Case of complications of paradoxical reaction and withdrawal symptoms, and...

[Br...]

Does anybody know the case of complications of paradoxical reaction and withdrawal symptoms, chemical hypersensitivity and drug hypersensitivity?? :-[

It's not about me.

I am consulted by the woman who is on tapering process and developed chemical hypersensitivity and drug hypersensitivity after C/T.

After reinstatement she could get back normal to some extent except C/H and D/H, however developed paradoxical reaction during tapering process.

I know it's very very rare case.

Does anybody know the case of complications of paradoxical reaction and withdrawal symptoms, chemical hypersensitivity and drug hypersensitivity?? :-[

It's not about me.

I am consulted by the woman who is on tapering process and developed chemical hypersensitivity and drug hypersensitivity after C/T.

After reinstatement she could get back normal to some extent except C/H and D/H, however developed paradoxical reaction during tapering process.

I know it's very very rare case.

Paradoxical type indications and Sensitivity are pretty common tapering symptoms... More so with a CT or other significant changes...

However to even begin to make a call like that I would be wanting to talk with that person and follow things for quite some time...

What makes you think these things..??

(BBL)..

Hi Cantfly

Thanks for reply a lot!

She can't do English living in Jap, so do I.

Do you have any idea for her what to do or any questions I can convey to her?

Maybe she is in a status of no way to go without be able to reduce nor increase dose... :(

Any idea is welcome.

Hi Cantfly

Thanks for reply a lot!

She can't do English living in Jap, so do I.

Do you have any idea for her what to do or any questions I can convey to her?

Maybe she is in a status of no way to go without be able to reduce nor increase dose... :(

Any idea is welcome.

Hi,

Im not familiar with some of these meds, So perhaps others may know more.. But we can only try..

It would be good to know more on the micro taper speed (frequency) and sizes, Sorry I cant check your sig from here... Also how she felt after taking these meds at dose time, and what followed... More the Rohypnol, and Valium.. Have symptoms changed much..? What are her Symptoms now, day to day, and how is her Dr with all this..?

-What is C/H and D/H.. sorry..??

I hate to be simplistic.. But Is it possible for her to continue tapering at all..?? What would prevent this?? -I suspect not..??

The other side to it, -is she able to get stable enough on any dose to be able to function day to day..??

This might take some hold time and/or require a dose adjustment... If thats possible, the situation improves a lot... 

From there, once feeling better, it might be possible to do a particularly slow taper using her symptom levels as a guide to gently taper her off.. Holding or adjusting as needed.. The thing is that this can take time, a lot of time, so the idea is to keep symptom (sx) intensity bearable and maintain a reasonable level of function...

Its a big decision, and needs a continued supply of medication for the taper... This type of tapering can usually get people out of some pretty tricky situations, but it can be far slower than the slowest of "Ashton" taper speeds... Though from what I have seen, the post medication healing time can often be less intense and shorter than faster tapers... Sometimes I think it can be the only choice..

There are a couple of support groups here that cater more to this style of tapering, so have a think about it, and if interested we can look at it more...

My best guess is that her body is very sensitive to change now, not just reductions, but increases and other meds or even perhaps suppliments, foods, and stress, etc..

Are there any previous or other signidicant medications or illnesses, etc..?? maybe hormonal type things..??

Sorry, I will have to read your complete posting history and introduction as soon as I can...

I cant say what to do, but I am happy to talk it through and point you in the direction of further information that I have found helpful.. Others may have additional thoughts too..

It Is a terrible thing to face, and She is very lucky to have you supporting her in this...

My best wishes to you both...

:)

Thank you for your reply, Cantfly!

And I'm very appreciated for your suggestion to be 'NOT simplistic'.

Here is her history;

--

She was C/Ted by her prescriber Loflazepate ethyl 1.0mg which is very long half-life benzo, and its titer may be same as lorazepam.

During off benzo, her prescriber gave her Quetiapine, Mirtazapine and so on, then she had developed chemical hypersensitivity and drug hypersensitivity.

After 8 month off benzo, she reinstated Loflazepate ethyl 1.0mg, and could be back to better still with heavy chemical hypersensitivity. Therefore she could reduce the dose to 0.54mg by micro tapering at her doing best.

In a while she joined a cult-benzo support group in Jap on facebook, the cult-guru advised her to dose up to mitigate the heavy chemical hypersensitivity.

Unfortunately she believed the Guru, she dosed up to 0.57mg.

After her Excessive sedation for a month, ultimately she developed a paradoxical reaction.

Soon she dosed down to 0.54mg again, then the extreme paradoxical reaction got better a little.

But she sticks to 0.54mg now, reducing even 0.00125mg brings her the extreme withdrawal symptoms.

Here is the status.

