Author Topic: battling hypochondriasis and agoraphobia  (Read 633 times)

[Buddie]

Re: battling hypochondriasis and agoraphobia
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 09:44:07 am »
thanks again for the reply's  i do drink a lot of water  already since having my first kidney stone in may 2018  maybe next time i will try the tea when this happens  but keeping my fingers crossed it does not happen anytime soon the whole episode last  about 30 minutes and it was over but that 30 minutes seemed like forever   i had a fairly decent day today so i am grateful  for that
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 11:06:47 pm »
ive been battling the agoraphobia since summer 2017 and then add on hypochondria  in spring of 2018   im still battling everyday with these thoughts of what can go wrong but the thoughts are scary but when i get physical pain with the thoughts is when i lose my shit n get pretty bad because i always assume the worst and think i will have to go the the hospital  tonight has been pretty ruff on me !!!   can anyone offer advice or similar stories

I am the exact same way.

I have always had health problems. I have epilepsy and I have had kidney stones, like you. I am getting off the epilepsy medication because I have been on it for far too long. I am also tapering from xanax. So tapering from two medications has been rough.

But also like you I have horrible hypochondria. This month has been especially bad. My anxiety has been ramped thru the roof. I have gone to a lot of doctors for things that I thought I was going to die from, so i understand what you are going thru.

I have a while to go on tapering as well. So imagine I'll go thru this for some time.

Lets just hope all this gets better in the future for the both of us. Good luck.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 08:34:22 am »
thanks for the reply hope it does get better for both of us in the future but i wish i could go to the doctors i cant  leave the house due to a pretty bad agoraphobia since summer of 2017

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 01:47:54 am »
ive been battling the agoraphobia since summer 2017 and then add on hypochondria  in spring of 2018   im still battling everyday with these thoughts of what can go wrong but the thoughts are scary but when i get physical pain with the thoughts is when i lose my shit n get pretty bad because i always assume the worst and think i will have to go the the hospital  tonight has been pretty ruff on me !!!   can anyone offer advice or similar stories

I am a hypochondriac too I just need to get to the hospital when I have an scary thoughts about my health itís really been hard for me to cope ,I took Xanax to stop myself going to the hospital and thatís how I end up in withrawal

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 05:26:49 am »
SORRY Jumpman, but I don't understand your signature. And English isn't my native language, so I may have misunderstood. Have you stopped with Benzo, or do you lower the dose?

I had the same problem as you, before I ended up with Benzo. Terrible anxiety, agoraphobia and insomnia. Now I understand, that it was side effects and tolerance. It is completely incomprehensible, that this little tablet can cause so much problem. But, the body is screaming for more Benzo, and we feel so bad.

Sorry, if I have misunderstood. And I'm so sorry, that you feel so bad. Hug! :)