Got the whole talk from both doctors....

[By...]

I was depressed and just not feeling well today, I'm in partial outpaitent therapy currently.

Talking about how I dont think the name brand klonopin is sitting well with me, and just got a

"Well I think its a reemergence of your depression and anxiety"

From ALL of them....

Of course my answer was "when I'm on more than I was ? My symptoms are back?"

Of course they couldn't answer that....

But it is so frustrating and just makes my depression worse!

I have encountered the same thinking, too :(. The non-linearity of benzos doesn't seem to be very well understood.

Other illness remissions can be, however.  Yes, such a *hard* concept for morons to comprehend.  I have the right to use the word morons too.  Especially since the morons I've dealt with have been shown more than enough evidence that even a 5th grader could grasp in Science class.

My doctor knows I'm sensitive to mediciations, generic changes and still said "Well I dont think this will make a difference, it'll be placebo"

Well even if it WAS placebo, and a psyche she should know how strong that is?!

Not to mention I was on that brand back in July for 2 months, and it worked as well as the TEVA brand, I just noticed I wasn't sleeping quite as much as getting cranky at everything, which I know now is a side effect of benzos as well... *sighs*

Morons, seriously...

She also told me to stop "reading all that stuff on the internet"

Well if I never wouldve read anything I never wouldve suspected benzos in first place, or known what to do!  :tickedoff:

My doctor knows I'm sensitive to mediciations, generic changes and still said "Well I dont think this will make a difference, it'll be placebo"

Well even if it WAS placebo, and a psyche she should know how strong that is?!

Not to mention I was on that brand back in July for 2 months, and it worked as well as the TEVA brand, I just noticed I wasn't sleeping quite as much as getting cranky at everything, which I know now is a side effect of benzos as well... *sighs*

Morons, seriously...

Well if I never wouldve read anything I never wouldve suspected benzos in first place, or known what to do!  :tickedoff:

I hear you.

Q:  How did I find out after months of being prescribed benzodiazepines that I was unknowingly taking a highly physiologically addictive medication that could not simply be stopped cold?  A:  The Internet (and too late at that after I cold turkeyed).  If only I checked the *silly* Internet sooner.  None of the geniuses in my real world informed me. 

Oh, I hate that comment. My mother's doctor prescribed her a very high dose of Prednisone without even informing her of the horrific physiological dependence that drug causes. Thanks to the internet, she was able to discover that prednisone indeed causes physiological dependence, so she weaned off gradually and successfully.

Oh, I hate that comment. My mother's doctor prescribed her a very high dose of Prednisone without even informing her of the horrific physiological dependence that drug causes. Thanks to the internet, she was able to discover that prednisone indeed causes physiological dependence, so she weaned off gradually and successfully.

Thank goodness for the internet, honestly! lol I think I would've been stuck on tons of antipsychotics had I not found BB.

None of the geniuses in my real world informed me.

None of the people in the real world told me anything until after I read about tapering in a book written by a psychiatrist as well as on the internet. That's the first time I'd actually found out about tapering, and from what I read about tapering in that book, it seemed that I'd still be able to keep working and do things while tapering. It sounded a lot easier than it ended up being. I guess that particular psychiatrist who wrote the book apparently knew something, but failed to mention the severity and duration of the withdrawal in her book.

Once I plunged into a bad withdrawal while tapering, then so many poeple around me used the information I found out on my own against me and made cruel comments such as "well, now you know!", "Oh, you didn't know about that one!", "Well, you've learned your lesson!", "Oh, it's a slippery slope!". None of it was very helpful, of course.

Buy them a copy of ‘Death Grip’ by Matt Samet!

That was an idiot book written by a left wing drama queen and whiner. Completely useless.

That was an idiot book written by a left wing drama queen and whiner. Completely useless.

I've not read the book, but have read many of Matt's writings on the Internet.  I think he has done much to further benzo awareness.  He has never appeared to me to be a drama queen or whiner from the writings I've read.  If simply sharing the stark reality of the depth of one's personal sufferings/symptoms of withdrawal is considered merely whining, I suppose, based on that logic, nobody should write any books in regards to any personal sufferings.  I've not read anything "left wing" of his on the Internet, so I can't comment, but regardless, he lives in a free country last I read.  Could you give us specific excerpts of his writings here to substantiate any of your claims? 

Why is it an idiot book? The guy barely survived and he was pretty honest about it in the book. Whatever someone's ideology or beliefs may be, I'd never consider anyone who'd undergone a severe benzodiazepine withdrawal a "whiner".

Not to mention that benzo withdrawal just doesn't care about anyone's political affiliation. It affects everyone equally.

So you are withdrawing from Klonopin and they think it is a re-emergence of depression and anxiety because of the withdrawal? As in they say you need to take the medication even though Klonopin treats neither anxiety nor depression?

So you are withdrawing from Klonopin and they think it is a re-emergence of depression and anxiety because of the withdrawal? As in they say you need to take the medication even though Klonopin treats neither anxiety nor depression?

Yep! I was on it for sleep and one of the brands isn't agreeing with me and NO ONE believes me

"Well you're just nervous about going back to work etc etc"

I've not read the book, but have read many of Matt's writings on the Internet.  I think he has done much to further benzo awareness.  He has never appeared to me to be a drama queen or whiner from the writings I've read.  If simply sharing the stark reality of the depth of one's personal sufferings/symptoms of withdrawal is considered merely whining, I suppose, based on that logic, nobody should write any books in regards to any personal sufferings.  I've not read anything "left wing" of his on the Internet, so I can't comment, but regardless, he lives in a free country last I read.  Could you give us specific excerpts of his writings here to substantiate any of your claims?

Read the book. He complained about Dick Cheney, global warming and he didn't like the granular soap at his final detox/psych hospital. Endless complaining although I concede that he is actually a good and vivid writer.

Read the book. He complained about Dick Cheney, global warming and he didn't like the granular soap at his final detox/psych hospital. Endless complaining although I concede that he is actually a good and vivid writer.

I read the book and I personally thought that his complaining was a good representation of what these benzos can do over the long haul. He started as a pretty shy, quiet man, and it's obvious how terribly disinhibited the benzos made him. I think it was great that he pressed upon that subject, because it's rarely discussed in society in general. Most people are aware of alcohol causing disinhibition, but I am not sure that most people understand that benzos do the same, and that once a calm quiet person can easily become a chronic complainer with poor anger management skills and no ability to hold it back.

Yes, Matt Samet has been very instrumental in furthering knowledge regarding benzos. He's well known in the community, and I appreciate his very cogent written words.

• 3 weeks later...

They had soap at this psyche hospital? Lucky...

I got a 'bodywash/shampoo' mix that had no cleaning power and no scent, also you had to practically hug to wall the get into the water stream lol