At what point do I step off of Librium ?

[Te...]

Hi All,

Okay so I'm down and trying to hold at 10mg of Librium, trying to listen to my body and it's saying to get

off of this med, it seems that most times when I dose now I get a pounding headache within 30 minutes,

I began my tapering about 9 months ago originally with Xanax, now at what doasge is it safe for me to jump or step off of

Librium, I originally said back in April that if I can get down to .25 mg of Xanax I'm going to just stop taking it forever

well according to every conversion chart or calculator that I've checked I'm now on the equivalent of about .2mg of Xanax

I believe that my next cut will be down to 7.50mg (.15mg Xanax) then 5mg (.1mg Xanax) then hopefully jump or step off what do ya think, and what was

your experience?

Thanks in Advance !

Terry

If possible, perhaps use your more recent cuts as a guide..

-If thaigs have been getting harder, then maybe lower and slower for the last bit..??

Well done on getting to the point where you can consider this part...

That is 4 mg of valium if it were me no way would I jump there. But I tend to be very sensitive to this stuff. I am planning to taper down to 1mg of Librium.

That is 4 mg of valium if it were me no way would I jump there. But I tend to be very sensitive to this stuff. I am planning to taper down to 1mg of Librium.

I found out yesterday under stress that I'm no where close to being ready to jump off, I have these good days when I think I'm closer to being Benzo free than I actually am, looks like a few more months of tapering at the least, I'm healing some and getting better some just have to be patient and my Doctor  gave me a very nice lecture about being patient late yesterday, I'm very fortunate that I final found a Doctor that actually cares.

The stress associated with my work is my major obsticle, if I did not have to work under this stress I believe that I would be able to reach my goals much quicker and easier.

Kind Regards

Terry

I found out yesterday under stress that I'm no where close to being ready to jump off, I have these good days when I think I'm closer to being Benzo free than I actually am, looks like a few more months of tapering at the least, I'm healing some and getting better some just have to be patient and my Doctor  gave me a very nice lecture about being patient late yesterday, I'm very fortunate that I final found a Doctor that actually cares.

The stress associated with my work is my major obsticle, if I did not have to work under this stress I believe that I would be able to reach my goals much quicker and easier.

Kind Regards

Terry

Thats good to hear.. Not the length of time.. -But that you understand this...  And your Dr ofcourse.. Hope you feel better soon...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Terry- awesome that you’re able to handle a quick taper. Sorry abt the work stress. I’m at 3.25 mg Librium now. I’m doing a daily microtaper and plan to taper daily til I reach zero. So no jumping for me. Things got rough around 12.5 mg Librium for me. That equals 5V.

You’ll have to see how it goes for you and you’ll have a better feel of when you can jump. But best not to think of it now. Just taper as you can and once you get to 5 mg L you will have much more info and can decide then. You can consider going to 2.5 mg maybe before going off. You’re doing great!