To Ashton or daily microtaper

[Ja...]

I did get the maths wrong should have said 1 2mg tablet that’s 0.154 plus morning dose 0.065 (now 0.056) but by 5% I think over 2 weeks having just started dry cut micro taper, feeling good today so going to stick to 0.001 a day another 2weeks then up to 0.002 if that goes well ?  I do really appreciate the reply’s

Ok guys so

0.174 and 0.065 now down to

0.174 and 0.054 roughly 0.001 drop per day so 5% over two weeks

Tinnitus has annoyingly developed but ?

Keep reducing at 0.01 or go 0.02 or maybe alternate the drops over 14 day ? Opinions most welcome 🙏🏻

Ok guys so

Keep reducing at 0.01 or go 0.02 or maybe alternate the drops over 14 day ? Opinions most welcome 🙏🏻

If you are ok, as low as you are, stay on your path, don't change anything  :)

Ok guys so

If you are ok, as low as you are, stay on your path, don't change anything  :)

What Mary said. :)

I would hold at that rate for another 2 weeks and reevaluate.

In general I think a healthy taper is achieved by listening to one's body. I think assigning numbers to symptoms can be helpful with perspective. You noticed an upswing in symptoms with the tinnitus. Ask yourself where you would put that, along with any/all other symptoms you are experiencing, on a 1-10 scale, as far as how much it is bothering you or interfering with your enjoyment of life, with 1 being " I am enjoying life to the fullest" and 10 being "why am I doing this, again?". If you would rate your current symptoms at a 3, let's say, and you are considering doubling your rate, ask yourself, "would I be okay with a 5 or 6"? Maybe you decide that you could live with a 4 and increase your rate only a little, such as the every other day plan. Bottom line is that if you are listening to your body, and setting realistic expectations for yourself, you will do fine.

And fyi, I think you're doing amazing!  Congrats on all your progress! Have you chosen a jump dose yet?

Ah ! Good plan thanks ! I think I’m going to continue as is for another week or two and re evaluate

Many thanks guys for the responses

• 1 month later...
Down to 0.013/14g(0.14mg)am and pm 2mg(0.174g) time to take the switch?! Can’t really accurately weight that morning dose anymore as it’s to small even with 0.001 scales so wish me luck ! No morning dose today adding it to the evening and just one dose then to taper ! Fingers crossed 🤞

...that is the question. I have to decide on a program soon. Microtaper will help me to stay functional and keep my job. Ashton gets the poison out of my system quicker but I run the risk of bad withdrawal and losing function. What to do....

"Ashton gets the poison out of my system quicker..."

Probably not!

It is a misconception to think a daily microtaper is a slow taper.  It is more gradual, but usually NOT slower.

tis is very encouraging

If you cut 1mg and held for 10 days, or if you cut .1mg each day for 10 days, at the end of 10 days, your down 1mg either way.

Some folks find they can actually go faster on a DLMT as they find it much easier and more tolerable.

• 3 weeks later...

Down to 0.013/14g(0.14mg)am and pm 2mg(0.174g) time to take the switch?! Can’t really accurately weight that morning dose anymore as it’s to small even with 0.001 scales so wish me luck ! No morning dose today adding it to the evening and just one dose then to taper ! Fingers crossed 🤞

Fingers are crossed  :D. Good luck 🍀 Mary

• 2 weeks later...