First time flying during taper process

[Lo...]

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with flying for an extended period of time during their taper. I’ve been tapering for about a year now, very very slowly, and leaving for a trip to Hawaii this coming week. The flight to Hawaii is 4 hours to the first layover, and then 7 hours to Hawaii. The return flight is ELEVEN hours from Hawaii back home. Before this shit show with Benzos began, I never had a real fear of flying regarding the mechanics of the plane and things of that nature, but I did get anxious if flights were for an extended period of time. I’m getting anxiety just thinking about dealing with a panic attack at 30,000 feet in the sky. I’ve had emergency landing scenarios play though my head over and over. I try and tell myself that the seconds are going to pass regardless, and it’s demon of anxiety and panic hasn’t killed me yet and I’ll survive.

I guess I’m just looking for some positive reassurance that I’m going to benok through this. I hate having the fear of having anxiety control me as life just passes by.

Thank you in advance to anyone who shares their insight and experiences.

I flew this past June from CA to FA & didn’t know what to expect bc I still wasn’t even aware I was in withdrawal. My stomach was in knots the entire time but I made it there & back without freaking out. I was just careful of what I ate or drank before & during the flight. I didn’t even take any benzo’s with me which I was still on at the time. I’ve NEVER had any fear of flying  before benzo’s & have been in multiple types of airplanes & helicopters. After getting over that initial anxiety, it has been a whole lot easier. So much that I was even able to fly out of the state for Xmas with some anxiety the morning of, but that’s about it. Now I’m going to LA in Feb & possibly India this summer. It’s gotta be different for everyone, but as time goes on and I keep trying to do things that make me uncomfortable or give me anxiety, they become much easier. I wouldn’t suggest rushing the process, just understanding that a lot of the extra worry & stress is brought on by our easy ability to fixate & obsess. I hope this helped, you’ll be ok! Hang in there