabilized but I do worry about future tapers and having it happen again.  Things I read in here scare me to be honest.  I know ppl don't mean to do that, they are white knuckling it too and it's hard to bear for all of us.  So I understand.  Just scares me to hear what they are going through at lower doses.

Thanks you and everyone in here for your tenderness and compassion in the face of your own problems.  Greatly appreciated. :smitten:

HOPE

my sentiments exactly Re your post to PEACEFUL.... also, sorry think i got you both mixed up in last post  :-[  ... hope you can both walk / function...? ... my dream... SIGH.

AM EXACTLY like you - no ibuprofen, no tylenol, NO pain relief at all. was sensitive pre-benzo too... so only heat pads/packs.

only took aspirin as a kid, then ibuprofen 35 yrs for 'monthly' pain + think it messed up gaba...?

all my life used all natural remedies and then gaba / calming supps -- including those you mentioned, but in combo supps -- after sudden onset of vertigo / panic / agoraphobia -- about a decade ago.  supps seemed to help for years....

but then major life stress and tendon injuries = benzos  :(

never had these anxiety probs before! took flying lessons! traveled overseas alone, no probs.

anyway.... sadly, never been able to take any Mg -- except small amount in multi-vit -- tried higher single dose a decade ago = racing pulse and palps, so stopped.

then tried again 2 yrs ago when this all started + did calm me -- BUT caused severe spasms in kidneys.... tried various forms, even tiny dose of liquid, but same -- GI/kidneys 'disposed' of quickly.

this year -- took a Tums-type thing for nausea, got in the UK called Rennies -- didn't know it had Mg in it .... got racing pulse and palps, then blacked out!

SO scary!  never in 2.5 yrs using benzos have i ever 'napped'... and this sure was not a 'nap'... thankfully was lying down... and that my hubs happened to come in the room and 'woke' me.... thank GOD... don't know how long i was out or what happened....

have always been prone to fainting - hypoglycemia + vagus nerve Dx -- but didn't feel like i fainted. very odd.

my blood serum tests for Mg has been high these past 2 yrs, so don't know what's going on.

like you -- we're hoping + praying + trying to avoid scary stories too -- after many mistakes-- and i have MUCH farther to go than you.

SO happy some supps help you tho -- you will get there!

i stopped all supps this past summer, when Doc messed me up - had lots of nausea.

was able to take when benzo 'worked' for 22 months, but not since destabilized.

just last yr discovered low in Vit D....so started taking high dose Re Doc.  but afraid now.... hubs is annoyed, thinks i should take supps again, but too afraid.

REALLY WISH I COULD THO... want to help heal my neurons so badly....

and my poor muscles/nerves.... i got nothing to help  :( 

was using glucosamine gel for decade for back probs + knees... but does not help my new badly 'frozen' knees, muscle tension, etc... tried Voltaren too, but no help.

can't reach my badly frozen, swollen red ankles, so just hope for the best... hurts to rub anything, hubs tried.

just not mobile, so joints are freezing up. the more i move, the more tension.

GOSH, SO sorry to ramble + rant... again, all over these boards.....  :-[

just want to be mobile... + so desperate to taper properly, but afraid of further disability that Docs caused.....

just like you and your BP -- i get it.

truly hope your BP stays stabilized all the way down... fingers crossed for you :hug:

peace + healing for us all

So sorry you are suffering so terribly Chipmunk!  God love you.  I am praying for everyone here on BB and especially when I cannot sleep.  I tried Glucosamine Chrondroit and it keeps me awake at night and makes me jittery.  So I bought a big container and now cannot take it. 

I was also very active, just retired only two years ago.  I also traveled alone as well.  I was always a strong person, very active.

I have gone without sleep now for a month off and on.  And the sleep I have rec'd was minimal.  SO out of frustration I started a Liquid Milk Taper again only this time, I am not tapering for 7 days to let my CNS adjust to the change.  I was on 10MG hold for near 3 months and I figure If I am going to suffer on HOLD, I might as well suffer tapering and moving forward instead of prolonging the suffering.  So after 7 days I will begin to taper 5% for a week and see how I'm doing and if okay, I'll up it to 10% and see how that works.  And instead of Holding, I can just lower the taper again, but I'll be moving forward instead of staying stagnant as long as my BP stays stable that is.

B6 and B12 heals your nerves. SO instead of taking a B Complex, just take those two and see how they work.  Along with Vitamin C.  If you don't want to take C in a capsule, then take it via Lemon in your Water, you can add Stevia so you don't have sugar in your system which is a stimulant.  Collagen will help with the rigidity you are experiencing.  Bone Broth ...get the natural or you could simmer up the carcass of a turkey and strain and save the broth and use that when you cook anything to eat.  A lot of Vitamin C non gmo and natural with bioflavanoids might help too.  Don't get it if it has Calcium in it though.  Get it as natural as you can. 

Blueberries are low glycemic and heals the brain.  It won't hurt you if you mix it with Almond Milk and stevia. 

