Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Tapering Strips

[So...]

They do ship to the US so I am going to see my doctor this week and order them to start a micro taper from 2mil.

I will keep you posted.

• 8 months later...

I guess in general, since this is an old thread, does anyone have any stories to share about using these tapering strips? I'd love to hear just general reactions and stories.

In addition, there are lots of questions involved.

1) How long does the shipping take (could be a problem if you aren't putting in orders every month, or can you fill out a longer-term) order sheet?

2) Its 77 euros, about $85 US, does that include shipping?

3) What do you do if you are mid month and you get symptomatic and need to hold at a dose?

4) Does anyone's insurance pay for them?

probably other folks have questions I haven't thought of?

There is actually a place on the form where you can dictate exactly how slow you want to taper by. The top of the sheet is just a guide (I guess it's like the #1 on their menu, though it does seem bizarrely fast to me). It's not a perfect form, so I had to look a bit until I saw where you could fill any kind of tapering sequence you liked. It's called the "customized schedule."

Also, if anyone is looking and as was pointed out by Libertas they do offer Klonopin. It's just listed under anti-convulsants. That could be very handy for people who can't/don't want to cross over to Valium, but can't handle the big K cuts. (Like me)