Any advice for the bone crushing depression in withdrawal?

[07...]

5htp ...but then, we have to watch out for seratonin syndrome since we're on Valium.  So I don't know but that's what helps depression from what I've read. 

I've never dealt with real depression, so it's hard for me to know how to help ppl who do.  My husband is prone to that and I give him 5htp and it has helped, but he has not been on benzos ever. 

You can get a test to see where your seratonin levels are and then they can treat you for it properly with 5htp and how much to take.  That is the safest option I think. 

I am so sorry to hear this. Depression is terrible.  I remember when my brother had a nervous breakdown and lived with us for a time.  I stupidly thought I could pray him to get better, take care of him and that would fix it.  It didn't do a thing to help him.  Not one thing.  So I learned that depression isn't something that just goes away easily with some prayers.  He was put on several medications and had to switch when they all stopped working.  This was years ago, he's better now, but I haven't seen him since, so I don't know what he's done to get well.  Again, getting your seratonin levels tested may help, then they can prescribe aminos that could help and you could take them with the Valium or whatever benzo you are on. 

I am looking into neurofeedback therapy.  I read it really helps.  I am not depressed, but it apparently also helps depression from what these docs are telling me.  You could pay with a charge card and get a 6 month therapy.  Read it also helps with Benzo sxs as well.  I'm calling them tomorrow to get more information.

I hope this helps dear one.  I saw how my brother suffered and I don't want you to go through this either so I will pray for you but we also have to look for help, get tests, etc as I am now trying to do.  It is a synergy where we have to pray and look for ways to get help and get better.  So let us do that.  I will keep you advised as to how the Neurofeedback is working if you are interested. 

Tweed, valium is notorious for causing bone-crushing depression. You might consider switching over, gradually, to klonopin. I know it's not ideal, but neither is depression. When I switched from klonopin to valium, I experienced terrible depression and I had to go back to klonopin and taper off that. When did this depression start?

Thank you everyone.

I’ve only had this depression since using Benzos regularly.

I’d say 6 months to a year.

I have considered crossing to klonopin however I’m at such a low dose of Valium now (2.71mg) i would have to updose significantly and further kindle myself to get off with no promise of relief.

I’m thinking the best move is just to get off the Valium.

Sorry it's so bad, but yes, it's likely the Benzos. I'd been extremely depressed with these wretched Benzos for 29 mo. - has been a freakin' nightmare. I would not advise going to K. That stuff is horrible - no upside to it. Benzos suck - all of them. Wish I had known.

I got depression during the last 6 weeks of my taper.  When I went off, after about a week it became unbearable....now after going back to 2/3 of my original dose of klonopin for 3 days of so, it has begun to diminish.

I never felt anything like this while on klonopin.  Maybe the valium crossover precipitated it.

Anyway, I'm never going to waste my energy on a taper again.  6 slightly crappy months, followed by 2 horrible ones.

I switched from Ativan to Valium last July, 2018.  Down now to 10mg.  I am not experiencing depression at all.  But I've HIT the WALL 10 mg since I tapered like at lightning speed till I got to 10mg.  I've had ever sxs except for the Depression. 

I am on the Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent Fasting. Perhaps that's why and I AVOID ALL SUGAR like the PLAGUE!  I only eat organic foods, Grass fed beef, Range Free Chicken and eggs and lots of Complex Carbs, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, Spinach, etc.  Grass Fed Milk and/or Almond Milk.  I put Lemon in water with Braggs Vinegar and Himalayan Salt to keep electrolytes up.  Drink Decaf Green tea, Chamomile; Holy Basil and Lemon Balm Teas. 

And I pray, listen to Scripture, have an attitude of Gratitude to the LORD just knowing I am saved helps immensely. Does it take away my sxs?  NOOOOOOOOO.......but it helps me deal with them.  Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.....and the Breathing technique works to help.......some nights I've had to do it all night long while I'm shaking.  But I still do it.  Distracting myself and thinking about good things, avoiding bad tv shows, bad movies, politics, etc.  I fill my mind, heart with good things only.