I'm praying for you to be healed right now and for the LORD to lead you to whatever can help you heal.  However, I am asking the LORD for a MIRACLE for you.  Print out Healing Scriptures and say them over yourself whenever you feel afraid.  It does help, not right away, you have to walk in FAITH ALONE till you begin to believe it. 

I feel the same every time it gets dark and it's time to sleep, I DREAD IT, bcuz I know it's going to be difficult.  But I'm dealing with it as I can, listen to Scripture via a ear plug from my cell phone and I pray and believe and thank the LORD, grateful for the fact that He gave His Life for us.  It helps us when we are in the STORMS and we surely are in Storms and WAR right now.

Do not give up, dig in your Heels.  YOU are a CHILD OF GOD, Your NAME is WRITTEN In heaven, THE LORD will NEVER leave you nor forsake you.  Fight the good fight of FAITH believing in what is not seen as if it IS and professing it.  Seriously, it does work but it takes time and FAITH and Patience, a LOT of Patience.  Just know the LORD knows how we feel.  So don't give up.  Remember the Scripture where the Lord said He answered the Widow's prayers because she was wearing HIM OUT!  So keep asking, keep on knocking, keep on praying, never give up!  NEVER GIVE UP!

BELIEVE at all times, no matter how you feel or what you see.  Believe and speak that you are healed.  I KNOW it's hard, I have had the Vertigo, Nausea, Stomach Cramps, Severe Kidney pain and Adrenal pain and they pump out Cortisol that raised my BP sky high.  Insomnia, tightness in neck and jaw and Severe PAIN There as well, eyes burning, all my joints hurting.  I am so dizzy I cannot even drive and so weak when I can go grocery shopping with husband, I cannot stand long w/o feeling like I'll pass out and fall on the floor.  And I have a long way to go being at 10 mg. 

I REFUSE to give in to FEAR (which is what Satan uses) and I refuse to give up and I refuse to accept these Symptoms!  I reject them, they don't belong in my body and I resist them, command them to leave my body and I REFUSE them, then I speak all the Healing Scriptures over all my sxs and claim that I am healed and made whole. 

It helps, and I still feel things, but I'm fighting the good fight of FAITH.  Faith is the substance of things NOT SEEN.  Hebrews 11:1. 

So don't you give up and I won't either. 

I wish it was available in the U.K. but it’s not.

The only thing I could try is Tizanidine but it frightens me.

Muscle tightness, pulling, twisting throughout whole body is terrible today. No position is bearable. I don’t know what to do.

dear HOPE  :smitten:

oh my goodness -- Thank you so very much for your deeply moving and very inspiring words... you are such a kind soul... for taking the time to write with such thoughtfulness  + prayers too -- for me + for all of us -- can't thank you enough, words cannot describe my gratitude...  you are a true  :angel:

so i want to reply properly to all your kind + helpful advice + enormous encouragement....!  and to your struggles too  :hug:

but my body has just seized up again... have to go lie down w/heat packs for a bit...AND ....just wanted to let you know how very much i appreciate your lovely post xx

I'LL BE BACK  ;)

Adjusta,

Yes, I am in the same predicament.  Someone in here said there is a medication that is supposed to block Glutamate.  Called Memantine HCL.  This way, we can take Collagen then.  I know absolutely NOTHING about this medication, so may want to google it.  I'm going to ask my doctor about it.

I spoke to my neurologist about Memantine. He can’t prescribe it off label. It is a glutamate blocker given for Alzheimer’s.

I asked if it would prevent brain healing from benzo damage and he said yes it would!

I have tried Memantine as a friend who has had to stay on Benzos takes it for interdose WD. It did calm some of my symptoms but I have only ever taken a small dose for one night on 4 occasions.

Neuro said he can prescribe Lamictal - also glutamate Blocker - but many on here say it is another hell Drug...

dear HOPE  :smitten:

thank you so much again, for your sincere words of wisdom + your strong faith, to encourage me to not give up -- it means so very much to me  :hug:

i don't have a lot of emotional support.... except an elderly aunt who is very devout and has told me similar things, when she calls in to check on me once in a while. she said her church prays for me on Wednesdays! i was gobsmacked, and so humbled.

my faith has been really tested over the past decade-- but this benzo crap has taken it to the limit!  i've been knocking like crazy, but often feel so hopeless. but i'll keep trying.

i do hope you're able to get some restful sleep soon -- with your supps, etc. and i'm so glad you have something to listen to at night that soothes, inspires, and gives you strength.

i'd need a whole 'nother post to explain my sleep probs.... so will leave that for now.

i'm so sorry for all the severe sxs you suffer, and hope your strong faith helps to overcome them. i try sometimes, but not as strong as you are, i usually just fall apart or get angry.

i read on BB that crying is a good release of cortisol....? don't know if you do?

well it makes me feel a bit better to release ... tho it is exhausting + it upsets my hubs if he's home.

just trying to read your Cali Poppy thread, etc....  i'm so glad it works for you, along w/those other supps you suggested...

i'm vegetarian, so have taken complex B's for decades. but stopped, then got a multi-vit w/ very high B5 + B12....

but when GP sent me into destabilized mess last July -- it worried me as those were very high B vits + thought it might be causing probs.... + the new vit D, etc -- maybe even all that stuff put me into tolerance quicker than normal?

