Rivotril - liquid titration Plan Help. Clonazepam (Klonopin).

[Ho...]

Hi Bb,

I have a script for 2.5mg/ml Rivotril or Rx. 1 drop Rx= 0.1mg K.

I am currently tapering down from 1mg of Clonazepam "K".

My plan is to take 1 tablet 0.5mg K, plus four drops of Rivotril in the first month to taper down to 0.9mg K.

Question:

I plan to taper at a rate of 10% a month. After 1-month of one 0.5mg tablet and four drops of Rx =0.9 total, how do I make a precision taper with Rx? Do I make the reduction by day i.e (.89,.88,875,0.87,.86 etc etc) or hold 0.81 for a four week period?

Phamarcy says to use the dropper by dispensing four 0.1 drops into a spoon and consume, decreasing the drops as needed per month. I have read on Bbb forums that it is best to combine Rivotril in water, but am unsure the steps, or how much water to use after the first month to gradually slow my taper.

If it is a daily plan, can someone help me to create a plan so that I can make the appropriate daily reductions to get off this drug.

Since you have the advantage of Rx liquid, I definitely recommend a daily taper.  Smaller cuts. more often will always be a more gentle taper.

If you dilute your 2.5mg/ml solution 22.5ml water for each 1ml of solution,you will then have a .1mg per ml solution.

Builder,

Can I just combine the Rx into 22.5ml of water ? And can I store this water at room temp e.g in the Pantry or must it be in fridge?

Also, could you help me with a taper plan from 1st month(4weeks). If I wanted to taper 10% and reach 0.9mg of K, what would my taper plan look like?

Thanks,

Hoops

Builder,

Can I just combine the Rx into 22.5ml of water ? And can I store this water at room temp e.g in the Pantry or must it be in fridge?

Also, could you help me with a taper plan from 1st month(4weeks). If I wanted to taper 10% and reach 0.9mg of K, what would my taper plan look like?

Thanks,

Hoops

Combine 10ml Rivotril liquid + 240ml water.  Store in a covered container at room temp

1mg X 10% = .1mg

.1mg/14 days = .007mg/day reduction

Schedule:

1mg          10ml

.993mg    9.93ml

.986mg    9.96ml

.979mg    9.79ml

etc...

Just lower your dose by .07ml (.007mg) each day.

I only have 2 bottles of Rx. That is 2 (2.5mg/ml) total 5ml, That is all the script came with. I am not comfortable getting a script and combining 4 bottles to get 10ml and mixing it with 240ml of water.

Second question:

Say I decided to use Milk instead of Rivotril Rx.

If I was to drop 2*0.5mg tablets of K into 100ml of Milk. Would I have the same taper schedule?

I am trying to use Jim Hawks Program:http://bzo.spes-lavaux.ch/TaperPlan.htm and can't seem to plug in the correct numbers that you have reached:

0.979 etc...

Could you help me plug in the correct numbers so that I can formulate my taper length ?

I apologise at the minute my brain is mushy  :sick:.

Your taper schedule (in mgs) will be the same "... lower your dose by .07ml (.007mg) each day."

But your liquid volume will then be 100X mgs instead of 10Xmgs.  99.3ml, 98.6ml, 97.9ml, etc.

IMO, Rx liquid, if available, is the optimum method to taper.

I only have 2 bottles of Rx. That is 2 (2.5mg/ml) total 5ml, That is all the script came with. I am not comfortable getting a script and combining 4 bottles to get 10ml and mixing it with 240ml of water.

Second question:

Say I decided to use Milk instead of Rivotril Rx.

If I was to drop 2*0.5mg tablets of K into 100ml of Milk. Would I have the same taper schedule?

I am trying to use Jim Hawks Program:http://bzo.spes-lavaux.ch/TaperPlan.htm and can't seem to plug in the correct numbers that you have reached:

0.979 etc...

Could you help me plug in the correct numbers so that I can formulate my taper length ?

I apologise at the minute my brain is mushy  :sick:.

Here is a sample from Jim's program to help you formulate your taper length:

click image

rLswafn.png

Hope this is what you are looking for  :thumbsup:

Thanks Bella (and Builder)

I have followed your taper length on a Liquid taper plan but my numbers are coming out a bit wrong.

In your plan, can I ask why you entered 0.5mg in Tablet Size, and, why a dose value of 0.5mg was placed for Day 1 and Day 2??

Thanks. I am leaning towards using Milk as my formula instead of using Rivotril, keeping the tablets for same strength, and using less steps.

Sincerely,

Hoops.

Since you have the advantage of Rx liquid, I definitely recommend a daily taper.  Smaller cuts. more often will always be a more gentle taper.

If you dilute your 2.5mg/ml solution 22.5ml water for each 1ml of solution,you will then have a .1mg per ml solution.

Builder, just had a quick check on my calculator.

For RX, shouldn't it be 25mg of water? 22.5 / 10 = 2.25mg. I have 2.5mg/ml solution.

Thanks pls clarify.

I’m so confused in this water tapering method. I’m trying it starting tomorrow but can’t understand something. So I just dissolved one half pill of Ativan into 250ml of water. I weened myself down from 2mg per day to 1 mg broken into halves. So since I’m trying to taper off quickly because I only have seven pills left without no refill so its all or nothing. Do I just drink half the water solution then other half later on that day? Then the next day only drink one half of solution or less each day? I don’t quite understand. I think what I’m not understanding is do I always make a water solution with same amount of Ativan dissolved in it then just slowly try to drink less of that each day until I don’t rely on drinking it no more? Can it stay dissolved for more than 24 hours and still have same affects? Because once dissolved as in your stomach from eating it doesn’t it have short half life then lose it’s effectiveness???

For RX, shouldn't it be 25mg of water? 22.5 / 10 = 2.25mg. I have 2.5mg/ml solution.

Thanks pls clarify.

Good catch!  Actually, its 24ml water + 1ml solution.

Nick, please seek the help of another doctor instead of trying to taper off of Ativan 1 mg with only 7 pills to work with. I am concerned for your health. If you cannot get in with a primary care doctor you may need to go to the hospital for help.

Hi Nick,

I see you are checking in Re Ativan and Water.

This specific topic is about Clonazepam "K", Rivotril or "Rx" (this is already compounded liquid from the pharmacy) and a solution to mix it with: Milk or Water.

I don't think you should combine Ativan with water. So because alot of information is missing, I advise you to create a new thread and post the info inside there where the mods will check in with you. (I am not a mod).  You may feel like doing a taper BUT Don't rush it, post a simplified thread with the info take your time to calculate your taper.

Thanks pls clarify.

Good catch!  Actually, its 24ml water + 1ml solution.

So that means 24ml of water and 10 drops of Rivotril  "Rx" together? Hoping i got something right.

Schedule:

1mg          10ml

.993mg    9.93ml

.986mg    9.96ml

.979mg    9.79ml

etc...

Builder, I have another maths Q.

If my schedule was 100ml of Milk.

100ml:

Day 1: 99.3ml

Day 2: 98.6ml

Day 3: 97.9ml etc.

Is this correct?? Checking that the schedule .PDF I have printed off is correct.

Schedule:

1mg          10ml

.993mg    9.93ml

.986mg    9.96ml

.979mg    9.79ml

etc...

Builder, I have another maths Q.

If my schedule was 100ml of Milk.

100ml:

Day 1: 99.3ml

Day 2: 98.6ml

Day 3: 97.9ml etc.

Is this correct?? Checking that the schedule .PDF I have printed off is correct.

Yes, that's correct.  Just subtract .07ml each day from the previous day's dose.