battling hypochondriasis and agoraphobia

[ju...]

ive been battling the agoraphobia since summer 2017 and then add on hypochondria  in spring of 2018  im still battling everyday with these thoughts of what can go wrong but the thoughts are scary but when i get physical pain with the thoughts is when i lose my shit n get pretty bad because i always assume the worst and think i will have to go the the hospital  tonight has been pretty ruff on me !!!  can anyone offer advice or similar stories

ive been battling the agoraphobia since summer 2017 and then add on hypochondria  in spring of 2018  im still battling everyday with these thoughts of what can go wrong but the thoughts are scary but when i get physical pain with the thoughts is when i lose my shit n get pretty bad because i always assume the worst and think i will have to go the the hospital  tonight has been pretty ruff on me !!!  can anyone offer advice or similar stories

Didnt you say before you were in tolerance too? These are common WD sxs

Jump,

What you are feeling is totally normal for benzo withdrawal. You do NOT need to go to the ER for withdrawal stuff. Total waste of time. You are feeling severe anxiety and fear which are all completely normal. You will need to find ways to cope with your symptoms without resorting to doctors, ho don't know a damn thing about this.  Thinking that everything is a disaster is also common.

I am unclear whether you tapered off or went CT. Either way, you are suffering purely withdrawal symptoms. Do a bit of searching here on BB to find various ways to handle YOUR symptoms. To be honest, nothing makes them go away except time. But feeling you have SOME control goes a long way.

You took a benzo for 4 years, I think. That certainly qualifies you for benzo withdrawal. Benzos should not be taken for perhaps a month. But doctors kinda give in and prescribe them longer, even though they do know this.

It might hep you to read a couple pages of my Success Story. I am a true Benzo Warrior, 6.5 years of it now. "Eastcoast's Trip" is its name. Jump, it is time for you to get serious about healing from this huge mess.

east

i dont think im in tolerance  im still on 1.625mg daily  will be 6 years ive been on them next month  if that helps  ive tapered once in 2014  but failed because i was 10 week taper my dr put me on then i slowly worked back up to where i am at now never tried another taper

[97...]

agoraphobia is the worst, ugh, i try to explain it like if youre afraid of heights, and you were forced to stand at the edge of a tall cliff, how does your body feel? agoraphobia is like living within that fear 24/7. its like the physcial and mental manifestations of a phobia cranked to ON all the time. i freakin went to work through it and it was a nightmare. extreme anxiousness, jelly legs, shaking, agitation, it just makes life intolerable cause your panic is screaming every moment.

i had it really bad, and im one who felt like, man, this is never going away.

but it HAS subsided considerably, enough to where confrontations that used to be impossible are now tolerable. a lot of people speak of exposure therapy, but i found at its worst, all that did was make me literally ill sometimes when i tried to force my way through it. i learned when to just relax if i was possibly able.

it sucks but it will start to subside, i had it from before i even knew i was in benzo tolerance, it was one of the first major symptoms that had me start wondering what the hell was wrong with me. standing in lines or trying to go to a restaurant id get it really bad, and had no idea what was wrong with me, i thought it was just extreme anxiety at first.

it started to relent a bit a few months post taper. it doesnt feel like but it WILL go away as you get further along through this process. i sympathize though, i hate it.

Hope you are doing better.  In regards to ER visits, I think some are very necessary depending upon one's personal health status.

One of the biggest lessons I learned, going off benzos, was to never trust a doctor again. NO doctor can make me do anything. ONLY I control my health.

Benzo withdrawal can surely teach you a lot. The entire process is sort of a learning experience. Let the process teach you to prevent future withdrawal issues.

east

thanks for the reply's  i am having a terrible night again i am  feeling like my throat is slowly closing and i have a bad headache  these attacks are the worst when i feel like i cant breath i am trying to calm myself down but not much is working  i think i may force myself to try and go to bed !!  that is  the best part of my day is when i am sleeping and everything goes away  this is truly sad  and breaks my heart not sure i can go on like this forever i have not even started  tappering yet 

thanks for the reply's  i am having a terrible night again i am  feeling like my throat is slowly closing and i have a bad headache  these attacks are the worst when i feel like i cant breath i am trying to calm myself down but not much is working  i think i may force myself to try and go to bed !!  that is  the best part of my day is when i am sleeping and everything goes away  this is truly sad  and breaks my heart not sure i can go on like this forever i have not even started  tappering yet

So sorry to read this.  :-[   

I wonder if drinking some warm tea might help with throat closing sensation. Or maybe even just plain water. Dryness along with the throat muscles spasming can certainly cause these highly awful symptoms. I am really sorry to hear you are suffering this bad.

thanks again for the reply's  i do drink a lot of water  already since having my first kidney stone in may 2018  maybe next time i will try the tea when this happens  but keeping my fingers crossed it does not happen anytime soon the whole episode last  about 30 minutes and it was over but that 30 minutes seemed like forever  i had a fairly decent day today so i am grateful  for that

I am the exact same way.

I have always had health problems. I have epilepsy and I have had kidney stones, like you. I am getting off the epilepsy medication because I have been on it for far too long. I am also tapering from xanax. So tapering from two medications has been rough.

But also like you I have horrible hypochondria. This month has been especially bad. My anxiety has been ramped thru the roof. I have gone to a lot of doctors for things that I thought I was going to die from, so i understand what you are going thru.

I have a while to go on tapering as well. So imagine I'll go thru this for some time.

Lets just hope all this gets better in the future for the both of us. Good luck.

thanks for the reply hope it does get better for both of us in the future but i wish i could go to the doctors i cant  leave the house due to a pretty bad agoraphobia since summer of 2017

I am a hypochondriac too I just need to get to the hospital when I have an scary thoughts about my health it’s really been hard for me to cope ,I took Xanax to stop myself going to the hospital and that’s how I end up in withrawal

• 1 month later...

SORRY Jumpman, but I don't understand your signature. And English isn't my native language, so I may have misunderstood. Have you stopped with Benzo, or do you lower the dose?

I had the same problem as you, before I ended up with Benzo. Terrible anxiety, agoraphobia and insomnia. Now I understand, that it was side effects and tolerance. It is completely incomprehensible, that this little tablet can cause so much problem. But, the body is screaming for more Benzo, and we feel so bad.

Sorry, if I have misunderstood. And I'm so sorry, that you feel so bad. Hug! :)