Burning skin

[20...]

Since the taper started, my symptoms have gradually gotten worse.  (symptoms= 4+, which to me means not tolerable.  I'm ok with 3 and below.  I had to slightly updose.  Even with that, I'm experiencing the worst of my symptoms which is a bad burning on my neck.  It only forms on my neck.  It is visually very red and very uncomfortable.  I had been researching supplements that could help and as a result,  a week ago I started taking 2 grams of B3 Niacinamide (non-flushing). I'm wondering if that could be responsible for this burning that appeared. 

You can see my taper plan below.  I guess maybe its a little aggressive.  What do you recommend for soothing the burning?  Adjustments to the taper?  I guess it is too fast.  I did hold for a week at the same dose. 

Unfortunately, the burning can happen sometimes even with a slow taper.  I don't know why some people are burners, but it does go away eventually.  I had it across my neck, arms and down my back.  I found that a cool (but not cold) towel gave a little bit of relief.  Anything too cold actually made it worse, since it was a nerve thing.

2019 - I'm pretty sure your neck burning thing could be related to the niacin.  But the upper body niacin flush (worse on neck and face) usually only lasts an hour or so. 

You're welcome!  Did the neck burning go away?

Yes ! It was the Niacinamide.  I always have some mild irritation from the drug in the same area, but it was 10x worse than normal.