She is now in the hell in the earth. brind alley, not knowing which to go, between hard and rock.

Thank you for your reply, Cantfly!

And I'm very appreciated for your suggestion to be 'NOT simplistic'.

Here is her history;

--

She was C/Ted by her prescriber Loflazepate ethyl 1.0mg which is very long half-life benzo, and its titer may be same as lorazepam.

During off benzo, her prescriber gave her Quetiapine, Mirtazapine and so on, then she had developed chemical hypersensitivity and drug hypersensitivity.

After 8 month off benzo, she reinstated Loflazepate ethyl 1.0mg, and could be back to better still with heavy chemical hypersensitivity. Therefore she could reduce the dose to 0.54mg by micro tapering at her doing best.

In a while she joined a cult-benzo support group in Jap on facebook, the cult-guru advised her to dose up to mitigate the heavy chemical hypersensitivity.

Unfortunately she believed the Guru, she dosed up to 0.57mg.

After her Excessive sedation for a month, ultimately she developed a paradoxical reaction.

Soon she dosed down to 0.54mg again, then the extreme paradoxical reaction got better a little.

But she sticks to 0.54mg now, reducing even 0.00125mg brings her the extreme withdrawal symptoms.

Here is the status.

She is now in the hell in the earth. brind alley, not knowing which to go, between hard and rock.

Hi BP..

I see you understand the complexities of what she faces...

Are you helping this person in real life or online..??

Can you give a clearer picture on the actual micro taper speed, Medical history eg diognosis etc., and tapering SX..?

I imagine you understand the role "change" has played..  And if "extreme" means she cant slow taper futther, and a CT is obviously out... -Then that leaves a long hold, OR a very slow increase like a reverse taper to a point of more stability to further hold (kind of like a reinstatment).. -Then an extra, extra slow taper...

The only other option that may help, possibly with their own consequence and bearing in mind the sensitivity, is adjunct medication or supplements, and various therapy.. But I cant help there.. Its a personal choice for her... -Well, as is all of it..!!

I think you may understand all this, so all I can realy say is that these are the type of things we see on the long hold support group, and it sure can take some time (as would reading the whole thread), and still there are some mixed results..

But yes, it can be done with a wholistic approach, as a general rule.. (and Imo)... But sadly there always seem to be exceptions...

Maybe others have further thoughts...

Hi Canfly,

I am online supporting 1,000 miles far away from her.

After reinstatement she could taper by 0.025mg per a stage until touch base to 0.54mg from 1.0mg.

After then she stayed almost for a year because she needed to move to countryside due to her heavy chemical hypersensitivity .

During staying for a year, she was trapped into paradoxcial reaction by up-dose to 0.57mg.

I wonder if she can eat food / nutrients enough. I often hear Eating disorder patients cannot heal their receptors; needs enough protein and nutrients such as vitamins, minerals.

I am suggesting her to join this thread, prepare PC and Internet, just smartphone makes almost impossible to walk through here.

Thanks Canfly, her residence is too available for Electromagnetic hypersensitivity patients, it should be taking time for her to get PC and network.

-BP

Hi BP,

Yes it would be great if she could join the Forum and push through any language barriers.. The support and understanding from people going through a similar misunderstood experiance can be very important...

It would be much better than trying to pick through a list of possible contributing factors in a diagnostic manner, which could be dangerous to say the least..  Particularly if one is desperate or overly open to suggestion... The great thing about BB is that it provides a Peer support environment for one to find their own path through this... The Advice side of it probably shouldnt be weighted too heavily against this... (as per BB mission)

Sadly this leaves "Her" in a very tough spot if she cant access and utilise places like BB effectivly..

Its great that you are trying to help the situation, and support her, -I hope there is "an answer" to be had to help...  But failing that, the more support she has, -the better, imho.. Sometimes the little "dots" start to connect through day to day communication with a variety of Peers...

I dont know how others do it..?? But is there a translation programme or something people here can use..??

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late response.

The fact the facility she lives is also anti-electric-hysensibility bldg, makes difficult for her to bring PC and network.

Therefore she ran out of it and lives in mountain hut with her mother.

And her status getting worse in spite of she keeps staying for long long term.

I made decision to talk to her relatives, possibly her father or husband.

Appreciation for your catching anyway, Mr. Canfly.

Let me keep in posting.

BP

Hi Canfly

Her father is ready now.

Are you available to talk on the thread?

or anybody...?

-BP

Well yes, as I can... But I dont know how much I can help...??

What is the Fathers role or aims..??

I might need a refresh on it all.. 

She is currently in the mountains, being cared for.. She is very sensitive, stuck on a dose, unwell and cant taper further.. Holding isnt helping much..??

Is that close..??

• 2 weeks later...