will check out B6 tho, will look into supps a bit more again soon. was taking extra C + fish oil last year, but stopped along w/multi + D.

oh, it's so confusing. wish their was some sort of star trek type scanner thingy that could read your brain chemistry....

i've been drinking chamomile tea for decades, but just don't want anything these past 7 months... don't know if it's fear, or my body just not ready.... i can't seem to listen to my body.

wonder if there is some vegetarian collagen....?

you're so brave, and have done so well w/your taper! except that it was too fast for you, and most, no doubt, sorry to hear about hitting that wall  :(

but like you, i *think* holding is not helping... esp. on 2 odd dose benzos...but i'm still trying to recover from Lyrica nightmare....

but soon, i'm going to follow in your very brave footsteps and try to taper a tiny bit of the CLZ, and see how it goes...

my hubs used to stew frozen blueberries to put in our yogurt, but i stopped that too. only eat apples and bananas... don't crave any other fruit. weird. probably missing lots of nutrients. may rethink the bluebs. tho, thank you.

so glad you're able to get out and about, please just take it easy when you do.

gosh, rambling again -- i'm sorry if i missed anything... but will be back again soon, thoughts + prayers for you too. trying hard not to give up -- but you sharing your strength w/me helps beyond words :smitten:

peace + healing to all

Blessings to you Chipmunk,

I'm trying the liquid again.  On my 3rd day without tapering this time for a week, just to allow my CNS to adjust to the change from tablets to liquid. 

I am on 10 mg.  So I'm dissolving 5 mg in Milk and take that during the day and then 5 mg at night.  I had a Window for 2 days and it was wonderful.  But woke up nervous today, so my CNS is reacting already just to the change to liquid alone!  Can you believe my CNS got this messed up?  I did taper too fast, I even jumped a week and tapered 4 mg in ONE WEEK to get to 10 mg.  I figure that's what hurt my CNS in a bad way. 

So now I've learned.  I have also learned Bananas and some fruit have more sugar than CANDY and Sugar ......even from those fruits you mentioned is a STIMULANT to your CNS.  Not GOOD.

Blueberries in Milk ---you can get them frozen organic and blend them in milk and Stevia.  Tastes good, and builds up polyphenols in your BRAIN which is badly needed to heal the brain AND it is LOW GLYCEMIC........low sugar.

I don't cry.  I think I'm too old and besides, I've been through much worse in my lifetime.  I just pray and I am TRUSTING The LORD.  Crying makes me more upset.......it is NOT a release for me whatsoever.

But we are all different.  The WORD of GOD says we are Individually, fearfully and wonderfully created by HIS HANDS!  And we all are so different. 

I've have had God YELL at me.  Something that would devastate other people, but it works for me.  I prefer to hear from Him when I do things that He does not like.  I love the direction WHEN I hear Him.  It's not regular of course, but when He does speak, we all know it!  So again, we are all different kinds of people, personalities in how we deal with things or not deal with them.

However, we can LEARN to retrain our minds to be like the Mind of Christ and think on the Positive and THROW OUT THE NEGATIVE.

Think of how good it will be when we are done and off this stuff.  Think about feeling better soon.  Think of how each time we taper we are healing even though it is miserable. 

Even if you have to INVENT something ...a good feeling.....a good experience, a good vacation, a nice place, a great memory and put yourself in there as if you are really there! 

There is a NEUROSCIENTIST called Caroline Leaf.  She is a Christian, so I'm telling you this in advance.  She has a three-part series on the Brain and how it reacts to negative thinking---which in turn damages the brain.  Then she shows the neurons reacting to Positive thoughts.  It happens in seconds and the positive causes healing in the brain.  She actually shows you the neurons in the brain and how they react to our thinking.  So worth watching really.  This may help you, it sure helped me and my husband to watch her.

She lived in South Africa but now lives in USA.

blessings to you too HOPE  :angel:

was just trying to compose a reply to your last post.... BUT while sitting at laptop -- got stuck on phone w/ 'new' GP.... she wants me to go back to Ashton....!?

thank you so much for all your advice + support again -- will be back to reply when i can sit down a bit longer again.  but so glad you had 2 days of windows!  take it slow and easy w/liquid.

4 months ago, i got to Stage 3 c/o in 1 month -- it was really hard after all they'd already put me thru....

then got pulled off Ashton, plus 10% cut -- and, told Valium worst thing for my Fibro/ME.... and that it would debilitate me more than i ALREADY WAS, which was a lot BETTER than now...

so, now essentially disabled after all they did to mess up my CNS since JULY -- how can i possibly handle 35 V NOW ?!

my new GP doesn't seem to care tho... she's the GP who pushed me onto diabolical Lyrica  >:(

her new plan contrary to Rheum's former advice, ie, no Ashton/Valium... again, she doesn't care.

terrified -- so weak and barely get to the loo on the low dose of V i AM on NOW [+ CLZ]

sorry for repeating myself and ranting -- am hyper anxious atm  :-[

hoping and praying for some direction  :-\

peace + healing to you