What are the things not to do when you’re depressed

[bl...]

Try your best not to be alone and stuck in your room, I get much worse when I do that, but it feels like the best thing to do at the time :( . Stay away from anything you find triggering, it may take a bit to find the triggers or you may already know them

But what if you live alone and have no friends for support? I myself too suffer from depression and alienated my peers to the point I no longer have what I labeled as friends. I just sit in my house which in turn causes me to be more anxious n depressed n eat my Ativan. I’d love also to learn about better coping mechanisms because I def need few.

Today I’m having a rough day I’m gonna go take my dog for a walk in the park even though I have Anxiety I got to get out of the house and walk.

[a7...]
Walking is such a great thing to do! That’s a great place to start. Is there a community centre near you? Maybe you could sign up for a class of some sorts? Painting or drawing? Or a yoga class?

Yes there is but I don’t think I’m ready for it yet I’m trying to stabilize on an antidepressant I’m nine months off going on 10 months off Some days are better than others I’m gonna work out on the elliptical next for 30 minutes exercise exercise. Trying to get into a routine every day doing chores around the house etc. trying to keep myself busy for now they’re not kidding hit later withdrawl wave  is my  biggest thing is anxiety waves other than that I don’t have no physical symptoms or anything like that more mental.

What are things not to do when you are depressed?

Don't be around unsupportive people who don't understand depression.

Don't commit yourself to tasks you have no energy to do.

Don't be demanding of yourself, knowing perfectly well you need down time to get back on your feet.