My wife’s success story

[Na...]

Well folks she’s finally done!

Wife’s last little bit of liquid titration was finished today.

Where do I start? This will be very difficult to put everything into one post, so I will try to “nutshell” the story the best I can.

It all began in 2013 when the poor women was so taxed a distressed from being poly drugged for numerous years, possibly 20 or so.

From the period of ‘08 thru to September of ‘13 she in a downward spiral, getting less and less theaputic relive from all these prescription meds.

It all came to what I believe was a psychotic breakdown. I won’t get into the details, but she was hospitalized for a psychiatric evaluation. 😢

I personally had no idea of what was going on and was unaware of the meds she was on nor the amounts she was consuming. Just knew the love of my life for over 25 yrs was in a VERY sad state of affairs, and I was loosing her.

This is a wonderful, caring beautiful woman that wouldn’t hurt a flea, and had turned into a nasty monster.

After numerous visits in and out of the hospital I realized that the cocktail of psychotic drugs she was taking to relieve her anxiety was enormous! Numerous benzodiazepines and Z drugs were far out of control, and yes she was innocently abusing in desperation of relief.

Tolerance was at an all time high, as she was more anxious than ever and the Z drug was paradoxical.

Max hrs of sleep per night MAY have been 1-1.5 😳 this was a script of 22.5 milligrams WITHOUT counting the extras she was taking. I’ll never know her max. dose as she was totally ashamed of the huge doses, but was so confused on where to turn. She totally trusted Drs and believing they were looking after her needs. I’ll leave that one alone.

Anyway, needless to say I had a plethora of emotions running through me, I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown. When I came to the conclusion that she needed serious help and realized what REALLY was the source and root of the problems, I knew I had to step up.

That’s when I started doing some research and (thank god) came across this sight. With countless hrs of research til my eyes where bleeding, I slowly began to gather the knowledge to come up with a plan of attack.

Very difficult in the beginning as she felt I was the monster taking her security blanket away. I had gone in with her to the Pdoc to gain control of her meds totally, in which he was behind me 100%.

I’m sure he knew how desperate the situation had become and gave me full control.

It wasn’t pretty in the beginning but I hung tough.

The plan of attack was to eliminate one drug at a time starting with the Zdrug.

Once that was complete, then it was time to focus one the Benzo.

My sig provides a basic outline of the progress and time line.

I can honestly say I have my beautiful wonderful wife completely back mentally and love more than ever. I’m proud of her beyond words. SHE did it! She just needed the direction and support that someone in this horrible horrific state needs. I’m far from a saint, just a hard working blue collar working man that simply wasn’t about to loose his wife.

I would just like to say this can be done folks! NEVER give up!

Also want give this board my blessings cause to be honest I don’t know if I could have done this without the knowledge base here. So many wonderful intelligent caring people here, that are here to help. Thank you so much Colin for creating this site!

And to all the moderators and others (you know who you are) that have helped guide me. THANK YOU

I wish everyone suffering from this dependence the best of luck, you’ll get there!!

Jim

• Like 1

Wow! Really a sign of great appreciation for her that you went thru such great lengths to get her where she is now!

Happy for both you guys! :)

• 1 year later...
Wow this is beautiful. I always says it’s only when we are this sick that we know who really cares about us... I’m so happy for your wife. May she have continued healing.

Well done Navita for helping your wife. If all of us here had someone like you to help us at the beginning it would be great. Understanding and support means so much. Good for you for realizing that the polydrugging was the problem. It is the worst, I know this. Good luck to you and your wife.

Becky

In tears. Amazing x ur poor wife, but I have seen the toll this has taken on my husband and I’d like to say u are a very strong and brave man. I am so happy for you both x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi navita. i would like to hear more about your wifes story. i feel like im about 50% through my own hell but so long to go. congrats to you both!

• 2 years later...
On 13/01/2019 at 23:09, [[N...] said:

Well folks she’s finally done!

Wife’s last little bit of liquid titration was finished today.

Where do I start? This will be very difficult to put everything into one post, so I will try to “nutshell” the story the best I can.

It all began in 2013 when the poor women was so taxed a distressed from being poly drugged for numerous years, possibly 20 or so.

From the period of ‘08 thru to September of ‘13 she in a downward spiral, getting less and less theaputic relive from all these prescription meds.

It all came to what I believe was a psychotic breakdown. I won’t get into the details, but she was hospitalized for a psychiatric evaluation. 😢

I personally had no idea of what was going on and was unaware of the meds she was on nor the amounts she was consuming. Just knew the love of my life for over 25 yrs was in a VERY sad state of affairs, and I was loosing her.

This is a wonderful, caring beautiful woman that wouldn’t hurt a flea, and had turned into a nasty monster.

After numerous visits in and out of the hospital I realized that the cocktail of psychotic drugs she was taking to relieve her anxiety was enormous! Numerous benzodiazepines and Z drugs were far out of control, and yes she was innocently abusing in desperation of relief.

Tolerance was at an all time high, as she was more anxious than ever and the Z drug was paradoxical.

Max hrs of sleep per night MAY have been 1-1.5 😳 this was a script of 22.5 milligrams WITHOUT counting the extras she was taking. I’ll never know her max. dose as she was totally ashamed of the huge doses, but was so confused on where to turn. She totally trusted Drs and believing they were looking after her needs. I’ll leave that one alone.

Anyway, needless to say I had a plethora of emotions running through me, I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown. When I came to the conclusion that she needed serious help and realized what REALLY was the source and root of the problems, I knew I had to step up.

That’s when I started doing some research and (thank god) came across this sight. With countless hrs of research til my eyes where bleeding, I slowly began to gather the knowledge to come up with a plan of attack.

Very difficult in the beginning as she felt I was the monster taking her security blanket away. I had gone in with her to the Pdoc to gain control of her meds totally, in which he was behind me 100%.

I’m sure he knew how desperate the situation had become and gave me full control.

It wasn’t pretty in the beginning but I hung tough.

The plan of attack was to eliminate one drug at a time starting with the Zdrug.

Once that was complete, then it was time to focus one the Benzo.

My sig provides a basic outline of the progress and time line.

I can honestly say I have my beautiful wonderful wife completely back mentally and love more than ever. I’m proud of her beyond words. SHE did it! She just needed the direction and support that someone in this horrible horrific state needs. I’m far from a saint, just a hard working blue collar working man that simply wasn’t about to loose his wife.

I would just like to say this can be done folks! NEVER give up!

Also want give this board my blessings cause to be honest I don’t know if I could have done this without the knowledge base here. So many wonderful intelligent caring people here, that are here to help. Thank you so much Colin for creating this site!

And to all the moderators and others (you know who you are) that have helped guide me. THANK YOU

I wish everyone suffering from this dependence the best of luck, you’ll get there!!

Jim

What a positive story to give us here hope thankyou Jim 🙏